About Feng Shui at Geomancy.Net
Sponsored Link

House facing or main door? Confusion

Hello. I'm rather new here and appreciate any help.
Here is the story. If you see the attached file I do live in a semidetached 2-story house, in the left (pink) side. The compass reading is following (but not sure if I found the center correctly):
-

when taken from the center point of the house to the main door 255 W, but
-
from the frontage about 210 SW
I assume that the red side is the facing of the house because there is the living room on that side, more light come from here, I can see the road from here, etc.even though this wall doesn't consist the main door.
According to the Eight House Theory report I'm an East person (kan). I'm not sure if it speaks about main door location or house facing but anyway both W and SW are my worst location (disaster and death). In short, it seems the house is not good at all.
Understanding these facts I consider if it wouldn't be better for me to move to the right (blue) side of the house but I'm confused if it might help or not.
The facing of the house is probably the same as above, but the main door, when compass reading is done from the center point of the house shows around 165 S. There's also a possibility to change the main door to the yellow A wall but I wouldn't be able to reconstruct it during the next year because of the Grand Duke position here in 2012. Anyway changing the main door location won't probably change the house facing.
Do you think that moving to the right (blue) side with S or SE main door orientation might help me?
The other question is, we changed all the roofing the last year but the roof is flat so there wasn't any opening, just a new covering was placed. Can I consider the house to be an 8 period house or not? Thank you very much.

Sponsored Link

• Staff

Part 1:
Please see my comments in red, below:-
Here is the story. If you see the attached file I do live in a semidetached 2-story house, in the left (pink) side. The compass reading is following (but not sure if I found the center correctly):
-

when taken from the center point of the house to the main door 255 W, but
-
from the frontage about 210 SW
You should use 210 SW instead of 255W when applying Flying Star Feng Shui.
I assume that the red side is the facing of the house because there is the living room on that side, more light come from here, I can see the road from here, etc.even though this wall doesn't consist the main door.
Based on what you had mentioned above; and if there are no "wide open" spaces at the other three sides as compared to the red side; then most likely, the red side could be the facing direction. Unless, other sides e.g. the verandah side opens to wide area and e.g. open fields etc...
According to the Eight House Theory report I'm an East person (kan). I'm not sure if it speaks about main door location or house facing but anyway both W and SW are my worst location (disaster and death). In short, it seems the house is not good at all.
Frankly, unless one builts a home from scratch; in many instances, one's good sector (s) may fall into worst location e.g. bedroom falls in your death or disaster sector.
But frankly, if one has already purchased a home and can't change the location of the bedrooms; then this is considered as NICE-to and not a must-have to sleep in a good sector.
Also, even if the sector(s) is not our best sector; one can see if one can try to have our head face a good direction.

Understanding these facts I consider if it wouldn't be better for me to move to the right (blue) side of the house but I'm confused if it might help or not.
Frankly, this is extreme Feng Shui. As it is Nice-to move to the right but often fool-hardy to do so.

Master Cecil Lee, Geomancy.Net

• Staff

Part 2:
From the sketch, it is hard to tell whether the "verandah" is a living space or at 2nd storey.
But if there is no living space just below this verandah, then may have to exclude it when determining the centrepoint of the home.
Thus your centrepoint may move closer to the middle of the rectangle.
And treat the verandah area as a protusion. However, if there are living spaces as you had drawn with the proposed change of door direction; then what you had determined the centre of gravity is OK.
The facing of the house is probably the same as above, but the main door, when compass reading is done from the center point of the house shows around 165 S. There's also a possibility to change the main door to the yellow A wall but I wouldn't be able to reconstruct it during the next year because of the Grand Duke position here in 2012. Anyway changing the main door location won't probably change the house facing.
Do you think that moving to the right (blue) side with S or SE main door orientation might help me?
From my many observations; there are two sides of the coin when changing the main door e.g. to A from the current position:
1. This is often temporary as ultimately, if we were to apply Flying Star Feng Shui, it is often still best to consider the brightest side as the facing direction. Thus most likely, the red zone.
2. Changing to fit the eight-house is considered "peanuts" or less of a ranking than Flying Star Feng Shui.
And sometimes, say sealing the main door e.g. if it is at the red zone area may affect the Feng Shui (Flying Star) if the opening is sealed completely: Is this red zone still become the facing direction especially if there are lesser openings at this area. For example, if the main entrance consists of two huge similiar sized doors and say sealing it up (other than replacing with wide windows) may affect the way one applys the Flying Star - is this still the facing direction?
The other question is, we changed all the roofing the last year but the roof is flat so there wasn't any opening, just a new covering was placed. Can I consider the house to be an 8 period house or not?
Based on your description, most ikely not if just a new covering was placed.

