About Feng Shui at Geomancy.Net
Sponsored Link

how to change the period of house

myfs_136603

good day,

I been reading some feng shui books and it was wonderful. I was browsing the internet and I came accross your web. It is intersting.

My house is built 1976,it was renovated 2005, the roof and thecarpeting are completely change, but the door is not.I read that you can only change the period if you change the door and the stove also.If this is true, can I just paint the door instead? is my house belong to period 8 NOw?

Thank you

Sponsored Link

• Staff

1. Honestly, there are two schools of thoughts, with regards to what is or what is not change of period.

2. The ardent die hard says that even if all things have been changed, but so long as the entire foundations of the home was still say under Period 7.

3. In which case, using your home as an example, 1976; this group (Para 2, above) says that only if the foundations of the home has been destroyed e.g. demolished - and new foundations be laid can then home (block of apartments) is said to change the qi to Period 8.

4. Thus, for the second group, the idea that if there is a "major" renovations e.g. such as removing the roof, changing floorings, windows, main doors etc... then the "more" the changes, the more likelyhood that the home may change to Period 8. For the Chinese, some even arrange for a Lion troop to perform a Yang ceremony in addition to the renovations. In the hope that it could further bring the home closer to P8. But as we are aware, if you are living purely in Washington or some areas where non-Chinese Lion dance troop are, then too bad..

5. So who is correct?

Often an existing home would have it's history. And like a detective, and also on the practical side; one may have to draw two Flying Star charts i.e. one for the Period 7 and Period 8 and analyse the home. This is considered the most sensible approach. As this takes the equation out of which is correct: P7 or P8!

Anonymous wrote:
My house is built 1976,it was renovated 2005, the roof and thecarpeting are completely change, but the door is not.I read that you can only change the period if you change the door and the stove also.If this is true, can I just paint the door instead? is my house belong to period 8 NOw?

Master Cecil Lee, Geomancy.Net

Master Cecil Lee, Geomancy.Net

Master Lee,

Thank you verymuch for the quick reply. You said draw 2 charts and analyze the history of the house, we bought the house on 2007, we move in 2007, so we donot really know the history of the house. As for the former owner, they are very successfull in life.

Other thing is that, it seems their are ghost or spirit in my house. My son and my husband sees figures sometimes. Can you advise how can I cleanse my house.

Regards,

elsa