About Feng Shui at Geomancy.Net
Sponsored Link

Missing elements bazi: Some say that in case of missing (no affinity to certain) elements, one should consider strengthening one of the element in my bazi (yong shen = earth) instead of the favorable element. Is this true?

Dear Master Cecil,
my bazi has only 3 elements (wood, fire, earth) with no metal and water. There are different opinions on the strength of my main wood element.
In case it is strong, my favorable elements would be fire or metal with earth as wealth element, while in case it is weak, my favorable elements should be water or wood.
Some say that in case of missing (no affinity to certain) elements, one should consider strengthening one of the element in my bazi (yong shen = earth) instead of the favorable element. Is this true?
Please correct me if I'm wrong.
Thank you and best regards,

Sponsored Link

• Staff

A proper ba zi report will have a breakdown of that individual's Percentage of Five Elements throughout his life.
For a Chinese, with a new born. Often a parent or grandparent may go to a geomancer.
A geomancer would work out that new born's Mandarin (Chinese) name based on this overall chart. Please see attachment.
Every ten year's often the Five element's percentage may change. For example, when the child is 13 to 22 years old, his percentages may change.
One of the key uses is to look at any health concerns.
For example: Fire represents: heart and brain. Thus, when this child is 13 to 22 years old, there is a high of fire element at 43 percent. (When born only 27 percent).
Thus for this person, at this age may have to be careful of health concerns relating especially to the heart and brain area.
Therefore, if you say you have no metal and water; I assume that you refer to the attached chart to deduce that you may perhaps have 0 percent metal and water.
But as mentioned, every 10 years, this may change.
Again in the above example, at age 13 to 22, this person lacks or have minimal Metal element 2 percent and Wood only 7 percent. While perhaps it is true that his overall chart (when born or overall chart) has 0 percent of earth.
But at age 13 to 22, he has sufficient earth. Thus based on your question, it is not true that one should automatically strengthen with earth for every situation.

On 3/14/2012 4:06:42 AM, Anonymous wrote:
Dear Master Cecil,my bazi has
only 3 elements (wood, fire,
earth) with no metal and
water. There are different
opinions on the strength of my
main wood element.In case it
is strong, my favorable
elements would be fire or
metal with earth as wealth
element, while in case it is
weak, my favorable elements