Thank you. I can understand it much better now. Just to make it clear, the veranda is just in the first floor, it's not a living part, so I moved the house center in my picture.
Rooms in the first floor-

facing side: living room; sitting side: bathroom and kitchen
Rooms in the second floor-
facing side left: my room (red rectangle 1 in the picture), facing side right: parents bedroom; sitting side: more like a store room
I did these interpretace (house period 7, SW 210 facing)
S 5-9-BS2 even though my longevity it is the worst area (sickness, injury, death)
SE 9-5-BS6 (according to 8 House Theory my prosperity) also bad area (assume that strong fire 9 makes strong earth 5 much stronger so even strong metal 6 is not enough)
E 8-6-BS5 (my health) rather bad or average area (not sure if the strong metal 6 can overpower strong earth 5)
NE 4-1-BS1 education, romance - good area
N 6-8-BS3 rather bad or average area (not sure how to interpret this metal-earth-wood meeting)
NW 2-3-BS8 - excellent area (do believe that strong earth 8 overpowers the 2-3 conflict combination)
W 3-2-BS9 probably bad area
SW 7-7-BS4 probably average
Center - average area
The result is:
1) the facing of the house is in my death area (good for my parents, they're both west types)
2) the death line intersects my bed
3) my parents bedroom is located in the worst area of the house
I do have some health problems, as well my mother. I am thinking if it wouldn't be better for me to move at least to the room 2 (N and NE) area. I'd like to do something to help my family. Don't you have any basic suggestion? I would add some metal to my parents bedroom. I wonder what else I could do?

• Staff

It is good that you have understood the major concepts. And re-adjusted the center-of-gravity by not taking into consideration the veranda. This good.
As for the internal changes; generally you have acceptable understanding of the concepts.
As far, as this forum goes, firstly we don't go deep into the internal organs especially just looking on a very rough sketch. There are things like doors, windows, purely the actual layout.
Therefore, it is up to you to try and maximize or work out the layout based on all the concepts that you had understood.

On 8/30/2011 7:05:17 AM, Anonymous wrote:
Thank you. I can understand it
much better now. Just to make
it clear, the veranda is just
in the first floor, it's not a
living part, so I moved the
house center in my picture.
Rooms in the first floor-
facing side: living room;
sitting side: bathroom and
kitchenRooms in the second
floor-
facing side left:
my room (red rectangle 1 in
the picture), facing side
right: parents bedroom;
sitting side: more like a
store roomI did these
interpretace (house period 7,
SW 210 facing)S 5-9-BS2 even
though my longevity it is the
worst area (sickness, injury,
death)SE 9-5-BS6 (according to
8 House Theory my prosperity)
also bad area (assume that
strong fire 9 makes strong
earth 5 much stronger so even
strong metal 6 is not enough)E
8-6-BS5 (my health) rather bad
or average area (not sure if
the strong metal 6 can
overpower strong earth 5)NE
4-1-BS1 education, romance -
good areaN 6-8-BS3 rather bad
or average area (not sure how
to interpret this
metal-earth-wood meeting)NW
2-3-BS8 - excellent area (do
believe that strong earth 8
overpowers the 2-3 conflict
combination)W 3-2-BS9 probably
bad areaSW 7-7-BS4 probably
averageCenter - average
areaThe result is: 1) the
facing of the house is in my
death area (good for my
parents, they're both west
types)2) the death line
intersects my bed3) my parents
bedroom is located in the
worst area of the houseI do
have some health problems, as
well my mother. I am thinking
if it wouldn't be better for
me to move at least to the
room 2 (N and NE) area. I'd
like to do something to help
my family. Don't you have any
basic suggestion? I would add
some metal to my parents
bedroom. I wonder what else I
could do?

