About Feng Shui at Geomancy.Net
Sponsored Link

Need help for a logo in new solo business

Dear Robert and Cecil.
I want to make a new business. The business main core would be in graphic design and advertising. And for your info, this business is a one man show business for now. I don't know what it would be in the future. The problem now is, I can't figure out what element (color and shape) that fits me and my business. Because what I really hope for this business is not grow in size,but grow in profit.
I've checked that I'm a weak yang earth person (according to your free report).
Would mind give some clues what element should it be in my logo?

For sincere guidance Robert and Cecil. Deep down in my heart, I really appreciate it.
Thanks.

Sponsored Link

• Staff

1. Step 1: Find out what is your Personal Element:-

http://www.geomancy.net/reports/reports-list/perlist-personal-element.htm

2. Step 2: Use this link to find out the colour associations and even the preferred shape for a company logo. Since this is a sole proprietorship; it is simple to find out your best colours and shapes to use for a company logo:-

http://www.geomancy.net/talknotes/talknotes.htm

For example: if earth element supports your Personal Element, then colour associated with earth is yellow and a logo could include a squarish or rectangular shape.

If metal element is suited to your Personal Element; then you may consider a logo that is circular in design and colours like gold, silver or other metallic colours and white are preferred.

All these elements may be combined if they so happen to suit you.

Master Cecil Lee, Geomancy.Net

• Staff

1. For sole proprietorship:-

The two steps that I had mentioned. While type of business is "Nice-to-have" sometimes; it is not possible to have all three. Thus priority is to make sure that the earlier two steps had been taken care off.

2. For Private Limited and especially larger Ltd companies:-

Particularly Ltd companies are not tied to a single person or entity. Thus it would be best or closer to "must have" to harmonize the business logo to the type of business.

3. However, I personally feel that even within Ltd companies: there are such a wide range of logo shapes and colours. Take for example the Banking sector:-

3.1 Just take a sample of just their company colours alone not withstanding the different shapes and designs of their logos:-

Citi Bank = Blue and some Red
Coutts = Silver
DBS bank = Red
Hong Leong Finance = Red and Gold
HSBC = Black with Red
May Bank = Yellow
OCBC Bank = Red
Stan Chart =Blue and Green
The Royal Bank of Scotland RBS = Navy Blue
POSBank = Blue and Yellow (subsidiary of DBS Bank - totally different colour from DBS which is Red)
United Overseas Bank (UOB)= Red logo with blue wordings

3.2 In theory, Banking & Finance is associated with the Metal element (white, gold, silver colours) and circle shape. Based on the five elements concept; generally Metal (White, gold or silver) goes well with water element (Blue, black or grey).

3.3 Fire element (Red) can be used to melt metal but usually used sparingly e.g. Citi bank's blue with a little of red. Here, many banks widely use or some even simply have one main colour: Red.

3.4 Technically water should not be combined with water element. Some banks utilise the combinations well, while others are at odds with the colours. While yellow (earth) is often not best used as it can inflame or cause too much "Metal" (if we look at it from having too much metal - stress)

• 3 months later...