About Feng Shui at Geomancy.Net
Sponsored Link

Inauspicious Bed placement in Auspicious Room

I'm a west I know that overall, this home is an East group home but I'm trying to make the best of it unilt I can move.

It just dawned on me that the only direction my head can face in the master bedroom is south (my worst direction). I can move to another bedroom which would be in the Northeast corner of the townhouse (my excellent direction) . However in order to have the back of my bed against a wall and see the door and not be under a window, my head would have to face north (an inauspicious direction)unless I angled the bed away from the wall so my head also faced northeast but there would be a space between the back of the bed and the wall.

Is it enough to have the bedroom in an auspicious direction of the home or does (in this case) the bed (and the direction my head points)also have to face an auspicious direction? If so, would it be best to pull my bedout and angle it so that my head faced northeast also?

Sponsored Link

I meant that I am a west group person. I wanted to know that if I need to pull the bed out away from the wall and angle it so that my head faces in a better position is what I should do. Or, is it good enough to have the bedroom itself be in a good location of the home? Thanks in advance.

• Staff

1. With two major variables: bed is quite large and a bedroom has windows, bedroom door and often an attached toilet. This implies that it is very difficult to angle any bed to our best suitable direction.

2. Thus the rule of thumb is:-

2.1. Best it that the bed layout should "flow" with the bedroom based on Shapes and forms Feng Shui.

2.2. It is good to have the bed (located within a person's good sector). For example, the bed is within west which is a good sector for a west group person. Sometimes it can never happen as the bedroom is not in our good sector. If so refer to Para 2.1 then see if 2.3 may apply or not.

2.3. So long especially as Para 2.1 is satisfied, then it is considered as NICE-to-have our bed-head facing a good direction.

Master Cecil Lee, Geomancy.Net

• 1 month later...

Hi Master Cecil Lee,

I am probably confused, but I understand that a good sector in a East house would be N,S,E and SE sector, is it correct?

A West personshould sleep in a good sector of the house and facing good direction of the person, is it correct?

Thanks

• Staff

1. Please note the the Eight House concept is more useful when we are trying to select which home to purchase.

2. Once, we are "stuck" with a specific home and trying to apply the Eight House concept; then; all these become "NICE-to-have" and not a "MUST-have".

3. For example, once we have either stayed in a specific home or are going to occupy the home; one cannot change where the bedrooms are. If the bedrooms are all in the North, South, SE or East sectors; then in the first instance; how to "MUST-have"sleep in a good sector.

4. If it is nearly impossible to do so; then again it would be "NICE-to-have" sleep with the head facing a good direction.

5. Thus; overall, in an existing home; all these concepts are "NICE-to-have" and sometimes even if we want to have;but it is not possible in such instances.