About Feng Shui at Geomancy.Net
Sponsored Link

Is new Dawson HDB flats bad fengshui?

myfs_47548

Hi Master Cecil Lee,

HDB has just launched 2 BTO at Dawson road and I was checking the typical floor plans for the 2 sites. I realize that the main toilet is either in the centre or very near to the centre of the house.

I remember I read somewhere that toilet in the centre of the house is bad fengshui. Do you have any advice for any would-be buyers for this flat? I have the intention to apply but seeing the floor plan gives me a 2nd thought about it.

Here are the URLs:

http://www101.hdb.gov.sg/hdbvsf/eampu12p.nsf/0/09DECBTOQT1_page/$file/09DECBTOQT1_map.htm?open&ft=bto

http://www101.hdb.gov.sg/hdbvsf/eampu12p.nsf/0/09DECBTOQT2_page/$file/09DECBTOQT2_map.htm?open&ft=bto

Kenny

Sponsored Link

• Staff

Frankly, this type of layout plan has been around for quite sometime:-

1. Usually in order for extremely poor earth luck (Feng Shui); a home or apartment always have more than 3 major leaks.

2. For example, in most instances; if a home (or apartment) has no other major "leaks"; such a toilet at the centrepoint is sustainable. Only when there are lots of leaks, then, the situation pile up.

3. This type of layout plan is pretty common with newer HDB flats at Bukit Merah etc...

Master Cecil Lee, Geomancy.Net

Hi Master Cecil,

Frankly speaking, I'm just thinking to apply or not. My current flat was FS by you and everything has been fine for us. In fact, I must say there were a lot of positive development in my wife and my career. Right now, we have a little one running in the house and we realized our current 3 room is no longer big enough to accommodate all of us.

I'm just simply afraid of getting these new flats with bad design. May I know what is your advice on this?

Regards,
Kenny

• Staff

Dear Kenny,

1. Frankly, based on the siteplan of the Dawson site, the best units are by ranking (standing inside the unit facing outwards):-

Ranking

1= SW facing : Between now to 2021 ... up to 2023 for wealth, one of the best facing directions. As this facing direction can tap the indirect water wealth - clear space for better wealth luck.

BUT do take note that in many instances, the living room and study or additonal bedrooms can be facing the west afternoon sun.

2 = NE facing: Next best choice after SW facing

Usually affected by morning sun - not as bad as afternoon sun.

Overall, good to apply Feng Shui if not, health issues can appear for these two SW or NE facing apartments.

Both SW or NE will not be affected by the toilet at the centrepoint.

Not that fantastic:

Ranked last (last resort)for this development = SE or NW facing

Overall, only the facing directions of these flats are good. Other than that the flying stars in each sector of the other areas of the home - are not so fantastic.

4. Thus, overall these are my general observations for the Built to Order (Dawson area).

5. Please note that the above comments does not take into consideration such things as premium matured estate (which costs more to buy) nor take into consideration things like unit or block numbers with 13 or 4 or 44 or 444 which some deemed not "auspicious" numbers.

Hi Master Cecil,

Based on your observation, that means for Sky Terrace, blk 89 unit 02 & 04, blk 90 unit 10 & 12, blk 91 unit 18 & 20, blk 92 untit 30 & 32 will be a better choice since the main windows or living room are facing Margaret Drive, which is North facing?

Another question, how do we actually select the so-called right unit for everybody in the household? For example, in my current house, you had mentioned one of the rooms were not suitable for sleeping and thus, we use it as a wardrobe. How can we avoid that when we select a HDB flat? Especially a BTO?

Regards,
Kenny

• Staff

1. More importantly, although each block is facing north; each stack in this unique V shaped (or diamond) shaped building is slanted towards either NW, NE, SE or SW.

In general, other than the view from individual stacks/ units; and afternoon sun:-

These flats can still be ranked:-

Number 1 = SW (usually, gets the most "direct" afternoon sun in the living and some bedrooms)
Number 2 = NE (usually morning sun)
Last resort = NW or SE

2. Since it is a new development, if given a choice between different levels or storeys; one can use this report to decide which stack is better:-

http://www.geomancy.net/reports/reports-list/hselist-houseno.htm

2.1 Please note that the above report looks briefly on ly at the Vertical Flying star, and it does not take into consideration the Horizontal = 20 Year Flying Star Feng Shui.

