direction. However when cooking I will be standing and facing Northwest
which is my Wu Kuei.

Which is more important:

1. the facing direction of the stove, or

2. my facing direction while cooking?

3. In Pic 2, the stove is placed at a corner, both my facing and the
    stove facing direction is auspicious to me. Will this position be
    better?

Thank you very much and hope to hear from you soon.
Anon

Sponsored Link

• Staff

1. Under Compass School of Feng Shui:-

1.1. In many of my previous illustrations, the wall where the stove is; is the sitting direction and the opposite side is the facing direction.

1.2. NW - Fire at Heavens gate

Avoid stove at this compass direction - IF POSSIBLE!

2. In general, Compass School Feng Shui is more concerned with the above. The above are ideal senarios where most likely if one wants to build an entire brand new home. For those who have an existing home, then the above are NICE-to have and cannot be a MUST-have.

3. Shapes and Forms Feng Shui

3.1. Traditionally, the stove is always "lower" than the sink. Thus, in traditional Feng Shui the depth of the kitchen cabinet is 2 ft while the height up to the stove is 34 inches. And the sink is between 34.1 to not more than 35 inches.

3.2. However, as there are now more than 2,000 condominiums and many landed propertys included use 34 inches height of the kitchen cabinet - throughout the kitchen, para 3.1 is no longer an issue!

3.3. Commonsense approach to the placement of the stove vs sink:-

3.3.1 Attached toilet to the kitchen

Many Singapore apartments have a toilet attached to the kitchen. Often, under commonsense, we don't like to have the door of the attached toilet facing areas like the stove.

This is because, when we flush the toilet bowl, (worse if we place the toilet bowl flap closed, when we flush, high speed sprays gush out and splurts all over the toilet. And if we don't close the kitchen door, we don't want germs to fly towards the "cooking area".

Thus, often, we don't like placing a fridge facing the toilet door also for such a reasons.

3.3.2 Under your Pic 1, under Shapes and Forms Feng Shui, this is by far the best arrangement (not withstanding the Compass Feng Shui).

Here, under Pic 1, there is good egronomics where after cooking, one can just bring the hot e.g. wok and turn towards the sink.

This is far better than having the stove facing the sink. Where the stove sits on a wall and the sink directly behind you (facing the sink). Here, if we have children, we must like at the pedestrian cross, turn your head to the left-then right and check to see no one is behind you. And bring the hot items to the sink!

3.3.3 Your Pic 2

4. Your Pic 2 also depends on COMMONSENSE!

4.1 This is because, of the such things a wind vortex. If next to the word Pic 2, there is a row of windows, and if do open the window, then, most likely sometimes the wind may form a vortex and even "push" the flame towards one's body!

4.2 That is why, it is so much safer to have a single wall and the stove there as shown in our pic 1! As often under Para 2, there sure may be one side as a wall and the other side as the window area.

4.3 It is more of this wind vortext issue that Pic 2 is not chosen. But of-course, if both sides are solid wall, then you may consider placing the stove at such a position = Pic 2. But another commonsense is that there is more area to clean the back of the stove and can be hard to reach unless one full flush this triange area!

4.4 There are many more taboos e.g. avoid placing a reflective glass behind the stove. As under symboism in Feng Shui, it may mean that the husband may be involved in extra marital affairs!

Master Cecil Lee, Geomancy.Net

Master Cecil Lee, Geomancy.Net

Dear Master Lee,
I live in Germany. The kitchen style is quite different from style in Asia. The stove is electrical (not fire) using heat-conduction (quite flat) and mounted in the long wooden board. The sink is also mounted in the same board. So the stove and sink are on the same height. Since I live in rent flat, I can not change the height. Is there way to remedy the problem?

Thank you in advance.

Warm regards,
ZQ