About Feng Shui at Geomancy.Net
Sponsored Link

House beside Temple Okay? What if the house is beside a quiet temple, but the temple can only see if it is at an angle of the living room and kitchen.

myfs_104083

Hi Master Cecil,

I have read about the house beside temple posting. I just want to seek your advice on this topic.

What if the house is beside aquiet thaitemple, but the templecan only see if it is at an angle of the living room and kitchen.

Will this be ok inauspicious?

Thank you.

Sponsored Link

• Staff

1. In a very highly built-up area in Singapore; many areas or homes and apartments are as you had mentioned literally such homes are next to a religious temple etc...

2. For example; new or old apartments; many are close to a temple: in fact, there is no running away from a "view" of the temple: recent cases such a condo development in Guillemard road, Compassvale Bow (Sengkang), Telok Kurau Road, Serangoon North, Boon Lay, Balestier Roadand more....

3. These are some of the considerations:

3.1. It is best not to purchase a home directly facing a temple e.g. such as a ground floor or 2nd storey unit with the living room or balcony facing it.

3.2. Avoid hanging a windchimefacing the temple.

3.3. Just last Saturday, a client mentioned thatthe temple at the side of her unit at a condo at Guillemard Road is a Tibetian one and in one of the bedrooms, chants can be heard until 11pm.

3.4. In fact this condo faces the Christian cross directly and the temple is at the side of the bedroom. Luckily the "spine" of the church is closer to the main road and does not pose a threat to the unit.

3.5 Such things as the shape of the roof or the edge of roofs may posea posion arrow in many instances.

3.6.1. A clean or unclean temple:

3.6.1. In my life time I have encountered"clean" and "unclean" temples. I believe in some of my past messages (in thisforum) I had mentioned that a temple in Yishun was unclean. Asduring that time, my luopan became erractic i.e. the needle ...

3.6.2. Some temples are a depository of "entities" and some"unclean" ones even host things like"small bottles with somevisible- babies" floating in them.

3.7. Overall, and in very general terms; even "clean" temples are considered as a depository of peoples "grevience etc...".

4. The good news is that in many cases, there are many who stay close to temples and are still doing so.. this could be a good or bad sign... Good because.. nothing bad happens.. bad.. well for some we never know... unless they seek 'help'.

5. In Singapore, an apartment with a view of a temple often translates into futuremarketing value of the home. (This area is not Feng Shui).

Master Cecil Lee, Geomancy.Net

• 6 years later...

Hi Master Cecil...

I come across this topic and am seeking advice whether I should stay in or sell out my house which is next to a Thai-temple to be.

For your info,I bought a single storey semi d [facing East] in my hometown for own stay. As we plan to move back and clean the house,we noted the next door house is rented out to become a temple. It's so heartbroken when we know the news for they are surely blocking our way out whenever there's main event held and most importantly the bad fengshui. Somemore ,my unit is the last end unit with a playground next to it. My concern is,if we decide to stay in,is it very inauspicious to my family? Or better sell it ?We really love the environment actually.

Appreciate your advices to this matter.Tqvm

• Staff

These are some considerations:

1. In Singapore, there are only a few thousand class A bungalow or class B semi-detached homes.

2. In the past in Singapore, a class A bungalow is at least 30,000 sq. feet in size or larger. While a class C semi-detached home can be around 6,000 sq feet or more.

3. Therefore in Thailand; if your current (semi-detached) home is at least that 6,000 sq feet and above; this is pretty reasonable.

Why am I mentioning this?

3.1. Nowadays in Singapore, even for a semi-detached; homes are sometimes even less than 3,000 square feet. But developers take advantage of it by building that home up to 4 storeys high:  a basement / 2nd storey / 3rd storey and an attic.

4. If your land is a large plot of land; then this is a good thing especially if your home is quite a distance away from the temple.

5. In fact, in the past and even present; many temples are suppose to be built on a plot with good Feng Shui. (Other than perhaps.. some unscrupulous sites only out to make money).

6. I have not seen your actual plot or surroundings thus unable to comment fully, here.

7. But I have a feeling that your home is also on a good Feng Shui plot.

8. Common sense:

8.1. Based on common sense: if one is unable to compare your existing home with another known home: how do you know whether the next home is better or worse than your current home?

