About Feng Shui at Geomancy.Net
Sponsored Link

Need advice on meaning of clashes

myfs_138564

Hi,

I've used your free auspicious dates report to find a suitable date for moving house. I've attached the report. I'm thinking of 3 Apr 09 which is auspicious for both my husband (1st person) & me (2nd person). However, under the column for clashes, the report shows "yin-shen" & "shen-yin" for my husband. I'm not sure what this means & how does it affect the "auspiciousness" of this day. Appreciate your advice, thanks in advance.

Sponsored Link

• Staff

Dear Anon,

Anonymous wrote:
I've used your free auspicious dates report
to find a suitable date for moving house. I've attached the report. I'm
thinking of 3 Apr 09 which is auspicious for both my husband (1st
person) & me (2nd person). However, under the column for clashes,
the report shows "yin-shen" & "shen-yin" for my husband. I'm not
sure what this means & how does it affect the "auspiciousness" of
this day. Appreciate your advice, thanks in advance.

The column for clashes will usually show most of the minor clashes or harms that is found between the day and your chart. Usually any major clashes will appear in the main date column.

Generally, what is important is for the clash column are:-

1st line represents clash (in red text),
2nd line represents harm (in red text),
3rd line represents punishment (in black text)
4th line represents self punishment (in black text)

So 3rd Apr, contains a minor clash (yin-shen) and a minor punishment (shen-yin) for the 1st person.

As your ba zi pillars is checked against the day, it is very common to have some pillars that will contains clashes/harms etc. So we normally use this column to check against another auspicious date. Between the two which has the least clash or harm to determine which is the best.

For example, if there are two dates that are considered auspicious and very auspicious range, the date that has as little clash/harm is deemed the better of the two.

Dates that are classified as Auspicious/Very Auspicious will often be better than Average/Inauspicious/Very Inauspicious. So choose the dates by the Auspicious/Very Auspicious, then followed by the dates with as little clash/harm within the clash column.

In any case, these are minor clashes / harms which won't impact the dates too much if the date is already considered suitable for you. As the report does a very detailed analysis, it is very hard to find a date that has absolutely no clashes at all.

The more important one to avoid is for example 27 Mar 2009 (Fri) there is a Heavenly Stem (HS) Bad Element with 2nd person, and Earthly Branch Clash and a punishment with the Ox Year.

So basically, that is how you should use it.

Warmest Regards
Robert Lee
GEOMANCY.NET - Center for Applied Feng Shui Research

• 8 years later...

i would like to know a bit more about these Clashes / Harm / Punishment / Self Punishment in the auspicious date analysis. What do the different names mean? Does each have a specific impact (for example, hai makes me more angry etc)? And is there a way to deal with them? Because many times, it is not possible to change dates for some important things like meetings even if it is on a very inauspicious day. So how do we deal with this?  Your guidance is very much appreciated!