About Feng Shui at Geomancy.Net
Sponsored Link

Is it true that if you main door is facing towards your window your wealth will also flow out?

myfs_136341

Sponsored Link

• Staff

1. This is a common "feeling" with many people (inclusive of those that do not engage a Feng Shui practitioner.) As either they have heard from relatives, friends or having read Feng Shui books.

2. On the safe side, many either considered installing a partition or make sure that the windows are closed.

3. Some flats, have a balcony. And many decide not to remove the balcony sliding doors. And when the main door opens, it faces this "partition".

4. Please refer to the two attachments:

4.1 Typical Older Generation HDB 3-Room Flat

(Note: HDB = Singapore Government Housing Development Board flat)

4.2 Please to refer to this attachment. If one measures the door frame and main door of this flat, it is "Feng Shui friendly" ruler measurements.

4.3 There is a wall in the middle of unit. The purpose is that there is no direct path between the main door to the "back windows". However, not too aware of the Feng Shui considerations change the door to this "pink" wall area.

5. Typical Newer Generation HDB 5-Room Flat

Again, many of such flats have a balcony. And if you look closely at the layout plan the area marked in "purple" is where many keep the sliding door in-place. And this sliding door "acts" as a partition between the main door with the balcony. Of course, there are some who demolish this balcony and use casement window(s). And often the casement window directly facing the main door is (are) closed.

Quote:

Zhang H. wrote:
Is it true that if you main door is facing towards your window your wealth will also flow out?

Master Cecil Lee, Geomancy.Net

• Staff

Frankly, it is not rocket science.

If you can see my sample: just imagine the purple colour in my attachment shows a "fixed" panel glass. Thus there is no straight path between the main door towards the balcony.

In the same situation, if your four room is similar, without the sliding door panel (purple colour), and if you have a casement window, simply just close the window. Then there is no straight path between your main door towards (that specific window).

Many five room owners, have removed the sliding door and should face the same situation as your 4 room flat.

• 5 months later...
  • Staff

1. Yes, agree.

Htng H. wrote:
I read somewhere that if the window is far away, it doesn't matter if your main entrance is facing it?

2. Another point is that if the mirror or reflection is very close to the main door, some people may get a "fright" in seeing themselves reflected in a mirror when just opening the door..

1) My main door is about 5-10m away from the window. I wonder how far is consider far enough

2) I did consider a partition but if I put the partition in between the main door and the window, that would make everything weird as it makes the passage way very narrow. Probably 1m.

• Staff

Frankly, there is no hard and fast rule; try to get advise from family members or friends when they come over. As even if ask me now, I would be able to undertand the situation. As other factors include the lighting condition etc...

Thus seek the advice of people close-by to see if they feel "comfortable" with the present situation.

• Staff

1. Appreciate if you can do a SEARCH in this forum e.g. Partition or Partition at Main door.

2. For example:-

http://forum.geomancy.net/phpforum/article.php?bid=2&fid=1&mid=17460&new=

Under this link please go and read PARA 5.

3. There are already lots of resources on this subject. And Para 3 under the above link is another consideration.

4. Furthermore, your question is so general. And in addition there is no clue as to whether the partition serves any purpose at all i.e. is there a direct path from the main door to the "window" or balcony window etc...

• 10 years later...
  • 3 months later...
  • Cecil Lee pinned this topic
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
  • Staff

The Experts in House Hunting
696681019_geoamncysgicon.png.fb8c9b974fb87d32583cae8b9c22b372.png

What Others Say About Us

" As much as we see, Geomancy.net has great web presence built up over the years and is seen as one of the SG market leaders in residential house audit. "

Success starts with good Feng Shui

426351309_HEALTHWEALTHANDHAPPINESS50.png.0c81ed493d411e333f5788bdf56ec927.png

WHATSAPPx.gif.933b1f171b62310142ae17b5501fc685.gif Cecil Lee, +65 9785-3171 / support@geomancy.net

586578107_UNDERSTANDINGMICRO.png.f7a1cde8a397e509d4bdb502f8d1097a.png