About Feng Shui at Geomancy.Net
Sponsored Link

Trapezoid Lot: House sits on a trapezoid lot which is wider in front and narrower in the back. Is there a cure for this?

myfs_138492

Hi Mr. Lee

My husband and I are interested in purchasing a house which is in a new development. We are both west group people and the sitting/facing direction of the house is SW/NE. However, the house sits on a trapezoid lot which is wider in front and narrower in the back. Is there a cure for this? There is a 6 ft fence surrounding the house, does that help? Or should we just avoid buying this house because of the shape of the lot.

Sponsored Link

• Staff

1. In theory, (or in general) this plot of land that you had described is inauspicious since the lot is wider in front and narrower in the back. Under Shapes and Forms, this is already an "inauspicious" indication.

2. For "cures" it has more to do with the concept of maximizing luck from other Feng Shui concepts: where areas where good qi can be improved on and bad qi supressed.

3. As this is considered a "major wealth" leak under Shapes and Forms Feng Shui, for the owners of this home, cannot afford additional "major wealth" leaks else, it can lead to all down-hill all the way.

4. If not sure, then, check out other lots, first. And treat this as a "last resort".

Wei L T. wrote:
Hi Mr. Lee

My husband and I are interested in purchasing a house which is in a new development. We are both west group people and the sitting/facing direction of the house is SW/NE. However, the house sits on a trapezoid lot which is wider in front and narrower in the back. Is there a cure for this? There is a 6 ft fence surrounding the house, does that help? Or should we just avoid buying this house because of the shape of the lot.

Master Cecil Lee, Geomancy.Net

• 10 years later...
  • Staff

Note: * Extracted as a learning resource * with proper Source and Credit in the photo:- 

1191600203_slopingceiling.thumb.jpg.e5a711c3d570b480df3b3bfff03633ba.jpg

These are some considerations:

1. A type of beam? Is it load bearing?

1.1. Most of the time, a trapezoid roof-line mainly occurs when a space is e.g. the attic of a home, where the inverted V shaped roof of the home is.

1.2. Thus most likely, this apartment is the highest unit.

1.3. Scientifically, this trapezoid false ceiling or slope is non-load bearing thus really no major concern.

2. Common sense or call it Common sense Feng Shui it does not matter...678331505_mustwearhelmetathome.thumb.png.01d21ba42c5351a26a63fb5591312d64.png

2.1. It depends on the height of the space and the lowest point of the trapezoid. For example: space to move without having to bend one's body to accommodate the low ceiling? Again another consideration is the height of the occupants in relation to space around this trapezoid.

2.2 The highest unit often may be prone to leaking roofs often due to wear and tear.

2.3 In some countries, where the roofs use wooden pillars, there were instances where termites caused damage to the wooden beams.

2.4 And common sense says that such a nicely renovated "attic" unit may have water damage. And even need to have costly renovations.

3. Stigma attached to a sloping roof-line.

3.1. If you are kinda concerned with this trapezoid, there will equally be others who for one reason or another feel almost the same way.

3.2 Often, can never change such person's mind-set. If so, when it may be time to put this unit on the market... one may face this same "stigma". Ultimately... a no sale or sometimes even have to let go at perhaps lower price?

4. Feng Shui is also based on science. And as I mentioned, there is really no load bearing issue. Thus in pure Feng Shui is not an issue. But go convince someone who has a "fixed" mind-set that considers it to be inauspicious.

5. Unfortunately, also in Feng Shui, there are lots of Indian chiefs. And you may equally find some Feng Shui Masters that equally "scream" = inauspicious. Nevermind that it is not science. LOL!

6. If in doubt, try don't buy. Feng Shui however, does not take inconsideration the price factor. Perhaps in your heart you may just say: "This home is the most affordable as compared to many others". Frankly, this ain't Feng Shui. This has more to do with individual financial decisions.  

• 10 months later...
Guest Kevin Leong

Dear Master Lee, 

Good morning. I have seen a new launch condo sitting on the plot of  trapezido shape at Serangoon, do you think it will be good for fengshui?

Thanks for your enlightenment.

Cheers!

• Staff
22 hours ago, Guest Kevin Leong said:

Dear Master Lee, 

Good morning. I have seen a new launch condo sitting on the plot of  trapezido shape at Serangoon, do you think it will be good for fengshui?

Thanks for your enlightenment.

Cheers!

It also depends on where the Block and Unit is in relation to the trapeziod shaped land.

For example, an excellent site / good / average and poor sites do correspondingly have good units!

As it is governed by the Bell curve...

On 4/28/2020 at 9:31 AM, Cecil Lee said:

It also depends on where the Block and Unit is in relation to the trapeziod shaped land.

For example, an excellent site / good / average and poor sites do correspondingly have good units!

As it is governed by the Bell curve...

Dear Master Lee,

Good day!

Thanks for your kind reply.

The evaluation to see if which stack or block is suitable for my family to stay, usually it base on the zodiac or birth date or timing of all members?

Thanks you for your advise.

Thanks

Regards

Kevin

• Staff
2 hours ago, Kevin Leong said:

Dear Master Lee,

Good day!

Thanks for your kind reply.

The evaluation to see if which stack or block is suitable for my family to stay, usually it base on the zodiac or birth date or timing of all members?

Thanks you for your advise.

Thanks

Regards

Kevin

In my opinion, a Can or Cannot Buy review is even more tedious than doing a single case of full Comprehensive Feng Shui Review.

