About Feng Shui at Geomancy.Net
Sponsored Link

Is a tree in front of my house a problem? Can I do anything? Help!

myfs_133994

Dear Master Lee,
I am just new with Feng Shui and do not know much except that a friend told me that a tree in front of our house is bad.
I do not know what this "bad" means except that for the past several years, we are financially down and no matter what we do, it seems like we are not getting anywhere.
This year, we could see and feel like opportunities are just all around us but it does not seem to get through to us in spite of all our efforts.
Someone told me to put a mirror in front of our window facing the tree. I did just that but I do not know if it is the right thing to do.
Please help and enlighten me as I do not know what else to do.
Thanks a lot.

Sponsored Link

• Staff

1. The test to see if the tree is a threat or not is: " To stand inside the main door of the home" and look outwards (directly).If there is say a tree trunk facing the main door, it implies that this tree trunk is like a "knife" slicing thru or towards the main door.

2. In Feng Shui, this is considered as an external threat. Sometimes if the tree or evenobjects like a lamp post does not directly slice the main door, then stand inside the home look out of say any other openings such a window. A tree trunk that slices towards the window is equally a threat.

3. The main door is symbolic of the "mouth of the house". And a simple object like a tree trunk "slicing" thru is a threat and may cause issues.

4. Please see attachment illustration.

5. Usually to cause problems or issues within a home, there are often more than just this "leak" mentioned under Para 3 and 4. (The leak refers to wealth and/or health issues etc...)

Anonymous wrote:
Dear Master Lee, I am just new with Feng Shui and do not know much except that a friend told me that a tree in front of our house is bad. I do not know what this "bad" means except that for the past several years, we are financially down and no matter what we do, it seems like we are not getting anywhere. This year, we could see and feel like opportunities are just all around us but it does not seem to get through to us in spite of all our efforts. Someone told me to put a mirror in front of our window facing the tree. I did just that but I do not know if it is the right thing to do. Please help and enlighten me as I do not know what else to do. Thanks a lot.

Master Cecil Lee, Geomancy.Net

• 8 years later...
  • 1 year later...
Guest Homeseeker

Hi Master, may I know if there is a tree in front of the balcony window of the house we are interested in, will the Fengshui be affected? The main door is facing another direction with no tree. Please advice, thank you! 

• Staff
10 hours ago, Guest Homeseeker said:

Hi Master, may I know if there is a tree in front of the balcony window of the house we are interested in, will the Fengshui be affected? The main door is facing another direction with no tree. Please advice, thank you! 

To check whether a tree trunk can be considered as a poison arrow?

Please refer to the illustration, below:-

Here, the most effective way is to stand at marking A and look towards B.

Does the tree trunk "slice" towards any of the home's opening?

For example, if it is the balcony window, then this is a sha qi or poison arrow. Here, are you prepared to draw a day curtain all day long?

POISON ARROW FROM LAMP POST OR TREE.png

• 1 year later...
Guest George D

Hi Master, I have tall pine trees that are in front of my house , when i look out the front door they block almost my entire view of the front of y property , i am considering cutting them down , what are your thoughts on that , its a big opening so the trees are about 30-40 feet in front of the house but block the view from the road you cant see the house too good . 

• Staff
2 hours ago, Guest George D said:

Hi Master, I have tall pine trees that are in front of my house , when i look out the front door they block almost my entire view of the front of y property , i am considering cutting them down , what are your thoughts on that , its a big opening so the trees are about 30-40 feet in front of the house but block the view from the road you cant see the house too good . 

Sorry, I really don't have a full picture of the external environment of your home thus cannot really give a precise reply.

This area of Feng Shui has more to do with pure common sense (PCS). And many of the following four (4) considerations have it's roots or origins, with PCS. 

1.1. Basically there are four considerations:

A. External Poison arrows or threats from T-junction etc?
B. Man or Human Luck
C. Yin and Yang concept
D. Birds and animals are secret weapons of Feng Shui

A. External Poison arrows or threats from T-junction etc?

2. Why were the trees planted there in the first place? 

2.1 Hopefully the home is not at a T-junction or highly exposed to a road ? or Highway close-by. 

2.2 Nature: the original intention maybe to have some privacy. But now the trees mature and are "overgrown".

B. Man or Human Luck

holy_smoke.png.c705def7e5d76c870715656043335ac3.thumb.png.a934fc5921c9798feb0d67802574e3b9.png

3. Feng Shui is about Earth Luck of the place. Human Luck is about one's feel = good.

3.1 Based on another concept: Human Luck/ Man Luck or human factors... feel good that it is nice to have a view out of the home.. then can consider cutting the tree(s). 

