About Feng Shui at Geomancy.Net
Sponsored Link

Why Sales/Marketing belongs to fire element?

I dont see why sales = fire elements. is it because sales is the front line of each company that always takes the beating first?

please advise

and is there any other fire elements related careers in addition to this http://www.geomancy.net/talknotes/talknotes.htm ?

Sponsored Link

• Staff

Jhony G. wrote:
I dont see why sales = fire elements. is it because sales is the front line of each company that always takes the beating first?

please advise

Just because you figure out that sales = front line takes the beating, first. Is something new to the Five Elements concept.

Please note that under the Five elements concept: Sales and Marketing belong to the fire element because: Fire element is the most VIBRANT and most YANG Qi. And not because you reasoned that a sales person needs to take the "heat".

Furthermore, Marketing people may not be at the front line. Many of them are high flyers and the marketing people has to be vibrant and most energetic. For example, a career in sales or marketing cannot be yin. Yin is slow, poor or dull activity which translate to say poor sales etc...

Jhony G. wrote:

and is there any other fire elements related careers in addition to this http://www.geomancy.net/talknotes/talknotes.htm ?

Please check the link again. The link does not only state sales people only as belonging to the fire element. In that link there are more careers mentioned.

Master Cecil Lee, Geomancy.Net

Master, Thank you for the explanation.

But how do you say if i have a career selling a computer software that I create.

I know that software in general is water.

But I only need to create one software and selling it a thousand times.

So it is all about sales/marketing the product at the end.

Does my career still consider water element or fire?

• Staff

1. In the past, a career is pretty straight forward: a butcher is a butcher, a merchant is a merchant.

2. Nowadays, we have the industry one works in e.g. Microsoft. And if one is a programmer, one's core function is say in IT (water). But if I am an accountant at MS, then my job function is metal.

3. Frankly, nowadays with multiskilling, we can be doing more than a single element task.

4. CEO? Perhaps his core taskis growth or strategic planning = wood element. So does not mean that he cannot interview or hire, or involved, in operations or accounting rite?

5. Thus there is always the industry one is in, one's main core JOB. Plus all of us have to perform other jobs, sometime or other. For a Marketing Director, he also has to recruit, sometime fire and evaluate his staff, involve in budgeting etc. BUT overall, his core area is marketing.

6. In your case, your principal task is to SELL, so your CORE role forNOW is sales.

• 7 years later...
  • Staff

In the field of Strategic Management:

There is:

1. The Industry one is in
2. One's CORE job function.

What's wrong with someone working in a Metal element industry e.g. Banking and finance or Wood element e.g. Investment

And one also is a Sales consultant = Fire element.

There is nothing wrong in a two combination interpretation. For example: Metal with Fire or Wood with Fire combinations.

In this sample "Mr Bazi's report" there is reference to each person:

1. Career with Wealth
2. Carrer with Power and Authority and
3. Other Suitable Careers.

Here, there is such a thing as working in an industry that gives that individual "Power and Authority" e.g. can rise to the highest rank in a specific industry.

Plus if the career follows the individuals "Career with Wealth" thus not only does this person has "Power and Authority" but also great wealth.

Extract of "Mr Ba Zi's sample report:-
5ac902f22fbdd_MrBaZiPart2_41.thumb.png.b58be7a01c66fa2b854f7a996b6c6937.png5ac902f81bf78_MrBaZiPart2_42.thumb.png.2a61c8000dd281ee0f7e4c2ea19135ce.png

Guest Please Advice

Hi master, thank you for ur reply. I've been advised that sales is under the water element. is it true ?

• 2 years later...

Hi there, 

would like to ask few questions about water elements for career,
1. From http://www.geomancy.net/talknotes/talknotes.htm, advertising falls under Water Elements. 
   I did few studies on some other websites, some categorize advertising under Fire elements and some under Water elements. 
   May i know which one is correct?

2. My job is outdoor advertising agency. To service client and also to take outdoor billboards photos. Which means i need travel around to take photos and to travel to client offices.
    Is this job falls under fire or water elements?

Thanks 

• Staff
On 1/21/2021 at 6:20 PM, Nic2021 said:

Hi there, 

would like to ask few questions about water elements for career,
1. From http://www.geomancy.net/talknotes/talknotes.htm, advertising falls under Water Elements. 
   I did few studies on some other websites, some categorize advertising under Fire elements and some under Water elements. 
   May i know which one is correct?

2. My job is outdoor advertising agency. To service client and also to take outdoor billboards photos. Which means i need travel around to take photos and to travel to client offices.
    Is this job falls under fire or water elements?

Thanks 

Frankly, there is no right or wrong answers. 

For example, this has more to do with one’s job function.

What is the element of a CEO? Just because this person is in charge of things like Finance Dept (Metal), Sales & Marketing (Fire) etc.  One has to look at this person’s core job function. That of your GROW the company. Thus the main element is WOOD.

If one’s job in an Advertising agency is for example a Google sales representative or reseller of it’s advert, then this is under the Fire element.

But, if the core job function is to come up with CREATIVE ADS, then it is classified as the Water element.

Tell me, does this makes sense?

A CEO of an Advertising agency, can instead be classified as a WOOD element.

In my opinion, yours is most likely that of a Water element.

If one had studied the field of Strategic Management and the works of Professor Michael Porter (Harvard); there is such a thing as 1. The Industry one is in. 2.A person’s job description.

Thus there is such a thing as the industry eg. Banking = Finance. And if one is a teller person in this Bank.

His/her job is FINANCE - Earth element.

so what’s wrong ... go ponder over this.

• 1 year later...
  • Staff

1. Generally, as a weak Fire, your favourable elements would likely be wood or fire. While unfavourable elements will be water, earth and metal element.

2. Exactly which elements you need more or less, depends on your ba zi five element percentage breakdown which is only known if you do a detailed ba zi review. For example, if your weak Fire is weak because you lack more wood (0%) than fire (5%), then wood is considered your most favourable, followed fire which is your next most favourable element. Same goes for the unfavourable element, the unfavourable element that you have the most, will be the most unfavourable followed by the least least unfavourable elements. 

3. From just the basic "weak Fire" info, we won't know exactly how much of the water element percentage you have in your charts. So can't tell whether it is the most unfavourable or least unfavourable element for fine tuning. 

4. However, there is a presence of Wood element, so Wood element in the healthcare job industry. The presence of a favourable element first helps to make your fire stronger. This way your weak fire will be strengthen already. 

5. So the presence of the Water element should then allow wood to convert some of the water into making wood stronger. This way it will reduce the impact of the Water being able to destroy the Fire element which weakens it.

6. So in that way it should reduce some of the unfavourable impact of the water element. However, since we do not know whether your water element is the most unfavourable or least unfavourable. We won't know if this is the most suitable element to have. If your water element for example if 50%, then that makes it likely a more unfavourable element, which you have too much already, so not the most suitable career job scope. However, if your water element is 5%, then that will make it a less unsuitable since the ideal is to have 20% of each element. Hence, having water jobs scope together with the Wood, will make it sutiable for you in order to balance your five elements.

7. So essentially, it is all about knowing what you need most. Ideally, without the five element percentage info, then the better type of job scope/job industry ideally would be more of Wood+Fire element, will be better. If you do know your actual five element percentage, then it will help you better fine tune what elements you need more or less.

8. So back to your question. In this case, as there is the presence of Wood element (one of your favourable element), the impact of the water being able to weaken your fire will be reduced, while the presence of water will enhance the water element. So in general, that should still be considered okay. If there is no wood element present, then just adding water alone will be bad for you.

Hope that helps.

Warmest Regards
Robert Lee