About Feng Shui at Geomancy.Net
Sponsored Link

Applying 9 grids to the house layout plan

myfs_135056

Appended by Cecil: Appreciate, try not to use all CAPs. Usually this implies "SHOUTING".

WHAT IF YOUR FRONT DOOR IS ON A DIAGANOL TO THE REST OF THE HOUSE, SO AS YOU GO IN THE FRONT DOOR, WITH THE BUGUA,IT WOULD PUT THE WHOLE HOUSE ON A DIAGANOL, INSTEAD OF BEING STRAIGHT.

HOW DO YOU DO THIS PROPERLY, WOULD I SECTION OFF MY HOUSE IN EQUAL OF THE 9 PARTS OF THE BAGUA, DIAGONALLY NOT SURE IF THIS WOULD BE CORRECT. PLEASE HELP ME, TO UNDERSTAND HOW THIS SHOULD BE DONE.

Sponsored Link

• Staff

1. Traditional Feng Shui makes use of both the concept of "Flying Star Feng Shui" and the compass.

2. What you mentioned most probably was or is a modern invention: Commonly called the Fixed Template Ba Gua or Feng Shui.

3. 6 to 13 yeas back, this modern invention was invented by Lin Yun. And it was "mysteriously called the Black Hat Sect Tibetian "whatever".

4. Please note that what you had mentioned, most problem is the "modern invented" Feng Shui. As mentioned above under para 2 and 3. If you do check properly, this form of "whatever" is commonly practised by western practitioners - more of "quacks" then Feng Shui practitioners.

5. Traditional Feng Shui does not use what you had used.

6. If you want to follow the proper concepts, then, look towards, traditional Feng Shui sites. All Traditional Feng Shui sites don't practice this dubious 'whatever' - method.

7. If you are placing a proper 9 grid, it is the use of the compass and drawing a Flying star chart. And unlike the"whatever", each home may or can fall within one of the 15 sectors.

Master Cecil Lee, Geomancy.Net

• Staff

1. The fixed template Ba Gua method is a modern invention. In the earlyyears aroundearly 1990's, this method is popularly known as the"Black Hat Sect" or "Black Hat Tibetian Sect"(whatever). Today, many know it as the "fixed template"(FS)

2. Check out "The Confessions of Lin Yun" in Kate Bramble's website:-

http://www.qi-whiz.com/node/35

Quote: "BLACK SECT MASTER LIN YUN BREAKS HIS OWN HALO BY SAYING, ?YOU?RE BETTER OFF BELIEVING YOURSELF INSTEAD OF BELIEVING ME.?

• 2 weeks later...

THIS IS A MUCH BETTER PICTURE OF MY HOUSE, AND I HAVE BEEN DOING A LOT OF READING ON FS, SINCE I LAST CHATTED WITH YOU. DO I SQUARE OFF MY HOUSE WITH THE GARAGE, SO IT WOULD BECOME A RECTANGLE. AND THEN PLACE THE BAGUA, ACCORDING TO WHERE THE FRONT DOOR IS.

THAT WOULD MEAN MY FRONT DOOR WOULD PROBABLY BE IN THE HELPFUL PEOPLE, POSSIBLY.

IS THIS CORRECT, ON THE FIRST PARAGRAPH, AND IS THIS CORRECT ON THE SECOND PARAGRAPH

THANKYOU,

SHARON VALENTA

I would most definately want to follow the traditional method of feng shui. My house outside my front door faces the south. When i was in Canada this summer i went to a little mini seminar on fs. I told her my house faced south from my front door. i asked her, shouldn't i put the bagua with my front door on the south position where my front door is, and she said, no the bagua is always put on the north position with your front door, as my front door is on an angle it would probably be northwest position on the bagua.

i have not read anything on flying star, yet,. So is this the way to do it traditionally with the compass, lineing up with my front door being in the south position on the bagua. or was she correct in saying you always line the front door up with the north position.

since i have not read the flying star yet, do i just disregard the attached garage, and line up the rest of the house, disregarding the garage.

thankyou, for all your help., in advance, i appreciate it.

sharon valenta

• Staff

1. When using an oridinary compass, to take a reading, one should stand inside the house looking outwards.

2. For a landed property, often, the facing direction should often be (or usually) such as standing inside the compound of e.g. the garden looking (taking a reading) facing the same direction of the main entrance. Here, in general, many homes have it's frontage / main door at this area.

3. Try not to apply the fixed template bagua Feng Shui. This is a modern invention.