About Feng Shui at Geomancy.Net
Sponsored Link

Where to place altar table for Mom's tablet?

myfs_150876

I'm looking for some kind advise on where to place the altar table for my mom's tablet at home.
Highligted some possible spots as shown in the picture attachment:-
A) Beside balcony, faces an opposite wall behind. No sun.
B) At the entrance of hallway but I think with the altar table it will cramp up the hallway entrace (9.0m width).
C) Facing hallway & bedroom entrances, which is not good I think.
I think A) would be the best place with the constraints. Pls advise on the above and do let me know if there are any other better positions for this.
Also, do you have any idea where to get a good selection of altar tables?
Appreciate any help.

Sponsored Link

• Staff

A) Beside balcony, faces an opposite wall behind. No sun.

Technically may not have sun. But often, since the earth axis is tilted, sometimes every six months, there may be a possibility the sun may shine in. From the attachment, one can perhaps screen the sun at zone highlighted in green. If so, this is OK.
B) At the entrance of hallway but I think with the altar table it will cramp up the hallway entrace (9.0m width).
Technically CORRECT. But rather ridiculous and not practical!
C) Facing hallway & bedroom entrances, which is not good I think.
Yeap, this is the worst. As it is inauspicious for the altar to face the bedrooms (entrances).
Please see attachment. The best location is marked in red as "D". As you had mentioned that the cabinets will not be for shoes (as you has a shoe cabinet next to the main entrance). Overall, "D" should be the better position.

Master Cecil Lee, Geomancy.Net

Master Cecil Lee, Geomancy.Net

For A), we have not noticed that the direct sun rays in the late afternoon never ever reach within the house for the past few years. And yes, we do have a blind (at the green) area is that drawn down on days while we are at work. Is it ok, when the sun rays only reach the balcony floor area when the blinds are up during the weekends while we are at home?
For D), that was initially the first choice thought but there's already a floor to ceiling cabinet built in.
Had thought of altering the existing cabinet, but the costs is not worth getting it re-done and moreover need to take into consideration of "best-followed" altar dimensions and height. Also the dept is quite shallow thus creating a cramp feeling if we alter the existing cabinet by cutting out a center portion.
So it looks like A) is the most practical choice; is there anything I can do to further improve the placement of the altar is the location?
Btw, I had a had time finding a good selection of altar tables no wider than 27" especially fully solid wood ones. If you know of any places where I could scout around for that would be greatly appreciated.

• Staff

1. In this case, given that you might not want to redo the cabinet at A; then based on this decision; "D" is by the best choice. While the other option at the corridor is definitely not practical or close to being ridiculous based the layout plan.
2. Sorry, my principle is never endorse shops specific to Feng Shui items. Always bring along a ruler or better still a Feng Shui ruler when buying an altar. The easiest is to make sure that the top and bottom measurements are all in RED for altar.
3. Usually the top markings are for Yang or for the living.
4. While the lower markings on the Feng Shui ruler is for the dead or deity.
5. Thus for an altar, it MUST best be the harmony of both Yin and Yang.
6. Standard height for any altar: 125cm to 128cm. If a piece of glass is to be placed on the altar, then go for 125cm.
Width depends on your needs: 18cm to 23cm or 40cm to 43cm or 59.5cm to 69cm
Length: 41cm to 43cm or 59.5cm to 69cm or 71cm or 89cm or 107cm or 148cm
7. Often if one is placing a deity e.g. Guan Yin or other deity, one can purchase a Luopan and place it horizontally below such a deity "to increase it's stength. Placing it vertically behind the Guan Yin (needs expert help so don't ever place vertical unless it is via a Geomancer) For an ancestor table, Para 7 does not apply.

On 8/30/2011 11:27:51 AM, Anonymous wrote:
For A), we have not noticed
that the direct sun rays in
the late afternoon never ever
reach within the house for the
past few years. And yes, we do
have a blind (at the green)
area is that drawn down on
days while we are at work. Is
it ok, when the sun rays only
reach the balcony floor area
when the blinds are up during