About Feng Shui at Geomancy.Net
Sponsored Link

Advice on The Raintree Condo

myfs_143343

Discovered your site today by chance and found it very interesting and insightful, particularly on your views on the property. I am looking at units in Gardenvista and The Raintree for own stay. Like to find out your views about the raintree condo, coz I saw your reply on Gardenvista posted.

Thanks

Sponsored Link

• Staff

1. Please see attachment.

2. I have not "zoomed" into any specific unit. But in this illustration; I assume that most often; the living / balcony has the same "facing" direction of the facade of the building.

2.1. Thus for these units in GREEN: stacks 11/12; 15/16 and 19/20; these units should (I assume) be facing the pool. And if so; they are 35 degrees and fall within NE1 facing direction. And Period 8.

2.1. Under Period 8, these are considered "Premium" units as Period 8; NE1 has the water wealth star at the frontage i.e. facing the pool And traditionally for developers these are also considered the choicest units.

2.2. As I had mentioned above, I did not go into each stack in detail and the assumption on the attachment is based on each individual stacks sharing the same facade as that part of the building.

2.3. Other stacks of NE1 e.g. 43, 44, 49 are considered good choice but second to the Para 2.1.

3. Stacks with facaded facing SW1 are equally good in terms of Flying Star Period 8 SW1 facing Feng Shui.

4. This development GENERALLY has 4 facing directions (exclude the main door - "facing") : these are NE1 ; SW1, NW1 and SE1.

5. As mentioned above; better units from now to 2023 are the NE1 and SW1 (wealth wise - for health - need some correction - no issue).

6. Where esle for NW1 and SE1; generally, they have good facing "stars" at the frontage; but for other sectors of the home; e.g. when we divide the home into the 9 grid or 9 pie chart; other sectors are not so "fantastic" thus may need to look at the individual sectors or areas of the home - some to disarm the bad stars.

7. As I mentioned earlier; this is just a superficial look at the top-view / and "slotting" each stack roughly into a specific Flying Star facing direction. For those who are serious in a specific stack; should just further confirm or double check the information; first.

Master Cecil Lee, Geomancy.Net

• 3 weeks later...
  • Staff
  • Staff

These are some of the considerations:-

1. For a new development - yet to be completed.. have a mental picture of where the aftersun rays fall.

2. Even in a afternoon sun facing unit: visualise whether the sun rays are going to fall on the unit between 12pm ... usually if partially blocked by another near-by unit: afternoon sun is most likely between 12pm towards 2 to 3pm. If fully unblocked; afternoon sun can bathe that part of the home (wall or windows) from 12pm to 5pm - this is pretty hot.

3. What material is facing the afternoon sun? If the walls are thin prefabricated walls or just one layer of brick walls bathed by the afternoon sun, even at 7 to 8 pm; heat can still slowly ooze out of the wall ---- thus turning on fan does not help. May have to turn on air-con if one does not want to be affected by the heat.. at night.

4. For re-sale apartments; always become very suspicious if you are viewing the home in the late afternoon say around 4pm and the owner or agent turns on the air-conditioning in the home.

4.1. There are many instances, where the afternoon sun is not visible to the eye but is bathing one of the walls in a home. For example, it could be the wall shared by the master bed. In the past, had some clients; mentioned regret in that they did not "discover" this "issue" ... and only after they moved in; they discovered the problem.

4.2. Some home owners "mask" the heat by placing e.g. the entire wardrope onto that wall. And placing their bed-head on the opposite direction. If you find the bedroom arrangement - in particular the wardrope at what you feel may not be in the "correct" position; visualise where the afternoon sun comes in or onto the unit's exterior. Use a compass as a guide.

4.3. As the earth axis is tilted at an angle; every six months; the sun rays will change. In the first six months; the rays may not come in so "deep" into say the living or bedroom; but next six month's time; it may even penetrate deeper or if one is lucky further away.. just take note of this.

5. In Singapore, for those with young children; from Primary 3 onwards, these children go to school in the morning and come back home in the afternoon.

5.1 Most adult would be happily working in an air-conditioned environment (assuming you are a white colour worker)... while the child's bedroom may be facing the afternoon sun. And often, the child, the master bedroom and even the living room faces this dreaded afternoon sun.

5.2. Turning on the miserable fan does not help to cool the home. While air-con is good but how many can afford to turn on air-con the whole day-night?

5.3. Try studying in a hot environment and it would be a contributing factor in a child's perhaps "unable to concentrate" for too long ... sort of thing.

6. In the evening, when the heat still oozes thru the walls into the home; there is a likelyhood that one may experience more quarrrels due to being irritated by the "heat".

7. In my opinion, in many situations; a home with huge walls (one layer) bathed by afternoon sun .. would ooze .. heat... as late as into 8 pm.... especially on a hot day in Singapore. In fact, if the facade is made of glass and if uv film is added; this cools much faster than the wall.

8. For some bedrooms, even if we can uv protect the windows; many of the curtains are not "uv" certified. In a bedroom, many often open the windows.. and definitely let in the rays of the sun. Fortunately, Chinese (yellow skin) and other races in Singapore have lesser issues with skin cancers as compared to the whites which have fairer skin - and comparably more prone to skin cancer.

9. However, as for cataract in the eyes; all races can be affected equally... if we always get afternoon sun exposure or even morning sun exposure.

10. These are some of the reasons why when we see advertisements in newspapers; some may indicate: This home is North-South facing - implies that it is not a "hot" home or apartment.

11. This is why, even if we belong to the west group; we cannot blindly buy just any home without due consideration of the afternoon sun.

• 11 years later...