shapes are not good. The only thing is this is the perfect flat in the
perfect area. Would you say the shape is a triangle or trapezoid or
diamond. As you can see from the picture alot of the rooms also have 5
sides. any help on this would be great

Many Thanks

Rob

Sponsored Link

• Staff

1. In many countries, besides the rectangular and squarish interior layout plan;

2. It is common even in my country to have developments littered with such "triangular" shaped flat.

3. Even this afternoon, went to a client's home that looks very similar to your layout plan.

4. In the attached illustration; where I had marked the center-of-gravity or centrepoint of your proposed rental flat; you can see that after I had drawn a triangle and fit the layout plan; it does not look "scary" anymore.

5. However, from a Shapes and Forms Feng Shui point of view; this Feng Shui School suggests strongly against newly married couples to occupy a bedroom (or master bedroom) that is odd shaped or less than rectangular. In addition, if the top view or helicopter view looks like a butterfly; it is said that a butterfly has a relatively short lifespan.

6. From a Flying Star Feng Shui point of view; it depends totally on the facing direction of the flat.

Master Cecil Lee, Geomancy.Net

Thank you for getting back to me on this.
This is a top view of the flat, our other concern is that it is above a successful celeb cosmetic dental clinic. The main door/enterance for the whole building is exactly in the south where you see the point is level from the left hand bedroom.
Also there is a railway line and train station that runs along the main side of the bedrooms but a good 100 meters away and it goes parrell to south west wall. We would plan to have our bedroom in the smaller room.
Our entrance to the flat is directly where the stairs are in the pictire via a 3 sided fenced pavid yard. the stairs goes up into the flat
Would you recommend moving there ?

Thank you for your time on this as it is a real concern of ours.

• Staff

The saying goes " a picture tells a thousand words".

Frankly, might as well throwa dice if you are asking whether to move-in solely on general (brief descriptions) - and usually, hope you understand, I don't usually have time to scan and figure out a whole paragraph of information.

It is similar to a resume - it has been widely stated that a human resource personnel takes a "three seconds" glance at it; and just chuck it away.

Rob K. wrote:
Thank you for getting back to me on this.
This is a top view of the flat, our other concern is that it is above a successful celeb cosmetic dental clinic. The main door/enterance for the whole building is exactly in the south where you see the point is level from the left hand bedroom.
Also there is a railway line and train station that runs along the main side of the bedrooms but a good 100 meters away and it goes parrell to south west wall. We would plan to have our bedroom in the smaller room.
Our entrance to the flat is directly where the stairs are in the pictire via a 3 sided fenced pavid yard. the stairs goes up into the flat
Would you recommend moving there ?

Thank you for your time on this as it is a real concern of ours.

boring.gif

LIFE IS SHORT.gif

• 6 years later...
  • Cecil Lee pinned this topic
  • 8 months later...
  • Staff
6 hours ago, Snowystrawberry said:

Hello Master Cecil, may I know if this floor plan shows that it is a triangular shaped house? Looking into buying a resale flat and am worried about this, as well as the small triangle shape caused by the window in the master bedroom. Many thanks! 

Screenshot_20210115_000159.jpg

Yes, this unit is a triangular shaped home. The small triangle shape in the master bedroom is not the primary triangle.

Although this article was written for an office , however it also very much do apply also for a home.

• 2 months later...

spacer.pngHi Both Master

Thank you for creating this forum & also to read my post. I have just gotten a resale unit. However it is an odd shape in this unit. I have intention to do some hacking & partition. I am wondering will it hurt much as being a newly couple? 

To hack into a open door frame no door: masterbd to connect store room

Partition: at kitchen (to act like a store room) 

• Staff
5 hours ago, CST said:

spacer.pngHi Both Master

Thank you for creating this forum & also to read my post. I have just gotten a resale unit. However it is an odd shape in this unit. I have intention to do some hacking & partition. I am wondering will it hurt much as being a newly couple? 

To hack into a open door frame no door: masterbd to connect store room

Partition: at kitchen (to act like a store room) 

No, it will not hurt much with the two modifications to your re-sale home.

• 2 months later...

Hi Master Cecil, is this odd shaped floor plan bad feng shui? Looking to rent, but worried about the odd shape may be resulting in too many missing kuas. Much thanks Master Cecil! 

Screen Shot 2021-07-05 at 11.27.45 PM.png