About Feng Shui at Geomancy.Net
Sponsored Link

Using the traditional writing, my first name consist of 15 strokes, and my last name consist of 10 strokes.

Using simply writing, my first name consist of 10 strokes, and my last name consist of 7 strokes.

According to Personal Ba Zi / Feng Shui Element Report, I am a "weak wood + water rat" per my lunar birthdate. And "strong metal + water rat" per my western birthdate.

Please analysis my name (I reallyd don't know whether we have to use the traditional or simply writing). Also, I don't know whether for the personal report, we need to use either lunar or western birthdate.

If the analysis is not as good, what would you do to improve it?

Thank you

Sponsored Link

• Staff

1. Please note that authentic name analysis in the past is traditional Chinese characters NOT simplified characters.

2. Thus it is totally wrong to count strokes based on simplied Chinese characters.

3. Please try to "slow down" and check what before you input anything. For example, for this website, we have clearly stated that you should use western dates of birth to input into the system.

T H. wrote:
If the analysis is not as good, what would you do to improve it?

Please note that this is a FREE GENERAL advise forum and not a we DO IT for you forum. What you are asking is SPECIFIC advise : not free.

Master Cecil Lee, Geomancy.Net

• Staff

1. This is general knowlege for those who may not know what is "Traditional" and or "Simplied Chinese characters:-

2. The subject bring back much memories and I had mentioned this before:-

2.1. Many donkey years back in Singapore, I remembered when I was in Primary 1 to Primary 3. We were taught to write and speak "Traditional" Chinese characters.

2.2. When I was in Primary 3, suddenly, we were told to "switch" to simplied Chinese. Simplied Chinese uses both : Hanyu Pinyin (??????? / ?h?Z???) and simplied Chinese characters with shortform strokes.

2.3 Hanyin Pinyin is actually Romanized mandarin words.

3. And during that time, we had to learn basic Malay language.

4. In our home, we spoke both Hokkien, English and Mandarin. And on TV sets, Chinese shows are in Cantonese dialect.

6. Thus many of us are "bombarded" with languages:-

- English (written and spoken)
- Latin (we were introduced to latin - Catholic Schools)
- Mandarin ( Traditional and simplified/romanized: written and spoken)
- Family are Hokkiens so have to learn to speak Hokkien
- Chinese TV shows are predominantly: Cantonese.
- Had to understand popular dialects : Teochew language etc..
- Malay : as Singapore was part of Malaysia at that time - basic malay & TV shows are also in malay.

7. Just imagine, the amount of languages each of us have to absorb... then! (1960's onwards...)

• 3 weeks later...

You're so luckyto be from an area thatforce you to learn so many languages. The more languages one knows the better right? I speaks hokkien and English at home. Watch English and mandarin channels in TV, movies, dramas, and etc. Learned to write simplified Chinese with pinying in 1st grade,and then English in 2nd grade onward. Traditional Chinese somewhere in elementary school. Learned a little Spanish in middle and high school...not fluentin spanish at all.So far, I only know 2.5 languages...I want to learn more.I want to learn / be fluent in cantonese, japanese, french, spanish, korean, german, and italian. So much to learn, so little time

• 1 year later...
  • Staff

It is good that Taiwan wants to continue the tradition of making the Traditional Chinese characters alive!
Traditional Chinese characters are still used today especially for Chinese Name selection for new borns or those wanting to change their name(s).
Nowadays, China and even Singapore uses the simplified mandarin characters.

On 10/24/2009 9:03:14 AM, Anonymous wrote:
You're so luckyto be
from an area thatforce
you to learn so many
languages. The more languages
one knows the better right? I
speaks hokkien and English at
home. Watch English and
mandarin channels in TV,
movies, dramas, and etc.
Learned to write simplified
Chinese with pinying in 1st