About Feng Shui at Geomancy.Net
Sponsored Link

Roof Turbine Ventilator a Bad Feng Shui ?

myfs_134816

Dear Master Cecil,

I am planning to install a wind turbine ventilator (round shape turbine that spinning on top of the roof) to cool the stuffy air on my 1st floor bedroom and roof.

Someone told me that it is a bad feng shui to disturb and make a hole on the roof.

I just want to make my bedroom more comfortable without the stuffy air. Kindly let me and others know if it is true.

Appreciate your fast reply and many Thanks for your time and kind advise.

Regards,
Mrs. Yip

Sponsored Link

• Staff

These are some considerations:

1. A normal or regular common home's Shapes and Forms profile looks like an "UP" arrow image that symbolises "progress".

2. If two or more such ventilators are installed; I suspect that they have to be installed ONTO or close to horizontal level. This is because, based on commonsense, such ventilators cannot be tilted too much else may affect both the working of the motor and even allow too much leakage e.g. rainfall.

3. Based on Shapes and Forms, if a normal home with roof as shown under Illustration gets too distorted due to so many of such "pimples" and these ventilators need a further flat or close flat surface to mount on, then the appearance of such a home is "altered" ...

4. Another commonsense approach is that hopefully, such ventilators does not cause leaking of rain / rainwater into the home. Anyway, I am no expert in this area; I assume it has to be taken care off else it would not be allowed to be installed.

5. Looking at your sample picture, one will notice that these fans are mounted close to a flat - horizontal position of say no more than 10 degrees sloping roof. In fact, it looks like such fans are more suitable for "flat roofs".

6. From an internal Feng Shui; it is excellent for such a ventilation fan as it can help to circulate qi or remove "dead" from the home. Thus, this is indeed a plus point. Thus, properly installed, it should be considered good.

7. White tiger location?

7.1 Looking at it's circular "semi-enclosed" design, it does not seem an issue from the concern on the white tiger or some may wrongly say that it looks like a hungry tiger's mouth ... I don't thing so, as one can even argue that it looks like a dragon's pearl especially with its aluminium colour and circular shaped.

8. As this is a modern tool; it can be left to many different interpretations. Some may even say that it may even look like a drawf house chimney stack!

Master Cecil Lee, Geomancy.Net

Dear Master Cecil,

Thank you very much for your fast reply. I really appreciate it and I believe your comment will help others too.

However, I need to attach herewith the correct image for your further comment if any. Kindly refer to Image 1 and 2 (sample from internet).

The previous image was a metal roof factory withturbine. Sorry ! for the mixed up.

The 2 turbine will be installto thehighest point of the roof. And it is on the back portion of the roof. Is this O.K ?

I will follow your kind advise and I make sure that I find a good contractor to do the job.

Thank you again andYou are the best !

• Staff

Thanks for the illustrations.

In my opinion, it looks OK as it is upright without another secondary roof to make it horizontal.

And furthermore, the "UP" profile of the house is not duly affected by the turbines as shown in your illustration. Chimneys also protrude and they even have an "opening" at the top. Thus, in my opinion, a no issue interms of Shapes and Forms and/or symbolism in Feng Shui.

And the plus point is that it can help circulate qi properly in the home = excellent!