2.2 Actually, the best qi are often the lower floors. For example, such flats do not have ground floor. Most millionaires and billionaires live on the ground (ground floor and the most = with rooms at 2nd or 3rd storey). But, in apartments, as we all know, most people prefer higher floors : the view, more costly = better FS? some think that way and equally important is the resale value.

3. As no two apartments are the same; firstly when changing homes:-

3.1 It is good to consider some of the pointers under this url: http://www.geomancy.sg Nowadays, in the last 4 years, many have began to seek Can or cannot buy advise, first.

3.2 Usually, as you had mentioned in your first message; it would be detrimental to get a new apartment and only later find it to have poor Feng Shui or hard to correct sort of Feng Shui.

4. Usually, any characteristics of a home can be studied via Feng Shui to bring out the optimium e.g. choosing a Period 8 2004 onwards apartment with SW or NE facing... would be less of an uphill task then to try and squeeze out luck from say a NW or SE "facing" apartment.

5. Another consideration: In my opinion, there is no such thing as a perfect home unless one try to build it. Many homes or apartments would have some flaws e.g. toilet at the centrepoint. What makes the difference is say a SW vs a NW (in 2003 = hard luck house) for example.

Hi Master Cecil,

I think my question should be since the BTO flat is not built yet, how can one seek your advice to determine which block, which unit and which design is the most suitable for the entire family?

Or perhaps, do you have such professional service for us to engage?

Kenny

• Staff

1. Further to what I had mentioned; between blocks facing North vs South; in GENERAL; South facing blocks WITH SW facing stacks (units) are suppose to have far more superior qi than North facing blocks with NE or NW stacks.

2. This is theoritcally true from now to 2023. Usually, such luck will wane from 2021 onwards.

3. One of the main considerations is that SW as mentioned in an earlier message is the indirect water wealth location. And if also one's balcony is at this area; one can even enjoy further boost in wealth. (Again note that health has to be balanced for NE and SW apartments).

4. Thus even in such a small development; there is a vast difference between a block facing North vs South; and stacks facing SW / NE or NW / SE. And even under Para 3, it makes a world of a difference if one's balcony is at SW vs it instead as a bedroom.

5. As most kitchen are at the "back" of the apartment; please take note that especially SW and SE apartments: Best to avoid the Kitchen especially the stove at NW : Fire at heaven's gate which usually has a detrimental effect on the male breadwinner's career - and with that can trigger off marital issues.

6. Again, what I mentioned is purely based on micro Feng Shui i.e. just imagining the interior - without knowing what is the view outside; or a major road facing the balcony / bedooms or even the dreaded afternoon sun or even which level the apartment is.

7 As I mentioned, nowadays; especially from 2008 onwards, I have seen a 250 percent increase (many from referrals) and looking at PRO-ACTIVE Feng shui vs Passive Feng Shui.

8 Nowadays, many are Pro-active in getting Feng Shui advice at the Can or cannot buy stage. Vs many who only after buying apply "passive Feng Shui". This is one of the key success factors and apparently it has now almost become part of the culture amongst many Chinese and even Indian in Singapore.

9. In Singapore environment, geomancers are already used to visualizing Feng Shui of developments before they have been built. Thus, it does not mean that a flat has to be in bricks and mortar before Feng Shui can be done. The only difference is that for ground floor to especially 2nd or 3rd storey; there may be an impact from street lamps and "T" junctions or roads or tree trunks... etc....

Hi Master Cecil,

I have done some drawing based on your advice. For Sky Ville, if one wants to choose SW facing, the kitchen is in the NE sector of the house. If one wants to choose NE facing, the kitchen is in the SW sector of the house. Can I safely say both are safe since the kitchen is not in NW sector of the house?

For Sky Terrace, if it is SW facing, the kitchen is in NE sector and if it is NE facing, the kitchen is in SW sector. So I guess Sky Terrace is pretty safe since the kitchen is not in the NW sector.

