About Feng Shui at Geomancy.Net
Sponsored Link

Enquiry on Salt water cure

HI

2 years ago, I rented out my flat and lived with muy in-laws.I was ignorant about the disposal of salt water cure. I pour the water away, but kept the coins and bowl. I brought back the coins back to my in-laws' house and even washed it clean.

Now the tenant finshed the rental and my family now moved back. Only today did I stumble upon the correct disposal of the salt water cure in the internet. I intend to dispose tonight the coins and the container.

But the two years were terrible luck. My mother-in-law was diagnosed with cancer and passed away and there were lots of disputes.

1) Come to think of it, is it because of the coins and the container? I felt terribly guilty about bringing bad luck to my family. How do I reverse the effect?

2) But the coins were "Kai Guang " before, so is it ok to just dispose in the bin outside?

Sponsored Link

• Staff

Yes, if the coins were used in a salt water cure especially meant to neutralise #5; under general custom or belief; it is best to throw away the coins especially if was "Kai Guang" for that purpose.

For disposal, best to wrap it in a white envelope or wrap in a used newspaper and throw it into a bin.

For example; drawing a parallel; for the flower-bathe thing to ward off further bad luck; after bathing, and flower bathe; the flowers and lime has to be thrown away. And it is recommended that one do not enter the toilet for the next 2 hours or so.

There are lots of other parallel cases; of such nature. And don't worry, so long as it does not remain in the home; that is fine. When one has the time; check out past forum messages.. something like Haig Road ... etc...

Anonymous wrote:

HI

2 years ago, I rented out my flat and lived with muy in-laws.I was ignorant about the disposal of salt water cure. I pour the water away, but kept the coins and bowl. I brought back the coins back to my in-laws' house and even washed it clean.

Now the tenant finshed the rental and my family now moved back. Only today did I stumble upon the correct disposal of the salt water cure in the internet. I intend to dispose tonight the coins and the container.

But the two years were terrible luck. My mother-in-law was diagnosed with cancer and passed away and there were lots of disputes.

1) Come to think of it, is it because of the coins and the container? I felt terribly guilty about bringing bad luck to my family. How do I reverse the effect?

2) But the coins were "Kai Guang " before, so is it ok to just dispose in the bin outside?

Master Cecil Lee, Geomancy.Net

• Staff

This was one of the links, I mentioned .....

http://forum.geomancy.net/phpforum/article.php?bid=2&fid=1&mid=27838&new=

Posted in: Discuss :: Free Advice (General Feng Shui)
Posted on: Thu, 25 Feb 2010, 14:18 PM,

These are some considerations:-

1. Feng Shui cannot be done by remote control. For example, moving to a new home say in US; does not affect things that happen in Singapore (sorry to hear about your brother's demise).

2. Feng Shui or one of it's major schools: Compass School comprising the Eight House and Flying Star are both compass based. However, in real life situations; some other forms of magnetic influence can over-ride the Feng Shui.

2.1. For example, in real life situations, there are indeed cases of hauntings. Where, part of a geomancer's occupational hazard is to meet such things once a while. For example, our tools like the Luo Pan with it's compass needle will spin around...

2.2. Around 8 years ago, one gentlemen called me up and asked me to Feng Shui his home in Haig Road: one of the blocks and he was staying at 2nd storey. His flat was converted from 3 rooms to a 6 room flat by the government. And this flat was vacant for around 1 year. The old owners left two green Chi Lin (Two Fu Dogs figurines) and one Quan Yin (Goddness of Mercy) figurine in the home.

2.3. This new owner had no heart to throw these three figurines away ... and decided to house it in a display cabinet looking towards the main entrance door area.

2.4. He has young children. And he said that when he moved in; his two children often got dreams of being suffocated (or suffocation). And his eyes ... have those "dark rings" ... not those cosmetic ones but those having had a house posessed sort of thing.

2.5. Originally he thought that it was due to someone commiting suicide and falling down and hit the head against the concrete railing just before his main entrance door area.

3. Actually, it was someone who had died at a funeral at the void deck; and this person; chose to live in the vacant home (1 year vacant). And this family of four came to "trespass" in his new home. This entity hid in the Quan Yin figurine.

4. In the past, I have mentioned that there were other situations where such entities does hid in vases etc...

5. If in doubt never bring home any antique furniture - if we don't really know it's history or especially photos and glass crystals.

6. Drawing a parallel from what you had written; although the items are of sentimental value of sort; unless one is able to "check" these items to see if they are clean or not; it is very hard to guess whether if any such objects bring bad luck or not.

7. In the past, another case in mind was: government wants back the land; grave had to be exhumed; the grave digger found skeleton and a black button. The grave digger gave it to the grandson who is only 5 years old and was present at the grave... After doing so; the grandson cried continously.. and ritual was done .. and everything went back to normal. ..

8. In your case; to reduce the string of problems; the most common Chinese custom is:-

8.1. Seriously consider not holding at all any belongings of your brother. Best method is to wrap items in clean newspaper and dispose of the items in the regular trash bins. Best not to give these items away.

8.2. Purchase assorted flowers and if possible 3 limes - cut in 4 quarters (last resort is lemon x 3), get e.g. a plastic bowl. For all family members especially yourself and your partner; after bathing, pour the water with the assorted flowers and 3 limes EACH. You can collect the items and discard them.

8.3 Avoid going into the bathroom for the NEXT THREE hours.

8.4 Best is that the male breadwinner do it one say Day 1; and then female person next day or at least 5 hours later if the same bathroom are used.

8.5 Best timing for this activity is between 7am to 9am and 11am to 1pm. If working do this on a non-working day especially Saturday or Sunday.

(Not necessary for your son or daughter).

8.6 If need be, repeat this flower bathe one more time - one month later.

8.7 This time round - it would be nice if the flower bathing activity (NICE-to-do) on a full moon day or on the 1st or 15th lunar day of the month.

8.8 Hopefully when your brother "passed away"; he was not hand-cuffed by the police. (Even after death). It is good that relatives in Singapore could approach a temple in Singapore. In my opinion; by far the better temple is the Quan Yin temple at Queens Street - (Godess of Mercy). Family members there should direclty buy the flowers and lime from that temple to do this flower bathe exercise in Singapore. Of course - this option is not applicable given the distance between US and SGP.

9. For those who have an altar at home; a Chinese Luo Pan can be placed "hidden" below the altar or altar drawer immediately below the figuirine (but the needle alignment unfortunately should be done by an expert). Some place the luo pan vertical but again - must seek advise from an expert as it is far more trickly with the vertical placement.