About Feng Shui at Geomancy.Net
Sponsored Link

How to draw the Flying Star template

Dear Cecil, Robert and fellow Forum members,
Hello every body! My name is Tam and this is my very first time to this Forum. I sincerely hope that I would be welcomed.
I have just started to learn about the Flying Star theory but have already encountered the first big obstacle. That is: ?how to draw properly a nine-sector template" in order to super-impose it onto a house's layout plan for Flying Star calculation and interpretation purposes. Especially in circumstances where the house is of rectangular shape and it is very long in length, but is relatively short in its width dimension (e.g. 4x20 or 4x30 meteres), and worst yet where this house also bears some degrees to another direction (eg: N.NE, E.NE, E.SE....).
My house (4x16 meters in dimension) faces the first sub-sector of the NE sector and its main entrance faces the second sector of the NE sector when reading from the western compass at the center of the house. When reading from a Chinese Lo Pan, the front side of my house faces the "Choh" subsector and its main door faces the "Gen" subsector, both of these sub-sectors are actually located within the NE section of the western compass.
I feel that drawing a proper nine-sector template is the first and basic step one needs to master in order to achieve an accurate interpretation of the Flying Stars. I would very much appreciate if you could kindly pass down to me your experience in drawing the nine-sector Flying Star template for the type of long rectangular houses indicated above. Million thanks in advance.
Sincerely Yours,
Tam

Sponsored Link

Welcome Tam to this great forum
I have a template of the Luopan and once I have ascertained the centre and done the readings, I then superimpose the Template on the floor plan.
I then have 8 sectors and the centre from which I can plot the stars.
The template makes it very simple.
Best wishes
Glyn

• Staff

Dear Tam,
A warm welcome to you:)
If you need assistance in determining the centre of your house, you can attached it as a file and sent it to one of the conferences in this forum specifically for attachment of files.
1. Ideally, when taking the compass directions do remember always to take a reading outside the house.
2. Even if one has a Luopan, it is best to `invest' in a reasonably good compass with "mass" to take the readings. As the reading is the most important factor in correctly getting the direction of the house.
This is because using only the compass on the Luopan may not be that accurate. For those who are `into' Feng Shui, I suggest getting a good and reliable but affordable compass such as the sample shown at this site: http://www.geomancy.net/fs/recommendcompass.htm
For more information on the two methods I proposed:
(1.) Cecil's compass method
(2.) Surveyor's method;
Go to this url: http://www.geomancy.net/fs/cecilcompass.htm
Without fail, I will always use both method (1.) and (2.) to ensure that proper readings are taken.
Alternatively, if one is really not sure but wants a reliable reading, can try to contact a professional surveyor's firm to do the proper reading for you.
Warmest Regards,
Cecil

On 10/25/99 6:07:03 AM, Anonymous wrote:
Welcome Tam to this great
forum
I have a template of the
Luopan and once I have
ascertained the centre and
done the readings, I then
superimpose the Template on
the floor plan.
I then have 8 sectors and the
centre from which I can plot
the stars.
The template makes it very
simple.
Best wishes
Glyn

Master Cecil Lee, Geomancy.Net

Master Cecil Lee, Geomancy.Net

Dear Cecil and Glyn,
Thank you so much for your prompt response. But still I don't seem to get the full picture yet - sorry for being slow in apprehending it! To ensure that I understand your explanations fully, could you kindly clarify for me the following:
(1) A house?s plan gets divided into eight triangular sectors by super-imposing the Loupan template on it, right? (After the exact measurement of the house and its centre have been ascertained) (Please see sketch 1). Meaning that, the centre sector is an imaginary one? Say, if I have a room right in the centre of my house, this room would obviously sit on all eight sectors of the house. So the flying stars of the centre would be applicable for this room, right?
(2) What about if my bedroom sits on two triangular sectors of the Luopan template (for ex: sitting on both NW and W sectors), then for the flying star calculation purposes, which sector my bedroom is really belonged to (the West or NW sector)?
I have attempted to come up with a Lo Shu square for my house after super-imposing a Luopan template on my house?s plan as attached. Could you please review sketches to see whether I have done it correctly?
For the attached sketches, I must apologize for sending them to your private e-mail since I could hardly figure out how to post an attachment to my mail using the Post function of the Forum site and still struggling with it (and believe it not, I'm really new to Internet). Please open them on Word 7 for Windows 95/98. I hope you do not mind so much and really appreciate your help.
Very best regards,
Tam

• Staff

Dear Tam,
Apologise for the delay, as we did miss posting this message.

On 10/25/99 11:35:46 PM, Anonymous wrote:
Dear Cecil and Glyn,
Thank you so much for your
prompt response. But still I
don't seem to get the full
picture yet - sorry for being
slow in apprehending it! To
ensure that I understand your
explanations fully, could you
kindly clarify for me the
following:
(1) A house?s plan gets
divided into eight triangular
sectors by super-imposing the
Loupan template on it, right?
(After the exact measurement
of the house and its centre
have been ascertained) (Please
see sketch 1). Meaning that,
the centre sector is an
imaginary one? Say, if I have
a room right in the centre of
my house, this room would
obviously sit on all eight
sectors of the house. So the
flying stars of the centre
would be applicable for this
room, right?

Yes, that is correct if you use the 9 Square grid method. However, the more accurate way is to use the 8 Pie method. If you have done the latest Eight House Report, I have added a graphic which has divided the sector equally using a Circle. You can then superimpose that circle onto your home to accurately determine the exact source of influence.
As in actual fact, it is not a square sector that gets the influence, but the angle which falls like a fan from lesser at the center to a wider range at the outside of the house.

(2) What about if my bedroom
sits on two triangular sectors
of the Luopan template (for
ex: sitting on both NW and W
sectors), then for the flying
star calculation purposes,
which sector my bedroom is
really belonged to (the West
or NW sector)?

Similarly for the Flying Star, make use of the 9 pie (8 pie and a circular center as the 9th sector). This way you can more accurately determine which sector belongs under what influence.
After which you can take the 33% rule set to see which one sector occupies 33% or more of the sector. Then that direction should be where the flying star influence for that sector will be more active in that room.

I have attempted to come up
with a Lo Shu square for my
house after super-imposing a
Luopan template on my house?s
plan as attached. Could you
please review sketches to see
whether I have done it
correctly?

Yes, you can do so, but please attach it to the Conference for Attachement under this forum, as any files attached to our e-mail may jam our mails, as there is often a certain limited mailbox space.

For the attached sketches, I
must apologize for sending
them to your private e-mail
since I could hardly figure
out how to post an attachment
to my mail using the Post
function of the Forum site and
still struggling with it (and
believe it not, I'm really new
to Internet). Please open
them on Word 7 for Windows
95/98. I hope you do not mind
so much and really appreciate
your help.

Sorry, I do not believe, I recall receiving any attachment? May be you like to attach it again to the forum.
Warmest Regards
Robert Lee

Very best regards,
Tam