About Feng Shui at Geomancy.Net
Sponsored Link

red or green for strong water?

myfs_77438

Hi Cecil/ Robert:

I'm a strong water (70%). I have 8% wood, 4% earth and 0% fire in me. I'm considering buying a new computer for my work. I'm confusedabout which computer I should choose, a green one or a red one? greenis my most favorable color and red is my wealth color. I'm thinking about red since it's my wealth color. However, I'm also thinking if I'm destroying the computer that I use for work (if I buya red one), then it doesn't sound very good either. Would you help me pick a computer please, red or green?

Thanks for your help as always,

hoa

Sponsored Link

• Staff

1. Yes, you are applying the Five Elements concept.

2. For a strong water person, it would be considered "more harmonious" to apply wood i.e. green colour (long term). While as you had mentioned correctly, red although is good for you, is your wealth colour but long term it can be "stressful".

3. We can draw a parallel to cars and their engine capacity (and if petrol consumption is not an issue, here):

3.1 For example, you havea choice of two cars:

3.1.1 Either you buy a new Audi A4 1.8 cc (turo-charged car) or
3.1.2 Or a BMW 3 series 335 ( 3,500 cc).

The Audi A4 1.8cc with turo-charging is akin to your "wealth" colour.. it has less cc but the engine uses turo-charging to compress air and make the smaller engine seems more powerful at certain revvs.. This is akin to you using RED your wealth colour.

While the BMW 3 series 335 DOES NOT need any turo-charging. It's engine is so powerful that you don't need to "stress" it. Thus, you are always sure that if ever you need more power, it has reserves. This is akin to you using Green coour.

Strangely, some people stive on stress, but just look at them vs their biological age.. so haggard and lots of white hair!

There is no right or wrong answers, here. Just what kind of life style does some people want or don't want to have.

Hoa L. wrote:
I'm a strong water (70%). I have 8% wood, 4% earth and 0% fire in me. I'm considering buying a new computer for my work. I'm confusedabout which computer I should choose, a green one or a red one? greenis my most favorable color and red is my wealth color. I'm thinking about red since it's my wealth color. However, I'm also thinking if I'm destroying the computer that I use for work (if I buya red one), then it doesn't sound very good either. Would you help me pick a computer please, red or green?

Master Cecil Lee, Geomancy.Net

Dear Master Cecil Lee,

Please allow me to take part in this thread, since I am also strong water person.
Indeed your example is very good example! One (at least I) can not forget the example easily. Conclusion: With or without turbo charger the german cars (Audi, BMW, Mercedes, Porsche, VW) are overall good cars and have also fans in Singapore! (note: I live in Germany ;-))

Seriously, I want to know about the meaning of "green" . Can I interprete "green" as energy saving computer (= environment friendly)? or it must be the color of PC-case or the color of laptop?

I never seen PC/laptop/flat screen in green color here :-( They are usually black, silver, white or grey. Is it also ok to apply green color for other things like desk cover or other accesories (like mouse, keyboard, etc.)?

Thank you in advance.

Best regards,
ZQ

• Staff

1. You can find out the significance of what GREEN or rather what "wood" element is from this url:-

http://talk.geomancy.net

2. Wood is represented by :-

2.1. Colours:

Colours range from Brown to wood or wood tone colours AND
GREEN colour.

2.2. Usually, under Flying Star Feng Shui for practical reasons, if a sector has bad #3 (bad wood) then it is often best to avoid the COLOUR GREEN. As we all know how to avoid brown or wood or wood tone... literally many natural furnitures - non laminated especially cabinets and even parquet floors or laminated floors are wood or woody or wood tone colour.

2.3. Under the Five Elements Concept:-

2.3.1 Wood element is also considered as TALL and Thin. Thus if a building e.g. a skyscraper is tall and thin then it is considered as a wood element.

2.3.2 Thus Petronas Towers, Kuala Lampur, Malaysia 1998 452m - 1483 ft is considered as two "trees".

3. The talk notes also shows types of careers associated with Wood element.

Zhongqin Y. wrote:
Seriously, I want to know about the meaning of "green" . Can I interprete "green" as energy saving computer (= environment friendly)? or it must be the color of PC-case or the color of laptop?

I never seen PC/laptop/flat screen in green color here :-( They are usually black, silver, white or grey. Is it also ok to apply green color for other things like desk cover or other accesories (like mouse, keyboard, etc.)?

3.1. No, being GREEN or eco friendly is NOT equal to the Five Elements Concept of the "wood element" Which I had elaborated is symbolised by tall thin trees or green colour or wood or wood tone colours.

3.2. Thus if your PC / laptop flat screen plastic cover is actually GREEN colour, then it can be associated with the "wood" element. Plants also are associated with wood element.

3.3. PC accessories that are in green can be considered as belonging to the wood element. But these are "peanuts" or trivial as they are too small...

Zhongqin Y. wrote:
Dear Master Cecil Lee,

Please allow me to take part in this thread, since I am also strong water person.
Indeed your example is very good example! One (at least I) can not forget the example easily. Conclusion: With or without turbo charger the german cars (Audi, BMW, Mercedes, Porsche, VW) are overall good cars and have also fans in Singapore! (note: I live in Germany ;-))

4. Side track:

Yeah, I only drive conti cars and my favourite cars are the BMW's. And my favourite forum is http://www.bmw-sg.com/forums