About Feng Shui at Geomancy.Net
Sponsored Link

Sleeping position

myfs_147589

Sponsored Link

• Staff

Yes, usually sleeping with legs facing a window opening to the Chinese is considered inauspicious: "coffin position".

From a commonsense approach; it depends.

For example, if one lives in a low floor e.g. 1st or 2nd floor in some instances some pervert may accidentally see one's underwear etc...

The most common fix is to draw down the curtain; covering the portion, of the legs. For a condo, have to check if an opaque film can be placed onto the glass panel.

On 1/10/2011 3:42:45 PM, Anonymous wrote:
Hi master lee, would need ur
advice whether sleeping with
legs pointed to a window
require any fengshui
correction? Thanks.

Master Cecil Lee, Geomancy.Net

Hi master lee, tks for ur point. Further question with regards to sleeping position, which is the better sleeping position, sleeping at in front of bedroom door (bed is perpendicular to the entrance) or sleeping with legs pointed to the window? If u are in my position, what will u do? Believe both can be corrected by some means. And I guess for bed located in front of door, ppl usually put partition board to block the direct view of bed. Tks...

• Staff

For such questions, it is best to draw a simple sketch: "a pic tells a thous... words..".

On 1/10/2011 11:40:49 PM, Anonymous wrote:
Hi master lee, tks for ur
point. Further question with
regards to sleeping position,
which is the better sleeping
position, sleeping at in front
of bedroom door (bed is
perpendicular to the entrance)
or sleeping with legs pointed
to the window? If u are in my
position, what will u do?
Believe both can be corrected
by some means. And I guess for
bed located in front of door,
ppl usually put partition
board to block the direct view
of bed. Tks...

Hi Master Lee,
Here is the layout of my bedroom.
Bed 1 is located directly infront of door, bed position #2 will have legs pointed to window.
fyi, my hdb is EM and outside the window is a empty field (no adjacent block).
Appreciate your advice. tks!

On 1/11/2011 5:54:25 AM, Anonymous wrote:
For such questions, it is best to draw a
simple sketch: "a pic tells a thous...
words..".On 1/10/2011 11:40:49 PM, Lin
Tan wrote:
Hi master lee, tks for ur
point. Further question with
regards to sleeping position,
which is the better sleeping
position, sleeping at in front
of bedroom door (bed is
perpendicular to the entrance)
or sleeping with legs pointed
to
the window? If u are in my
position,
what will u do?
Believe both can be
corrected
by some means. And I guess
for
bed located in front of door,
ppl usually put partition
board
to block the direct view
of bed.
Tks...

Dear master lee, tks so much for ur review. Actually we did consider position 3 but the position 3 will have our head pointing to east which is bad direction for Kua 8. Position 2 also bad (south) but it is minor bad for kua 8. Position 1 is our best direction (west)... Tat's why I was in dilema. Need ur enlightenment... Tks..

• Staff

-Please consider these:
1. Sometimes, it may not be necessarily to get 100 marks for the theory test.
2. I always mentioned about the "Holy Trinity" of luck:
2.1. Heaven Luck = bazi or born with
2.2. Earth Luck = feng shui
2.3. Human or Man Luck = relations and even "feel good or uncomfortable" factor.
3. Many people, don't have good Heaven Luck nor Earth Luck but what they have plenty is the Human or Man Luck or feel positive or good factor.
3.1. Thus some don't havea fantastic home but have positive Human or Man luck factors. Such people can easily transcend over Earth Luck.
4. The true test of how comfortable or uncomfortable lies with the individual thus it can be very subjective: Some really don't feel good at postion 1; so why "force" them? This category may include someone asked to sleep at position 1; but too shy to say that they don't like say position 1.
5. Once someone, don't feel good about something... this is already a disadvantage.
6. But of course, some really don't mind sleeping at position 1; then most likely these people can benefit from that sector.

On 1/11/2011 11:12:19 AM, Anonymous wrote:
Dear master lee, tks so much
for ur review. Actually we did
consider position 3 but the
position 3 will have our head
pointing to east which is bad
direction for Kua 8. Position
2 also bad (south) but it is
minor bad for kua 8. Position
1 is our best direction
(west)... Tat's why I was in
dilema. Need ur
enlightenment... Tks..

