About Feng Shui at Geomancy.Net
Sponsored Link

Survey on the use of Luo Pan as a `ghost detector'

• Staff

Hi Everyone,
In my personal experience, I found that the Luo Pan is successfully used as a `ghost detector'. This is where the Luo Pan needle goes hay wire when it detects `spirts' closeby.
I have also read instances where it is successfully used in Malaysia, Hong Kong, Taiwan, China and other Far East countries.
So far, I have not heard that it is `effectively' used to detect `spirits' other than these countries.
I would like to find out from anyone who has either personally used the Luo Pan or heard of other practioners overseas who had successfully used the Luo Pan to detect `ghosts'.
Currently, my personal opinion is that I am not sure if one can call `international' ghosts e.g. Christians etc... are scared of Chinese beliefs/customs. What I mean is that can a predominantly distinct country with other religions .. have `ghosts' that are `afraid' of the First Heaven Sequence Ba Gua or detectable by the Luo Pan.
My intention is not for you to have such encounters but rather, if there are really no `spirits/ghosts' that are `afraid' nor detectable by the Luo Pan or the use of the Ba Gua, then, most likely the Ba Gua Symbol would most likely not be an effective `cure' in some instances overseas.
Warmest Regards,
Cecil

Master Cecil Lee, Geomancy.Net

Master Cecil Lee, Geomancy.Net

Sponsored Link

Dear Cecil
Your theory of whether ghosts are "international" is quite interesting.
I suspect personally, that it has more to do with the magnetic field i.e. the compass in the luopan than the fact that the luopan is of "Chinese" origin, since it is the needle in the luopan which spins. This would indicate to me that spirits or ghosts have magnetic fields which would affect the luopan. I would imagine that a normal compass should "detect" a ghost just as readily as would a luopan. What do you think. It would be interesting to try both. It would indeed be interesting to know if ghosts were afraid of say, the bagua/pakua in western parts of the world.
Best wishes
Toni Pedro

• Staff

Dear Toni,
Thanks for sharing your insights. Indeed you have a point to say that it may have to do with magnetic field.
Let's hope someone can feedback on their findings or non-findings:)
Warmest Regards,
Cecil

On 10/26/99 3:05:55 PM, Anonymous wrote:
Dear Cecil
Your theory of whether ghosts
are "international" is quite
interesting.
I suspect personally, that it
has more to do with the
magnetic field i.e. the
compass in the luopan than the
fact that the luopan is of