8.2. For example: even if there is a temple next to your home but because your existing home still has good or excellent Feng Shui; isn't this better than changing to another home..

8.2.1. And as I mentioned earlier: if the next home's Feng Shui is equal or better than this current one; then good to go for a move!

8.2.2. But if the next home's Feng Shui luck is below the existing or has very bad Feng Shui then.. ..

9. Usually, one can feel the effects within 6 months of the completion of the temple. Thus, perhaps; at this point; monitor the situation, closely.

10. Frankly, without much more details; it is difficult to comment on a few paragraphs of wordings..

P.S. Some homes have no impact with a temple beside it; while others fair badly...

• 1 month later...
  • Staff

It depends:

1. Some Temples are "clean" while some are "dirty".

2. A home aligned to a NE or SW alignment or vice-versa where NE is the devil's gate and SW is it's back door.

3. Most temples that are a road away should not be an issue especially if they are not directly facing one's frontage.

• 1 month later...

Hi Cecil,

Need an advise when reading this topic. 

I'm planning to buy a corner lot house but make me a concern when see a temple opposite beside side of the playground.  Is this consider direct impact to the house feng shui ? 

The corner house got 2 gates entry.   The main one is facing North in front is empty play ground only.  

But 2nd gate at west which facing play ground also but just next of the playground consist a big temple is otw building up   

Although it is not directly  facing in front of it but is quite near also. About 50-60 feets away.   There is gates to separate out the small garden and temple in fact that is one thing at least people will not able park their car beside the house when event available.  

There is a balcony facing west also toward the small garden but is not directly to the temple.  However it can see it also from left if we turn our head direction to the left at balcony.  

Opposite the small garden at west there there is a shop lot can be seen  which about 80-100 meters roughly.   There is a shop selling coffin.   Will this bring something bad also ?  

Appreaciete your comment about this house feng Shui in this situation   

Thanks  

Hi Master Cecil,

Any small guide line what and how to observe whether is it bad.  Example like what we see from the house once step out from main door entrance.  

Now making us tough decision.  Some say it is not direct to the house.  Some say no good.   

We are struggling  

• 1 year later...
Guest guest

hi master Cecil lee, 

chance by this forum of yours. I am planning to buy a resale flat in Seng Kang  which is diagonally opposite a quiet church. And it can be seen at the north east direction of the flat ( living rooms and all bedrooms window) will this make an impact of the unit that we will be getting? it is an ideal north south facing unit. Thanks in advance for answering Master! 

• 3 months later...
  • Cecil Lee pinned this topic
  • 1 year later...

Hello Master Cecil,

My husband & I are considering buying a resale condo unit next to a Chinese temple. It is separated by a tennis court. And only the 2nd bedroom window is looking at the side of the temple. As it is a rather large condo development (300+ units), the main entrance to the condo development is a distance down the road from the temple. Is this ok? 

Appreciate your advice. Thanks

• Staff
5 hours ago, Jac_L said:

Hello Master Cecil,

My husband & I are considering buying a resale condo unit next to a Chinese temple. It is separated by a tennis court. And only the 2nd bedroom window is looking at the side of the temple. As it is a rather large condo development (300+ units), the main entrance to the condo development is a distance down the road from the temple. Is this ok? 

Appreciate your advice. Thanks

Frankly, how to comment on short lines of text. Understand for privacy. But know this: " A picture paints a thousand words". 

• Staff
3 hours ago, Cecil Lee said:

Frankly, how to comment on short lines of text. Understand for privacy. But know this: " A picture paints a thousand words". 

For example, this question has a specific location where one can visualise the scenario.

Yours is too abstract.. where often only the person posting it really knows what they are talking about….

Hello Cecil,

I’m considering to apply for a BTO at Telok Blangah, but looking at the site development, it is surrounded by Chinese temples. Want to know what you think about the location and proximity of the temples. 

thank you!! spacer.png

• Staff
4 hours ago, Grollies said:

Hello Cecil,

I’m considering to apply for a BTO at Telok Blangah, but looking at the site development, it is surrounded by Chinese temples. Want to know what you think about the location and proximity of the temples. 

thank you!! spacer.png

The two temples, especially the one along Telok Blangah Road nearest to the MRT station with the eight immortals is not exactly that close-by to this small development that you ate looking at.

