About Feng Shui at Geomancy.Net
Sponsored Link

Devil's gate (cont)

myfs_132584

Dear Master Lee,
this is continuation of postings "Gui Men? Placing Altar?" and "Chinese Temples In Singapore" from "human luck::chinese culture". I put it here now, since my next questions are not directly fit/relevant in "chinese culture" room. Please accept my apology.

I have searched and read all your old postings about Devil's gate (NE/SW) and Main Door at NE.
But I still have questions about it.

1. In some postings you recommended not to have large plants in NE/SW directions since it can be hiding place for spirits.
How large? Did you mean "larger than building, where one lives"?

2. About Main Door at NE:
a. if the flying numbers of NE sector of a house (its main door) is too YIN, is it OK to have small plant with SHARP leaves near Main Door (outside), since such plants are considered as YANG?
b. Are fir trees / christmas trees considered as YANG plants, because they have leaves like needles?

3. In your old postings I read that Bagua mirror can deflect sha-qi.
a. Is the YIN energy from NE/SW considered as SHA-QI as well and can be deflected by Convex Bagua mirror?
b. If one lives in an apartment building with building main entrance at NE, is it enough to place Bagua mirror outside on the NE/SW window of apartment instead of main entrance of building?

Thank you in advance.

Warm regards,

----
Cecil Lee wrote (Gui Men? Placing Altar?)

1. My earlier resources written around 1997 on Devil's gate can be found under this link:-

http://www.geomancy.net/resources/art/art-gate.htm

2. Do a SEARCH under this forum for devil's gate or north-east and you will also find many questions and replies on this subject.

Gui Men? Placing Altar?

Sponsored Link

• Staff

Anonymous wrote:

Dear Master Lee,

1. In some postings you recommended not to have large plants in NE/SW directions since it can be hiding place for spirits.
How large? Did you mean "larger than building, where one lives"?

2. About Main Door at NE:
a. if the flying numbers of NE sector of a house (its main door) is too YIN, is it OK to have small plant with SHARP leaves near Main Door (outside), since such plants are considered as YANG?
b. Are fir trees / christmas trees considered as YANG plants, because they have leaves like needles?

These are some considerations for your question under Para 1 and 2; above:-

1. In the 1970's many landed property homes in Singapore especially Semi-detached and terraces; often have a mango tree a the corner of the home.

2.In ten years time; when the mango tree matures; i.e. when it "blossoms" such that it has lots of leaves and a canopy. Just standing below such a tree or anything below this tree or beside it can be quite "dark" or YIN.

3. Thus literally; because of this huge tree; it casts a large shadow below thus making the entrance and compound area dark or yin.

4. While things like a bush that is not so high is often nota major concern. As it does not cast such a wide shadow.

5. Another type of Yin has to do with Flying Star numbers. For example Flying star numbers 1, 3, 5, 7 are yin stars and a high concentration of such stars on it's own is no issue. But if coupled by too yina sector or

Anonymous wrote:

3. In your old postings I read that Bagua mirror can deflect sha-qi.
a. Is the YIN energy from NE/SW considered as SHA-QI as well and can be deflected by Convex Bagua mirror?
b. If one lives in an apartment building with building main entrance at NE, is it enough to place Bagua mirror outside on the NE/SW window of apartment instead of main entrance of building?
Cecil Lee wrote (Gui Men? Placing Altar?)?

Today, often, such a bagua mirror is not often used to "cure" ....

Master Cecil Lee, Geomancy.Net

Dear Master Lee,
Since I have a little knowledge and I know well about "a little knowledge is a dangerous thing" I would like here to ask carefully to you about your following answer.

Cecil L. wrote:
5. Another type of Yin has to do with Flying Star numbers. For example Flying star numbers 1, 3, 5, 7 are yin stars and a high concentration of such stars on it's own is no issue. But if coupled by too yina sector or

I have read in some postings about Yin YangNumbers (see below)and I am really confused whether 1, 3, 5, 7 are Yin or Yang. Please give me an explanation. Thank you in advance.
---
10. Under the Yin and Yang concept, anything that is even number e.g. 2, 4, 6, 8 etc.. is considered yin. While 1, 3, 5, 7 or any odd number is considered yang.
---
It follows the same principles for all even numbers are considered (yin) and all odd numbers are considered (yang).
This means that 2, 4, 6, 8 are yin, and 1, 3, 5, 7, 9 are yang.
This theory is applied to all I-Ching, Flying Star and anything to do with number theory.
Warmest Regards
Robert Lee
---

• 2 weeks later...
  • Staff

Apologies for the confusion. Yes, thanks for pointing out my typo error.

It should correctly be : any odd numbers is Yang : 1,3, 5, 7. Thus I was too quick to type wrongly.

Sorry for the confusion.

Yin stars are even numbers: which should be 2, 4, 6, 8 etc...

Cecil L. wrote: