About Feng Shui at Geomancy.Net
Sponsored Link

Door facing each other... Good or Bad? Is there a cure for this?

Hi. I need help. We just bought a new house. The door to the guest bedroom and my sons bedroom are facing each other with the guest bathroom door on the middle. I was told that having two doors facing each other is not a good one. Is there any remedy aside from a renovation?

Sponsored Link

• Staff

1. These are some of the considerations:

1.1. It has more to do with pyscholgy: where just imagine both parties exit each of the bedroom and eyes "meet head to head". This symbolises perhaps: personal clashes.

1.2. However, if only one bedroom is occupied and the other bedroom being a guest room is vacant most of the time. If so, there is relatively no issue with the two doors facing each other!

1.3. Feng Shui is also about symbolism. Thus the most common symbolic approach is to place a "RED" dot on the same area of each of the two doors. Here, the two RED dots symbolise eyes i.e. see eye to eye with each other.

1.4. How or what kind of red dot? It can a dot much like the pupil of an eye or smaller diameter. And just anything red can be used e.g. a permanent red felt pen or a red circular sticker or even for ladies with eithe chilli red or maroon nail vanish can also be used.

2. Contrary to popular belief; Feng Shui is not all things "renovation or demolishing a wall etc..." Far from it.

Grace P. wrote:
Hi. I need help. We just bought a new house. The door to the guest bedroom and my sons bedroom are facing each other with the guest bathroom door on the middle. I was told that having two doors facing each other is not a good one. Is there any remedy aside from a renovation?

Master Cecil Lee, Geomancy.Net

• Staff

Please see attachment with illustration on where to place the two red dots.

In this attachment; I have shown two locations each for the placement of the red dots.

Must avoid placing the RED dot behind the handle of the door knob. As there is no direct path or "view" from the back plate of the door knob.

What happens if the red dot fades? Less wear and tear area is actually the key hole area. Or use a durable round sticker.

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • Staff

1496565096_FAKE(8).png.18f1c4b75e10fce1f8b7de2f04e73211.pngNot all Feng Shui Masters are created equal.

Many Feng Shui Masters are really a Feng Shui Emporium in disguise! LOL!

In Singapore, what is worse are many with lineages doing it blatantly. If their ancient elders were around... LOL

Ask: "Must I buy from You?"

When the buying Stops!, The selling Can!

Authentic Feng Shui is scientic & does not require to buy expensive commercial products in the Name of Feng Shui!

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi..

I need your help,  i have a land on top the hill that facing  to sea and i going to build my own house.

But i used 2nd hand container to build my own house.

In fung shui it's good to have more then one doors facing your entrance house and i used sliding  steel door as my  entrance door..also i used four sliding doors in each of my bedroom doors.two doors and two doors are facing each others.

is there remedy or advise.

thank you.

• Staff

1. Frankly, it is difficult to visualise your description. 

2. Good news is that Feng Shui (Earth luck or the place one spends time at e.g. home or office) is only 33.33% of the total luck system. 

3. If one search under: "the Holy Trinity of Chinese Luck system" one can find that another form of luck is: Human or man luck which equally accounts for another 33.33%.

4. What this simply means is that make yourself as comfortable in your home as possible. And do what you thing makes you happy and cosy in this new home.

3. Returning to Para 2, above under: feels great to learn that your home has the sea view. 

3.1. However, if there is too much wind (due to the high and low pressure zones in land and the sea during certain times of the day) then too windy is not ideal = fall sick and wealth issues. 

3.2. To control this is easy i.e. the amount of wind into the house.

3.3. If both sides of the length of the container are opened, then make sure that (if possible) no direct or controlled flow. Frankly, I don't really like to write on this. Given that maybe I am the only one who really knows what I am writing.. also. 

3.4. Here goes a simple sketch:-

1881742126_lossofwealth.png.4176dd00fc52cb2c44e13dd59edfb032.png

3.4.1. So long as there is no direct path, this can minimise loss of wealth.

3.4.2. For example, one panel can be opened on one side. While the opposite panel closed.

1674171887_lossofwealth1.png.1aa04c4bc351d5b473ab32bd619ae96f.png

• Staff

Case Study: In HDB's history, there are many layout designs where two bedroom doors do face each other.

1. Here, two bedroom doors face each other.

2. This is like "High Noon" where two individuals stand on opposite room doors facing each other in a kinda of "Killing-mode". LOL 
663704950_seeeyetoeye.png.e638a8c49ab205a239d98a78380a2e90.png

• 1 month later...
  • Staff

1. A typical Period 7 HDB 4 Bedroom home layout.

1429219018_Maindoorfacingbedroomdoroandwindowopening.png.a39cb4c34d82ea6b51384607c174f666.png

2. Where the main door opens towards a bedroom opening and towards a window opening.

3. Some clients, simply change the bedroom door to the other side.

4. Often, the bedroom window panel is not opened or the main door is not always opened is another possible solution. (Or bedroom door closed).

• 2 months later...

Hi Master, for 2 bedroom doors directly opposite each other, your remedy is to put a red dot on the door knob/handle, exactly on the same spot. Will it still be as effective if both doors are left open at certain times of the day to let air circulate in the home? Does the red dot need to be relocated/repositioned, wherein it can always see "eye to eye" (e.g. on top of the door jamb area)?

Thanks Master.

• Staff
22 minutes ago, EveMax said:

Hi Master, for 2 bedroom doors directly opposite each other, your remedy is to put a red dot on the door knob/handle, exactly on the same spot. Will it still be as effective if both doors are left open at certain times of the day to let air circulate in the home? Does the red dot need to be relocated/repositioned, wherein it can always see "eye to eye" (e.g. on top of the door jamb area)?

Thanks Master.

For practical reasons if doors are opened most of the time, an alternative is to place a red dot above the door:

209977765_reddot.png.f17ce8c18f99359575681fc5124646e5.png

Sometimes one may even see a reflective mirror and a red dot as shown above.. Much like the flag from the "land of the rising sun"...

• 6 months later...
  • 2 months later...