About Feng Shui at Geomancy.Net
Sponsored Link

Color for main gate and main door

myfs_147589

Dear Mr Lee, i have one burning question on the color for the main gate and main wooden door. My main door is facing south. I read thru some note that it is impt to paint the door according to facing direction to enhance flow of chi into the house. However, south is a bad direction for kua no 7(male), by painting the door according to south direction, will it encourage flow of negative chi to our house? As south is a bad direction for both Me and fiance. Tks So much.. Hope to get it reply. Tks.

Sponsored Link

• Staff

A. COLOUR OF THE MAIN GATE:-

1. Frankly, in my opinion, in modern times; this type of thinking is like "stone age" ideas.
2. For sure, if you are living in Singapore, I can assure that I have literally walked thru so many various landed property estates: in the East, North-East, West, NW, Central/Southetc..
3. I have yet to come across "multi" coloured in particular: the main gate.
4. I have yet to come across a blood or maroon red main gate nor a blue coloured one nor a bright yellow (unless it is a temple).
B. COLOUR OF THE MAIN DOOR:-

5. However, for the main door, yes, colours are considered.
6. Many geomancers in Singapore; felt that Singapore island is in the "south" e.g. South or tip of once a member of West Malaysia.
7. Thus, here, it quite similar to your home facing south; geomancers thus say that a white or off-white main door is the "best" overall (general) colour.
8. In general; a wood door e.g. in any range of wood tones are fine. For example, if one stays in a condo; there were times where a subsidary proprietor (tenant) tired to change the colour or the door; but was told to replace back the same design main door. Thus, for condos; there is restriction.
9. Therefore, if the main door is of wood range e.g. maple wood colour, pine wood, teak wood, cherry wood, oak wood and other wood tones.. it is considered neutral.
9.1 On the practical side; such doors are easy to maintain; and the natural oil on our hands, will not do much 'damage" if any - constant usage of the door. Many of such doors can easily be re-oiled or varnished.
9.2 In the future, should one sell the home; a wooden door or main door would be neutral. Rather than a door painted in blue or yellow or red. Anyway, if stained or painted, can be repainted. White doors, often after a few months; marks or stains can be seen close to the door knob area.
10. Thus, if you not using bold colours like blue, red, yellow, green; then should plot out the Flying Star chart and check whether that sector is suitable or not. For example, if the sector has a Water Star #3; then best not to paint the main door GREEN.

On 2/24/2011 12:04:30 PM, Anonymous wrote:
Dear Mr Lee, i have one
burning question on the color
for the main gate and main
wooden door. My main door is
facing south. I read thru some
note that it is impt to paint
the door according to facing
direction to enhance flow of
chi into the house. However,
south is a bad direction for
kua no 7(male), by painting