About Feng Shui at Geomancy.Net
Sponsored Link

Lamp Post in front of house open window

myfs_145776

Early this year the PUB did a upgrading works and added a lamp post in front of my one storey terrace house.

The lamp post did not not "slice" my front door but directly onto my bedroom open window.

Ever since then I noted I have problems in my career to the point that my car was flooded while driving home.

What can I do to deflect the "ills" from lamp post? Thanks

Sponsored Link

• Staff

Andrew Y. wrote:
Early this year the PUB did a upgrading works and added a lamp post in front of my one storey terrace house.

The lamp post did not not "slice" my front door but directly onto my bedroom open window.

Ever since then I noted I have problems in my career to the point that my car was flooded while driving home.

What can I do to deflect the "ills" from lamp post? Thanks

1. Yes, although the lamp post does not slice your front door, it is indeed bad-enough if it slices into your bedroom. This is a threat to your bedroom.

2. Traditionally, the most effective method is the placement of a ba gu mirror.

2.1. What type of ba gua mirror should I use?

2.2. If your purpose is simply to deflect the "sha qi" of the lamp post then; a standard "simple" ba gua mirror = which I marked under this link as (D) = Simple Ba gua mirror: this mirror has a red coloured plastic ring surrounding a conVEX mirror.

2.3. Please refer to this link:-
http://forum.geomancy.net/phpforum/article.php?bid=2&fid=19&mid=10391&new=

2.4. As your purpose is just to neutralise this threat to your bedroom; this simple ba gua mirror marked as D. is sufficient.

2.5. Those other mirrors shown in the link have dual purpose. Especially those ba gua mirrors that have an external trigram design are meant to "scare away spirits" and the mirror at the center: convex is to deflect sha qi and the oldest version has a flat piece of mirror. The newer ones are "modified" with the conVEX mirror and no longer use the flat piece of mirror.

2.6. This mirror is usually placed strategically facing the lamp post and usually just below the window level frame.

A. Another "ancient" method is based on this url:-http://www.geomancy.net/resources/art/arowanafish.htm

Under the above link: Para 2.

Quote from the above link:-

"Para 2.2 According to ancient Chinese, these Five Elements are interactive, shape and stimulate our daily life.

2.3 Under the productive cycle of Feng Shui, Water nourish plants and trees: producing Wood, Wood makes Fire which burnt into ashes to form Earth, Earth is the source of Metal. Metal can be condensed to water or can be melted into liquid i.e. `Water'.

2.4 Feng Shui utilizes the Five elements concept, also.

2.5 For example, assuming a specific house is at the ground floor and from the living room window, one can see a lamp post slicing through the window. Under Feng Shui, this is considered as a threat for the owners of the house and need to be neutralized.

2.6 Since the lamp post is tall and thin; even if it is made of metal or wood, it is still considered as a `tree?which is considered as the WOOD element.

B. If it cannot be seen, it no longer becomes a threat. This is where one uses a day curtain to partially screen-off the "threat". Or the use of a blind. But often, on the safe side, a conVEX mirror should be placed as an added security.

Master Cecil Lee, Geomancy.Net

• Staff

Further to what I had mentioned; this is another link to another "type" of ba gua mirror.

URL: http://forum.geomancy.net/phpforum/article.php?bid=2&fid=19&mid=25888&new=

Apparently, this version is the latest version that has both the conVEX mirror and the ba gua trigram together.

As mentioned, your purpose is to "deflect" or neutralise the sha qi from the street lamp. And it is not compulsory to add the ba gua trigram. As the main purpose of the ba gua trigram is to or suppose to "scare away evil spirits". That's all.

• 9 years later...
  • Staff

Related resource: Case Study 12: Lamp Posts, Pillars, Tree Trunks

https://www.geomancy.net/forums/topic/15313-reading-between-the-lines-of-the-sales-brochures/#comments

Summary of Case Studies in this article.

If the information is overwhelming. Pick and choose selective articles... 

1A & B: Common Rubbish Bin
2A & B: Interior unit Dry Walls
3: Fire at Heaven's Gate
4: Sha Qi or Poison Arrows from Club-house roof-lines
5: 3 Panel Sliding Doors at the Balcony
6: Drainage at the Balcony
7: Air-con Ledges
8: Mixed Developments + Cooling Towers
9: Termite infestations
10: Coffee-shop below or near to unit
11: Water tank at roof-top
12: Lamp Posts, Pillars, Tree Trunks
13: Spice Garden in an EC/condo
14: EC/condo Clubhouse
15A & B: Pneumatic Waste Collection System
16: Look closely at the development's scale model for clues
17: Buying a unit in a Mixed development
18: Survey or study facilities surrounding the development
19: Pump Room below a unit
20: 7 Commandments of Stove Placement
21: Is there a potential poison arrow from the neighbours?
22: Should I be concerned with a near-by temple, church, mosque &/or elder care?
23: Is the compass marking on the Sales Brochure accurate?
24: Sites reserved for Schools?
25: Doors face each other? [Main Door/Bedrooms]
26: Unit numbers with 4, 44 or 444 Okay?