About Feng Shui at Geomancy.Net
Sponsored Link

About #2 and #5 cure

Dear Robert and Cecil,
First, I want to thank you for I've learned a lot from your site. It's very enlighten. Thank you.

I've tried to make my own analysis and just want to ask for your opinion about curing #2 and #5.
1. SE has M2, W5, B7, annual 8. Since there are two bad and strong earth #2 and #5 Vs SE wood and weak #7 metal, it still needs metal cure. So I plan to use salt water cure. Is it OK? Or is it better to use 6 coin in red ribbon? Or maybe should I use both of them?
2. N has M5, W2, B4, annual 5. Since there are three bad and strong earth #5, #2, and #5 vs N water and weak #4 wood, it still needs metal cure. So I plan to use 6 rods wind chime and 6 coin in red ribbon. Is it OK? Do I still need salt water cure?

I'll appreciate any reply.

Kind regards,
Ben

• 2 weeks later...
Sponsored Link

• Staff

1. Please note that whenever salt water cure is used, best that it is placed in a well ventilated place! As the salt water will react with the "metal" on the coins and it is said that this produces negative ions.

2. This is a traditional cure before things like hepa cleaners or hepa cleaners wth ionisers.

3. Modern method is to use things like the Japanese brand Sharp ioniser cum hepa cleaner. Thus can usually do the job.

4. To neutralise #5, (with or without other elements such as #2); anything to do with moving metal is better than a "static" string of 6 coins. Moving metal range from what I had mentioned under Para 2 to a fan e.g. ceiling fan or standing fan or even a clock to even a 6 hollow rod wind chime. However, it would be impractical to hang a 6 hollow rod wind chime in a bedroom. And a string of 6 coins may not be able to do the job.

5. Thus most of the cures may not need salt water cure. Salt water cure has more to do with "health". As negative ions were suppose to be produced to bind + positive ions.

6. The most effective cure with negative ions is a water fall. Where water suppose to friction with the air to create negative ions. This is why whenever we get close to a water fall, we can feel or smell a nice cool fresh air. But it is ridicious or impossible to create such a water fall especially in an apartment.

7. Salt water cure is thus "outdated" and should only be used by the very poor - i.e. no money to purchase a hepa cum ioniser. Industrial grade hepa cleaners include brands like Honeywell.....

Master Cecil Lee, Geomancy.Net

Very logical explanation. Thank you.
If there are a combination of #2 and #5, can we use just wind chime to cure the both star?
The 6 coin I propose is to cure #2 while the wind chime is to cure the #5. Can the 6 coin do the job? Or maybe we can use wu lou? I've read somewhere says that the wu lou is the best cure for #2, especially wu lou with 6 coin. Is it true?
Thank you.

• Staff

Yes, generally, what you had mentioned sums up the majority use of such "cures". Especially the hulu is commonly used for #2.... (as it is considered as "weak earth"). While #5 is considered as strong earth thus the most effective is moving metal. While 6 coins represents static "big metal".

Ben H. wrote:
Very logical explanation. Thank you.
If there are a combination of #2 and #5, can we use just wind chime to cure the both star?
The 6 coin I propose is to cure #2 while the wind chime is to cure the #5. Can the 6 coin do the job? Or maybe we can use wu lou? I've read somewhere says that the wu lou is the best cure for #2, especially wu lou with 6 coin. Is it true?
Thank you.

Is any specific wu lou to be used to cure the #2--like it must be from brass, have 6 coin, have 8 immortal etc? Or just any wu lou can do the job?
And the last question, have you heard about 5 element pagoda? I've heard that the 5 element pagoda is the best cure for #5 star--better than 6 rod metal wind chime-- because it can "capture" the star in the pagoda? Are any logical explanation?
Thank you.

• Staff

1. The most common hulu's (bottle gourd) are either dried green hulu that are dried or turned a shade of pale pine wood colour. Alternatively the other more common one is made of brass. These hulu are more symbolic thus no need to be specially blessed or "eyes-opened". They need not necessarily need to have a cap or cover. Some believe that black hulus are meant more for "wealth" than health.

2. The pagoda has more to do with those as shown in the shows " Journey to the West". Some have a red "cherry" like droplet above the hulu (glass form). While the most common one is as you had mentioned square bottom, circle, and a sharp triangle at the top - made of brass or brass / copper coated. This pagoda - where it is a replacement of a wind chime or where locations cannot use a wind chime. Usually moving metal such a wind chime is often the better option. As such moving metal constantly "destroys" or neutralise bad earth such as #5.

Ben H. wrote:
Is any specific wu lou to be used to cure the #2--like it must be from brass, have 6 coin, have 8 immortal etc? Or just any wu lou can do the job?
And the last question, have you heard about 5 element pagoda? I've heard that the 5 element pagoda is the best cure for #5 star--better than 6 rod metal wind chime-- because it can "capture" the star in the pagoda? Are any logical explanation?
Thank you.

• Staff

1. Please note that we live in a practical world!

2. Although moving metal such as a wind chime is "GREAT" for #5! But one has to be looney or crazy to place such an item in a bedroom!

3. Thus the clue here is that although moving metal is an excellent choice! You can't simply use it for many locations! Furthermore, the most effective use of a wind chime are locations where there is wind. Although symbolically it does not move MAY be acceptable!

4. For heaven's sake, you are "practising" Feng Shui in a real world real environment! Thus, if some locations may not accept other cures, 6 coins represent = big metal. And can if necessary be used as an alternative or even used for even #3's!

5. So, it is not simply to say... "then what are the 6 coin in row used for since".. Furthermore, please be "warned" that certain combinations of #5 with #2 requires that SECTOR to be "quiet" cannot using moving metal. Thus 6 coins may be used here.

6. There are always certain items that may be used in a certain way. And just because you find it "not useful" does not mean that you are "correct". Please don't jump into premature evaluation. It is unhealthy.

• Staff

Further to what I had mentioned, even if you become the "King" of Feng Shui and try to outlaw 6 coins, what happens?

1. There will always be people selling a set of six coins tied with red string.

2. Many Feng Shui practitioners may recommend the placement of six coins, and some even asks their client(s) to place a row of six coins above the main door. As these practitioners perceive that Feng Shui has time dimensions and there is bound to be #5 or #2 or even #3 "flying" to a certain sector be it in that month, day, hour or minute.

3. In the past, when China closed it's doors to exports, what happened? Many trades person migrate overseas e.g. towards Thailand, Malaysia to set up kilns to make the famous Chinese pottery overseas! So, even if you are King or Queen and make decrees to ban "6 coins" no use! It will not work, since you may not be aware of what others may see of it.

4. Furthermore, a little knowledge is considered a dangerous thing!

• 14 years later...