The other temple is also not beside this development but closer. There many varied opinions, some may be unfavourable especially by the conservatives.

Some are concerned if a unit faces or have a view of it.

I believe, can still consider it…

• 6 months later...

Hello Master Cecil,

My siblings and I are considering living in three terrace houses beside each other, next to a temple.

See terrace plan with North directions:

image.png.057fd673f179f490e8df8867d8a33853.png 

Blue terrace houses are facing the side of a temple, separated by a small road.

Orange terrace houses facing the main road, but are side by side temple (separated by a small road). However, houses and land are smaller due to access road, at the same price as orange terrace.

Should we reconsider living in blue or orange terrace houses in the picture?

There is a beach few minutes North.

Extra fact: Siblings zodiac is rabbit, rooster & dragon

Appreciate you advice, Master Cecil!

• 4 months later...

Dear Master Lee,

May I ask if I should be concern with the temple (Tiong Ghee Temple 忠義廟) being across the block (seperated by a road) of A(Blk160) or B(Blk161). Both units in A and B are located high floor.

Appreciated for your valuable sharing.

temple.jpeg

temple1.png

• Staff
12 hours ago, mikeyang said:

Dear Master Lee,

May I ask if I should be concern with the temple (Tiong Ghee Temple 忠義廟) being across the block (seperated by a road) of A(Blk160) or B(Blk161). Both units in A and B are located high floor.

Appreciated for your valuable sharing.

temple.jpeg

temple1.png

1. There are many opinions with regards to whether one is concerned with a home (or unit) near to a temple, directly facing or even a unit has a view be it straightforward or even a glimpse of it.

2. There are some who even say that it is a RED flag to be anywhere in close proximity of a temple such as 1 to 2 km from it.

3. Sometimes it does not matter even if one personally has no concern with it.

3.1. But wait till one wants to (later on) sell that unit.

3.2. Even if say one has no issue with a temple under any of the above concerns, it is hard pressed to convince others or if they bring a Feng Shui Master who has their personal opinions.

3.3. Sadness comes when relatives and friends also voice their concerns.

3.4. Or encounter that occasional "low-baller" who simply wants to bring this up during their bargain!

ne and sw.png

4. From a "science" of it all, the most major considerations are: 

4.1. Avoid a unit in the "front" path of a temple. Thus between "A" or "B" even if high floors, safer to avoid a unit at "A". As it is within the front zone of the temple.

4.2. Equally ideal, to avoid a unit /home directly facing the rear of the temple.

4.3. Particularly concerned also is the NE or SW "path" or the "devil's gate" NE and SW as shown above. Reference: 

• 3 weeks later...
  • Staff

image.thumb.png.f4f7bf9862c3c1a1a86daa7b016362c3.png

Dear Cecil, I'm your past customer fpr 2 houses. Am currently looking for houses again. Is it possible to ask u if this unit which has living room facing a temple ok in terms of fengshui?

Hi Alan, Best not to do so. Given that even if it is okay, it may also affect your future resale value. Thus really not worth it

• 2 months later...
  • Staff
5 hours ago, jayr said:

Screenshot 2022-07-12 at 16-28-38 142-15 Franklin Ave · 142-15 Franklin Ave Flushing NY 11355.png

Screenshot 2022-07-12 at 16-42-48 142-15 Franklin Ave · 142-15 Franklin Ave Flushing NY 11355.png

This is a very subjective topic. Given that there can be many view points.

More so, if one wants to sell it in the future.

Locally, we do have small apartment blocks beside a church. In fact, some even have a view into the church grounds. Looks like this is more of a family church. 

In this example, some private apartments even have churches dotted within it’s vicinity and beside them:-

F08981E0-FB20-4694-99AF-E93B98ADD3DA.thumb.jpeg.db882d0334734282578cb2620ea25841.jpeg
Here in our country, many are more concern especially with "noise" activities especially from Chinese temples and Indian mosques where chantings and even burning of joss on the grounds. These smoke can permeate into the home. And can in the long run be cancerous to the lungs.