• Staff

These are some of the considerations:- (Please refer to attachment)
1. Without considering the Eight House (4 Good / Bad - best bedhead directions) based on this concept;
2. From a Shapes and Forms point of view:-
2.1. Usually, based purely on a Shapes and Forms point of view; Postion 3 (marked in red as "Post 3") is often the most neutral or best placement.
2.2. Postion 3: In the army tactics; this is considered the best position: especially, from the bed, we can immediately see who comes into the bedroom door.
2.3. In my opinion, instictively; if you ask a survey of 100 persons; how they would place their bed-head in this bedroom; and I feel or think the majority would or may or could (should) choose Postion 3 or Post 3.
3. In some Fung Sway books, some would illustrate that it is no good to sleep in position 2; as one does not have a full view of the bedroom door. And some books may or would illustrate something like someone stealthly into the room holding an imagined knife and catching the person unawares! Worse if it a pair of love-birds on the bed; literally caught with their pants down!
3.1. Other than what was mentioned under Para 3; the sleeping direction under Position 2 may suit someone based on their eight house bed-head direction - generally, if so, OK.
4. Hmmm.. Position 2.
4.1. From a Shapes and Forms Feng Shui point of view; the main concern is the bedroom door. Inadvertenly it may slice thru the bed = considered inauspicious.
4.2. In my opinion, I consider this Position 2; FOR A TODDLER or a child; the "hearts and mind with parents" case. Why?
4.3. For us "normal" adults; we often would choose Position 1 or 2. But hardly choose Position 3; not just because the wardrope is sharing Position 3's bed-head but rather.. we are simply "normal" adults... sorry.. I am saying that if you choose Position 3; you are not "normal".
4.4. Adding a twist to this; actually for Postion 3:
4.5. Based on child psychology, often, I have the opportunity to ask a child; and some children; because they were "just" kicked out of their parents bedroom.
4.6 You see, they were sleeping with their parents all the while and their parents have decided that their child should now have their own bedroom.
4.7. Here, if you can imagine; the child might choose Position 3! Why? Because, although they were phscially kicked out of say their parents room (imagine if it is bedroom 3 in this layout); by sleeping at position 3; they can still see the parents room door (even if it is closed) and the child may feel that position 3; their hearts and mind is closest to their parents.
5. Sorry for the distraction: I clearly remember this case:
Parents; 3 children: 2 girls 1 boy. All sleeping on the 2nd storey of their home. Parents has a 3rd storey and wanted to give the junior master bedroom located at the 3rd storey. They wanted to give their only precious son his big bedroom.
The timid son says "daddy and mummy" you don't want me anymore? You want to kick me out to 3rd storey?
6. I hope your bed-head position is not similiar to those children cases I quoted *JOKE* cheers!

On 1/11/2011 10:09:10 AM, Anonymous wrote:
Hi Master Lee, Here is the layout of my
bedroom. Bed 1 is located directly
infront of door, bed position #2 will
have legs pointed to window. fyi, my hdb
is EM and outside the window is a empty
field (no adjacent block). Appreciate
your advice. tks!On 1/11/2011 5:54:25
AM, Cecil Lee wrote:
For such
questions, it is best to draw a
simple sketch: "a pic tells a
thous...
words..".On 1/10/2011
11:40:49 PM, Lin
Tan wrote:
Hi
master lee, tks for ur
point.
Further question with
regards to
sleeping position,
which is the
better sleeping
position,
sleeping at in front
of bedroom
door (bed is
perpendicular to
the entrance)
or sleeping with
legs pointed
to
the window? If u
are in my
position,
what will u
do?
Believe both can be
corrected
by some means. And I
guess
for
bed located in front
of door,
ppl usually put
partition
board
to block the
direct view
of bed.
Tks...

Dear master lee, tks so much for ur pragmatic advices. After discussion with my partner, we decide to opt for position 2 (legs point to window) and we will keep the curtain down while sleeping. Tks for ur recommendation. Btw, as u pointed out correctly, there will be a corner with stagnant qi. We are thinking to put side table and permanent light on tat corner. Is it sufficient to mitigate the stagnant qi effect? Look forward for ur advice. Tks.

• Staff

1. In most instances; where space permits; such "stagnant qi" areas are often "reserved" for a wardrope cupboard - as an example.
2. However, if one say; were to turn on a fan or an air-con; then even if one sleeps just anywhere in a bedroom; there is no issue as a fan would often circulate air towards that "stagnant" area.
3. I am not proposing that one turns on an air-con all the time - as this is not green and for some; may not quite stomach the hight utility bills.
4. Actually, contrary to popular belief; with regards to the ceiling fan:-
4.1. In Singapore; many who stay in a landed property are "smart" enough to install them; and often take advantage of their home's high ceiling to install the fans in every area e.g. living room; and all bedrooms.
4.2. However, the middle class; especially those staying in Housing Board and even many condos; have the silly idea that specially; if they were to installa fan; perhaps they have the wrong premonition that the fan will drop onto them or their family. Or have read that the fan is like a weight lifter's weigh that presses down on their body.
5. Overall, the ceiling fan is still the most economical and most effective method of circulating air in any room. This is even vs those or moststanding fans.
6. Frankly, who cares of what others think!

On 1/15/2011 6:38:16 PM, Anonymous wrote:
Dear master lee, tks so much
for ur pragmatic advices.
After discussion with my
partner, we decide to opt for
position 2 (legs point to
window) and we will keep the
curtain down while sleeping.
Tks for ur recommendation.
Btw, as u pointed out
correctly, there will be a
corner with stagnant qi. We