C. Yin and Yang concept

bright_hall.gif.819ea9acea569ea2aa7647462b169985.gif.17357fe16e54d1e0ac5e85e7bf8fcc99.gifIn Feng Shui the concept of

AD16D6C7-BDE7-4880-A008-784E5ED2BC8E.png.c3bce78ac579a0447b4681c4c045afea.png [MING Tang] or Bright Hall effect

is a very important consideration. Thus if the pine trees create a dim dark surrounding towards the frontage of the home. Feng Shui may suffer significantly.

5. Larger trees may create "darkness" below the tree area.... thus considered more Yin.

5.1 Too much Yin  (dim or darkness) is often also not too good. Based on the concept of "Bright Hall" effect.

2119953179_CLEARSPACENBRIGHTHALL.thumb.gif.f99071b0084611612993dfff8a15db72.gif5.2 Where the "frontage" of the home should often have some bright area and if possible unobstructed views... Other than as mentioned under Para 2. above.

D. Secret weapon of Feng Shui or simply pure common sense thing....birds and animals

6. Birds and even squirrels etc... are the secret weapon of Feng Shui. If for example, birds come to your home because of the trees. And later on... don't come ... then not as good.... Again one has to weigh against Para 4 above.

I would base on all of the above to make a calculated judgement of whether to remove some or all of the pine trees or not. 

Alternatively, these trees can be removed and perhaps landscaping with the use of other plants /shrubs or trees may be considered.

• Staff

More:

1. Sometimes nature and greenery (not necessarily trees) are conducive to birds and animals coming to one's home.... a secret weapon of Feng Shui...

2. What is the Holy Trinity of Chinese Luck system?

a. Heaven Luck or literally born with
b. Earth Luck of one's home and place of work
c.  Human or Man Luck - feel good? relationship bonding etc...

https://www.geomancy.net/forums/topic/13967-the-holy-trinity-of-chinese-luck-system/?tab=comments#comment-29505

• Staff

Many Feng Shui Masters are actually a Feng Shui Emporium in disguise.

Ask: "Must I buy from YOU?"

Educate family, friends and relatives that Feng Shui is scientific and many concepts such as mentioned above are based on pure logic and common sense.

401635926_blacksheep.jpg.de571831830a9bf65df886f88e2cd272.jpg218846813_FAKE(3).jpg.eaac3f18d02d389f1c531f5f91bf1c08.jpg

Each of us can do our part : "When the buying Stops! The selling CAN!"

We could have made millions! But since Day One has an uphill task of spreading the word!

Authentic Feng Shui is scientific and logical. No purchase of products are required.

• Cecil Lee pinned this topic
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Hi Master Lee

What should I do if I have a tree (trunk about 30cm across diameter) about 8 mtrs / 26 feet away from front door, then there is another bigger tree (about 60cm across diameter) across the road so about 15 mtrs /49 feet away from front door?

With tree trunks directly outside doors or windows, how big/wide of the trunk and how far to not impact us?

Thank you

• Staff
18 minutes ago, Betty said:

Hi Master Lee

What should I do if I have a tree (trunk about 30cm across diameter) about 8 mtrs / 26 feet away from front door, then there is another bigger tree (about 60cm across diameter) across the road so about 15 mtrs /49 feet away from front door?

With tree trunks directly outside doors or windows, how big/wide of the trunk and how far to not impact us?

Thank you

A picture paints a thousand…… 

• 2 years later...
  • Staff
On 1/13/2024 at 11:30 PM, axl963 said:

Hi, I need help. Does these trees pose threat to my home? They are slightly in front of the front door. Do I need to place a concave or convex bagua above my front door?

IMG_2402.jpeg

Marking in RED B is a growing threat.
A because of it's current size and distance is like an ant bite. But if the tree (trunk) fully matures, then it will be the MAIN threat together with tree the likes of number "A".

From the photo, C might actually not be aimed towards the opening. But please do check.

From a FS perspective, a conVEX mirror is used to deflect it. Or placement of a 6 hollow rod windchime

image.png.21d240a2d8d60a4f7611fbc6947b5845.png

An alternative to a Ba Gua mirror, the alternative is the use of ONE vehicle car rear mirror

WhatsAppImage2024-01-15at07_22.12_12a0ee38.thumb.jpg.a32dd72e5478354ba4a9fe2cde204284.jpg