About Feng Shui at Geomancy.Net
Sponsored Link

I would like to buy a new house but the problem is this house is facing L shaped road.

myfs_145043

Sponsored Link

• Staff

These are some of the major considerations:

1. Use some simple imagination: for example, just stand at the main gate area and whenever a car/vehicle comes to "you";

2. Can you see the car come directly at the main gate? Yes or No?

2.1 If no, then, check whether if it should come in a straight line; does it hit any part of the home.

2.2 For example, you may have a garden without trees and in a rare circumstance, if it does plough into the home does it hit say the living room area?

3. As alast resort;

3.1. How far away the main house is from the road:

3.2. How well "protected' is the main door from the "curved" sha qi of a car coming straight and turning out of the L junction?

3.3. In America, many homes don't have heavily fortified "fencing" and the main concern again is to avoid a car ploughing into the house.

4. Thus the last resort is to build a solid wall that often stops most cars dead in their track.

5. Frankly, although you had sketched it out; but overall, it means very little (unfortunately) as it does not show the way traffic flow : as there can be a vast difference between a LHD or a RHD (by the way LHD = Left Hand Drive and Right Hand Drive)...

6. If in doubt, don't buy it.

Master Cecil Lee, Geomancy.Net

Master Cecil Lee,

Thank you from you prompt reply.

Basically,
the house is under construction which I presumed the traffic is
moderate after completion. My answers to your questions:

1 & 2) Yes. The
vechicles come to me at the main gate. No garden nor tree.

3) The distance
is around 15 meters from the main gate to the L shaped road. The front
house protected by wall and iron gate.

5) I'm from Malaysia. Its RHD.

May I ask if the front road of
the house able to work as a barrier to isolate this bad chi?

• Staff

1. Strictly under the definition of say a house is at a T-junction or in your case an L-junction, the premise is the main concern of the "openings" of the home.

2. Thus the main situation is about the house " or the 4 walls " of the house.

3. More importantly, the main entrance of the home is considered as the "mouth" of the house. Our mouth is very important organ. Thus it has to be protected".

4. In addition, any openings: be it a window or sliding glass doors should also be protected.

5. As for the main gate, "barriers" can be erected or certain materials can be used e.g. overlapping wooden pieces but still let air in thru the slots are ways to deflect or neutralise the qi towards the main door.

6. As I mentioned, one of the key ingredients of Shapes and Forms is "QI". Thus, use imagination to understand things like: an uncontrolled car coming from a straighline towards the home... where will it hit and smash thru the home.

7. If your 4 walls is 15 metres away from the main gate; it is a plus point.

8. It is good that you mentioned that yours is a RHD country. But on your own, you need to perhaps, sketch out arrows of how cars flows in relation to the main gate and more importantly where is the four walls and main door /openings. No doubt you had mentioned this but just looking at the current sketch.. is like the Chinese saying " catch no ball" or Hokkien : "Lia bo Qu "... literally ......... cannot fully comprehen the too simplistic sketch..

9. The smarter way is to use technology... some use things like the google map... which does show clearly...

10. As I emphasised: in recent messages: Just imagine a run away vehicle (car).. which goes in a straight line towards house X. Where will this car smash thru?

11. Things can't get simplier than this as a simple test of whether a home is affected by the house at a "T-junction" or your "L-junction".

• Staff

1. Yes, if one feels uncomfortable about it; do give it a pass.

2. One of most commonsense approach is always to bring family members along and get their opinion.

3. In addition, if one is "late" in looking at a development and when there are few homes left; caveat emptor applies: let the buyer beware of such unsold units/plots! (There can be few gems but more "blackholes" in such units/plots).

3. Good Luck in your house hunting!

• Staff

1. In the past, many who wanted to buy condominium units detest having their proposed condo next to Government Housing flats. Today, the main criteria is that even if the development is not to such flats; it is no longer an issue especially if one' development is next to say an MRT (mass rapid transit) line especially if the line is hidden underground.

2. As for shop houses; the major concern has more to do with sufficient car-parks and even noise pollution. As recently, I did a Feng Shui audit and the client's home is on the 2nd storey and close to the loading and unloading bay of a popular "Sheng Siong" neighbourhood market. From the various bedrooms; the client's family could hear the vehicles; noise pollution, smoke from the running vehicles etc...

3. I believe between shophouses and petrol station; I would certainly dread living close to the petrol station of between 30 to 50 metres.

4. This is because, there may be a higher chance of a petrol station catching fire.

4.1 Worse, in a humid country like Singapore, as most petrol and diesel are stored underground below the station, the concern is the fumes coming from these tanks.. and depending on the wind conditions;

4.2 I don't want to have a situation of having my family to smell the "cancerous" fuel smell either when some pumps fuel or when it evaporates.

• Staff

Further to what I had mentioned, I really dread living in any one of these three developments (during down wind):-

The Belleforte

Leong On Building

Monville Mansion

Please see link below, showing these three developments nearby to a petrol station:-http://www.streetdirectory.com/asia_travel/travel/travel_id_17151/travel_site_1/

Usually most affected is when your neighbours don't open any of their windows and you are around 1st to the 5th storey...often visible of the petrol station.

Here, the main concern is not of a fire, at the station but rather the FUMES .... from underground tanks and daily consumer pumping of petrol or diesel