I have also further narrow it down by using the auspicious house number free report. I remember you have shared with me before the front door of the house is very important to the breadwinner. Does it mean based on the layout, I still have to further narrow it down to more specific unit whereby the front door is more suitable for the breadwinner of the house?

My best direction is N,S and SE. So I guess I have to look for a door that is these direction?

Hope I am not asking too much.

Kenny

• Staff

Kenny L. wrote:
Hi Master Cecil,

I have done some drawing based on your advice. For Sky Ville, if one wants to choose SW facing, the kitchen is in the NE sector of the house. If one wants to choose NE facing, the kitchen is in the SW sector of the house. Can I safely say both are safe since the kitchen is not in NW sector of the house?

1. Yes, in general, what you had mentioned above is acceptable.

2. In addition, Flying Star SW 1 (202.5 to 217.4 degrees) and NE 1 22.5 to 37.4 degrees) where possible, the interior layout should where possible be as rectangular /square as possible and should have minimal missing corners to fully take advantage of fantastic wealth activation.

3. For Flying Star SW 2 / 3 and NE 2 / 3 : exceptionally good in the long term as it is suppose to "accumulate" wealth for future generations.

For Sky Terrace, if it is SW facing, the kitchen is in NE sector and if it is NE facing, the kitchen is in SW sector. So I guess Sky Terrace is pretty safe since the kitchen is not in the NW sector.

4. It is also a pity that the kitchen IF especially the stove or toilet bowl is at SW sector. If possible, SW sector could be a bedroom. As a kitchen can also drown the "indirect wealth " of the apartment. Especially also if it is at storeroom.

5. The best layout plan should take advantage of the balcony directly at SW or the master bedroom or another bedroom.

My best direction is N,S and SE. So I guess I have to look for a door that is these direction?

6. As mentioned previously, this development's stacks are facing NW, SW, NE and SE; only SE is considered "suitable" to you based on the eight house chart. But, SE apartments other than it's facing direction; other sectors have nasty stars.

7. If a development has South facing stacks; then it is more worthwhile for you to choose stacks facing SOUTH, first choice. As NE and SW are suppose to have the best qi under this period up to 2023; thus a east group person staying in a NE and SW apartment should not have any concerns as the Flying Star chart can elevate the earth luck (Feng Shui).

8. Thus, if one is an east group person and if the stack is facing North; I would frankly still advise choosing SW or NE facing; UNLESS there are SOUTH facing stacks - then I would choose South facing stack first. As for the East group persons, the first choice is still South; followed by East. Again East - may be affected by morning sun - if frontage is not blocked.

9. Frankly, there is no "perfect apartments" - if we try to buy it off a developer. Thus, if it is a developer selling apartments; I would just rush in to buy under this period especially apartments with #8 at the frontage be it double #8's or mountain star #8 or water star #8's ...

P.S. If the balcony (or if there is one) and is located at SW, in most instancesjust activate a water feature, here. And frankly, no need to look at Feng Shui at all to prosper. However, this luck can only last from now till 2021 and it will wane until 2023. By that time; before this period; go seek some Feng Shui advice.

• Staff

1. Frankly, those house hunting this period is "luckier" than those house hunting during 2001 to 2003. As if those purchasing such a home during that period would have to consider the qi of the home in Period 7 (1984 to 2003) and then figure out where the home is good for Period 8.

2. Thus, during those period, I would have to make an effort to study e.g. the Flying Star charts for both periods. And I was lucky to find a home that has very auspicious double #8's at the frontage and under Period 8; have a good water feature at SW - front of the home.

3. For those buying a home now; can easily try to aim for or concentrate buying a good home from now ...as 2023 is kinda of some time away. Thus, if one is only purchasing an apartment; may not really need to make a decision for the future "2023". But for those who purchase a landed property.. may be good to see what lies ahead from 2023. Many who can afford to purchase a landed property today.. are often 40 plus and may make the landed property their home.

4. For those buying a 99 leasehold home; today, frankly, don't need to crucially look at 2023 chart... at the immediate future... especially those in the 20 to 38 age range. Even if one wants to look at the charts; not that difficult also.