I know there are so many factors we need to consider.
I can understand that the best is when according both, The Eight House Theory and The Flying Star Feng Shui the area is auspicious but I think it's just a dream to find such a match. What to do if there's a difference? For example according to The Eight Theory the area is "prosperity" but according to The Flying Star FS the same place is very inauspicious? Can I still make a bedroom here? On the contrary the place is located in the disaster area but it's very auspicious according to the Flying Star?
The Flying Star FS works with the facing but The Eight House Theory works with the main door, right? If you see the picture, the house there may have 1 facing with 3 different main door quality (SW, S or SE). Even the entering qi is the same I may get different houses because door 1 may be in death, door 2 in longevity and door 3 in prosperity, right?
I understand that:
1) Place should meet The Shape and Form FS (even a house with a wonderful FS near a cemetery with an irregular plot of land is bad)
2) House should be of an favourable element according to Ba zi (want to strengthen the missing or weak element, right?)
3) Facing should be in the favorable direction because the entering qi effects all the place inside
4) Main door should be located in a favourable area according to The Eight House Theory
5) All the bedrooms should be located in a favourable area according to The Eight House or The Flying Star?
6) Bed position, sitting position while working/study should meet The Eight House Theory favourable direction and shape and form
7) Inauspicious stars need to be cured

• Staff

Please refer to attachment:
Under Flying Star Feng Shui; and even Eight House Feng Shui;
what is the difference between:
standing at:-
A looking out towards B
C towards D
E towards F
G towards H
I towards J?
Additional Resources:-
Eight House or Flying Star

On 8/31/2011 4:24:49 PM, Anonymous wrote:
I know there are so many
factors we need to consider. I
can understand that the best
is when according both, The
Eight House Theory and The
Flying Star Feng Shui the area
is auspicious but I think it's
just a dream to find such a
match. What to do if there's a
difference? For example
according to The Eight Theory
the area is "prosperity" but
according to The Flying Star
FS the same place is very
inauspicious? Can I still make
a bedroom here? On the
contrary the place is located
in the disaster area but it's
very auspicious according to
the Flying Star?The Flying
Star FS works with the facing
but The Eight House Theory
works with the main door,
right? If you see the picture,
the house there may have 1
facing with 3 different main
door quality (SW, S or SE).
Even the entering qi is the
same I may get different
houses because door 1 may be
in death, door 2 in longevity
and door 3 in prosperity,
right?I understand that:1)
Place should meet The Shape
and Form FS (even a house with
a wonderful FS near a cemetery
with an irregular plot of land
is bad)2) House should be of
an favourable element
according to Ba zi (want to
strengthen the missing or weak
element, right?)3) Facing
should be in the favorable
direction because the entering
qi effects all the place
inside4) Main door should be
located in a favourable area
according to The Eight House
Theory5) All the bedrooms
should be located in a
favourable area according to
The Eight House or The Flying
Star? 6) Bed position, sitting
position while working/study
should meet The Eight House
Theory favourable direction
and shape and form 7)
Inauspicious stars need to be
cured

On 8/31/2011 4:51:59 PM, Anonymous wrote:
Please refer to attachment:Under Flying
Star Feng Shui; and even Eight House
Feng Shui;what is the difference
between:standing at:-A looking out
towards BC towards DE towards FG towards
HI towards J?
If you mean compass reading, I think it's plus minus the same but there might be a difference in what you see. It's better to see something nice when you leave the house.
I'd prefer to have a bedroom in a sitting part of the house because I assume it's more quit and more suitable for sleeping. On the other hand I'd like have a living room in more yang and lighter area regardless the Eight House Theory or the Flying Star FS.
From my point of view Feng Shui is like gardening. I do imagine qi like soil, house like a garden and people like seeds. These seeds differ in needs, some need more shade, some more water, etc. to be able to grow healthy and prosper. According to the Eight House Theory we assume that west type of seeds and east type of seeds grow better in some fixed parts of the garden but in contrast with the Flying Star FS we do not consider the weather and pests at all...