Previous | Next | Discuss :: Free Advice (General Feng Shui)

Topic: Concept of facing direction
Conf: Discuss :: Free Advice (General Feng Shui), Msg: 12891
From: Anon (Hidden from Privacy)
Date: 2/21/2003 12:12 AM

Dear Master Lee,

Need your advice on the "facing direction" concept.

Anyway, I remember I read a book some time ago and it stated
that, the facing direction of a house is not necessary
be the main door of a house. It can be a window,
or even the back door - depends on "what" or "where"
it faces.

For instance, if the back door faces a busy main road
and the main door faces a wall or jungle (somehow),
then, the facing direction will be measured from the
center point to to the back door. (and not the main door)

How true is this statement?

For my case, I am staying in HK and most of the people
here stays in flats. The main door either faces the neighbour's door
or a wall. But, however, normally the balcony or windows of the living room
faces directly to the sea, another block and the busy main street.
Does that mean the facing direction of the house is measured differently
i.e. not to the main door ?

Secondly, regarding the sleeping position. When you say the
sleeping position is West, does that mean the arrow of
the compass that points right towards the back of our head
shows WEST ? (after adjusting the arrow to points to north ?)

i.e.

^
NORTH

-------|o --> WEST
leg head

And at my working place, when I sit on my chair and
place a compass on my table it shows WEST.
(after adjusting the relevant arrow to North)

0 ---> WEST
|_ ____
| | | (my table)

Is "WEST" my work position or is it "EAST" which is at the
back (just like the sleeping position ?)

Thank you in advance.

Regards,
Ken

Copyright 1996-onwards Geomancy.Net, Cecil & Robert Lee. All Rights Reserved.

International Copyright & Intellectual Property Rights Notice
All messages posted TO THIS SITE which includes this forum and other contents made accessable by us to the public cannot be copied; reproduced; recompiled; stored in a retrieval system; or transmitted, in any form or by any means; electronic; mechanical; photocopying; recording; or otherwise. - Learn more

Please kindly contact us at support@geomancy.net. if you should encounter any breach of Copyright and Intellectual Property rights. Thank you in advance!

Back to Feng Shui at Geomancy.Net

 [ Site Search | Forum Search | Picture Search | Site Map ]

Help Desk: (65) 9785-3171

Highlights

Extend your learning with Master Cecil Lee's Applied Feng Shui Made Easy Book.

" Real People, Real Life, Real Situation " - Learn from thousands of actual case studies at our popular Free Advice Forum.

" Worry-Free Professional Feng Shui Services " - from the authors of Geomancy.Net

[ Award & Accolades ]

Site Navigation

   Feng Shui Freebies
   Feng Shui Resources