• Staff

1. One may still consider the 2nd choice: NE.

2. As mentioned in several of the messages; SW is "top ranking" but afternoon sun. NE is the 2nd best choice. As the word says: the fact is2nd choice is still 2nd choice - morning sun.

3. Frankly, what else? Unless one is going to do a full audit: Consider buying or not buying it: that's all. Or the saying goes: too bad.. it got away from me.

4. Please note that apartment number report: is considered "NICE-to-have" and not a "MUST-have". Or unlike Seetho of Makan Sutra: "don't need to die-die must have good number".

5. As far as overall MACRO Feng Shui goes... this is as far as the Feng Shui advice can go. And really after this: it is decision time. Yes / No / forget it?

Kenny L. wrote:
Hi Master Cecil,

A question. Let's say after narrowing down the SW facing block units with balcony in SW, what's next?

Is it important to select the unit based on auspicious unit number generated report?

• Staff

Especially in Singapore, these are some considerations as to whether to use the apartment number report or not (if one does not have it on the fly):-

1. I am waiting for my ballot number before selecting my flat. And unfortunately, my ballot number is way way behind... i.e. by the time I try to book a flat... most likely... most of those flats that I could have selected have already being "sold".

2. I could not buy at the soft-launch of a condominium.. and there limited units in each stack left.

So how? If one is or will be faced with any of these considerations, just forget about the Apartment number report and quickly secure a good "facing direction" unit. The Hokkien saying: Got fish, got prawns... can already, lah!" = "Woo hoo, woo hay ah ho."

Hi Master Cecil,

I'm a bit confused. Which is more serious?

Kitchen in SW or in NW?

"It is also a pity that the kitchen IF
especially the stove or toilet bowl is at SW sector. If possible, SW
sector could be a bedroom. As a kitchen can also drown the "indirect
wealth " of the apartment. Especially also if it is at storeroom.
"

"5. As most kitchen are at the "back" of the
apartment; please take note that especially SW and SE apartments: Best
to avoid the Kitchen especially the stove at NW : Fire at heaven's gate
which usually has a detrimental effect on the male breadwinner's career
- and with that can trigger off marital issues."

When the block is NE facing, the kitchen is in SW sector. When the block is SW facing, the kitchen is neither in SW or NW sector.

Kenny

• Staff

In my opinion, NW should be worse-off: as generally it affects the career of the male-head of the home and also no "heaven luck" or poor luck. The saying goes "it is the lesser of the two evils".

Kenny L. wrote:
Hi Master Cecil,

I'm a bit confused. Which is more serious?

Kitchen in SW or in NW?

• 8 years later...
  • Staff

Please do a search for words like “Dawson” to list out more links on this subject.

Dawson Site A = Sky Residence

Dawson Site B = SkyOasis

Dawson Site C = Skypark

And also

Dawson Site D = Dawson Vista

Dawson Site E = Forfar Heights

More 

• 2 months later...
  • Staff

More...

8D4E9047-0C3F-4604-9CC2-4D0D3B8C5A47.jpeg

C9D03BE3-AA96-4E69-A24E-F3DC2474C640.jpeg

C36D2C8D-EECA-4B37-ACCC-A73EAB434645.jpeg

24E264D2-8BC3-4468-9E2F-EEA118377D6D.jpeg

50F01904-C041-4443-A5EF-9D1D40759B38.jpeg

This Indian curry stall has been in Peking Room for many years.

Frankly, if hygiene is one’s most important consideration, don’t buy from this stall. As the place...hmm...

Otherwise, their chicken and mutton curry and curry gravy is superb. 
While their brani rice is so so. I prefer the plain whitish rice.

31447D82-C003-44CA-9627-DF251F114516.jpeg

ACEE4B91-D815-4606-8883-D477868D7A76.jpeg

0C7C92C0-AC79-475B-92E3-59D4E71C0995.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Master Cecil Lee,

I am looking at the SkyOasis @ Dawson unit Block 43A stack 318 and stack 316. I will like to enquire if it is being threatened by the poison arrow from the new ongoing Queens Peak just opposite these block. Is there anyway to counter it if it is being threatened by the poison arrow. 

Regards 

Jj1991