As a proper review must:

1. Take into account Shapes and Forms Feng Shui: External environment and the unit's surroundings
2. The Main breadwinner's Birthdate = Ba Zi
3. All family member's Birthdates
4. Compass School Feng Shui: How suitable is the house to especially the main breadwinner
5. Compass School: Flying Star Feng Shui. Since the new period is coming between 2024 to 2043, the wealth luck sectors are to be looked into and the consequences if any explained to the potential buyer
6. Ba Zi Feng Shui which ties in with Para 4 and 5.
7. 阳宅三要 or Yang Zhai San Yao or the three major considerations.

Below are some of the examples of how a Can or Cannot Buy Review is conducted. No two proposals can be rubber-stamped. As mentioned it involves lots of concentration + time and effort.

404579523_CANCANNOTBUY3A.thumb.png.a79eb07e439cd02f01e908324f064a6b.png

526237510_CANCANNOTBUY3B.thumb.png.b2d9eeff6738535d38b74f14bbe8b8f9.png2020329840_CANCANNOTBUY1.thumb.png.96a7ff2718f1a23b5b4fae49e2d2bc8a.png1041557350_CANCANNOTBUY2.thumb.png.d4fd884925b491284369c34d34e4e023.png.

Lots more examples can be found below this FAQ
https://www.geomancy.net/forums/blogs/entry/10-off-site-can-or-cannot-buy-eyeing-a-few-units-which-unit-is-better-for-me/

• Staff

The Art & Science of Feng Shui, Today

B75E9503-BDA0-4BBB-852E-23557575723E.jpeg

Resource:

What Others Say About Us

" As much as we see, Geomancy.net has great web presence built up over the years and is seen as one of the SG market leaders in residential house audit. "

Success starts with good Feng Shui

426351309_HEALTHWEALTHANDHAPPINESS50.png.0c81ed493d411e333f5788bdf56ec927.png

WHATSAPPx.gif.933b1f171b62310142ae17b5501fc685.gif Cecil Lee, +65 9785-3171 / support@geomancy.net

586578107_UNDERSTANDINGMICRO.png.f7a1cde8a397e509d4bdb502f8d1097a.png

The Experts in House Hunting
696681019_geoamncysgicon.png.fb8c9b974fb87d32583cae8b9c22b372.png

• Cecil Lee pinned this topic
  • 2 years later...

Hi Master Lee, 

we have the intention to purchase a property that we kinda like it very much. But recently I realised that a trapezoid plot of land is consider inauspicious from fengshui perspective. The land we are looking is wide front and narrow at the back. Any way to manage this if we wanna seriously consider this?

B83FE965-B599-435F-8DC3-C7781BB77321.thumb.png.b23887c3f84f08759c7da7d9de533e26.png

• Staff
8 hours ago, Vkl said:

Hi Master Lee, 

we have the intention to purchase a property that we kinda like it very much. But recently I realised that a trapezoid plot of land is consider inauspicious from fengshui perspective. The land we are looking is wide front and narrow at the back. Any way to manage this if we wanna seriously consider this?

B83FE965-B599-435F-8DC3-C7781BB77321.thumb.png.b23887c3f84f08759c7da7d9de533e26.png

The Art & Science of Determining the Feng Shui of a House

In my opinion, not perfect but fortunately this plot outline is not considered as a FATAL error. Given that it is mostly rectangular in shape and also the construction of the house which is rectangular in shape does help in the external Shapes and Forms.

image.thumb.png.44840de9e1caf4b1bad01e11a5f4ae23.png

From a qualitative aspect of how suitable a house is to the home owner(s), Three factors are taken into consideration:-
image.png.ae02b0c9f1baa7c70b107858d154c05e.pnga. How suitable is the unit? (30 marks) = Once the score for this is Zero or 10 marks, it is nearly impossible to obtain an A, B or C grade!
b. How is the luck of the Interior Feng Shui of this unit? (35 marks)
c. External Feng Shui luck? + Overall score/luck. (35 marks). 
Total = 100 marks

Feng Shui takes into consideration the above factors. And these three combined (explained by) to make sense as HABIT THREE (3):-

What is Habit 3? Find out, here:-

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Master Lee,

Seeking your expertise before purchasing our new home...we are interested in duplexes however how would you evaluate the lot and house layout on this type?

I.e. if left side duplex is rectangle land but right side split is trapezoidal (i.e. front wider than back width), are both duplex sides i.e. the entire land and 2 X properties inauspicious or just the right side becomes affected whilst left side is ok?

Same goes with the house plan, do you look at the left and right properties separately or treat as holistic e.g. if one of the duplex side missing a corner both properties become affected.

Duplex land site

Look forward to hearing from you.

Kind regards,

Edward

• Staff
2 hours ago, EdBurger said:

Hi Master Lee,

Seeking your expertise before purchasing our new home...we are interested in duplexes however how would you evaluate the lot and house layout on this type?

I.e. if left side duplex is rectangle land but right side split is trapezoidal (i.e. front wider than back width), are both duplex sides i.e. the entire land and 2 X properties inauspicious or just the right side becomes affected whilst left side is ok?

Same goes with the house plan, do you look at the left and right properties separately or treat as holistic e.g. if one of the duplex side missing a corner both properties become affected.

Duplex land site

Look forward to hearing from you.

Kind regards,

Edward

image.png.539ee136395ac053ce9f91396543e7fd.png

Source and Credit of the above article: How Long Do Recruiters Spend Reading Your CV? (theundercoverrecruiter.com)

Similar modus operandi, here. 

WHAT IS CO-OPERATION?

Honestly, I also take almost the same average time to read a forum posting!

Frankly, only the writer of the above knows what they are talking about or need to take time to figure out?

image.gif.c37a3d13019ee4e3c23548ccc1bc5f4b.gif "A picture or photo paints a thousand words.  All words ZERO ".
Else, NEXT!