About Feng Shui at Geomancy.Net
Sponsored Link

Richard Webster's Feng Shui for Beginners

Pedru

I'm writing from Portugal. Feng Shui is not very developed in my country. you can find some books in specialized bookstores, but you don't have much to choose from, and that is why i ask you if you have heard of a book by Richard Webster called "Feng Shui for Beginners", by Llewellyn Publications. It seemed to me that it could be a good guide for a beginner, like me.
In case you know it, I would appreciate some advise.
Plus, I would like to know if there are any reliable web sites (besides yours) from which I can extract more information on Feng Shui.
Thank you very much.

Sponsored Link

• Staff

Dear Pedro,
Currently, there are quite alot books on Feng Shui. I have not heard of Richard Webster. It is great to hear that you found his books good reading for beginners. This would be of help to users in this forum wanting to buy one for the beginners.
Generally, Feng Shui books can be classified as under:-
1. A Feng Shui Master or his student writting books on " Traditional Feng Shui practise " especially those whose Master had originated from Taiwan or HongKong, and the Asia Pacific and even from Canada (where HongKong residents migrated there).
2. Books written not by Chinese Masters but overseas e.g. not of Chinese origin:
a. Some of these authors who are influenced by the traditional feng shui practise as in Para 1 will continue to write based on what they learned " traditionally."
E.g. Derek Walters.
b. Some of these authors under the influence of the Japanese model of Feng Shui called " 9 Star Ki " writes books based on this " method ".
3. Books written by authors who are under the " influence " of the Black Hat Sect School of Feng Shui. Many traditional Feng Shui Masters are `up in arms' and do not recognise the practise of the Black Hat Sect School of Feng Shui.
Feng Shui sites are forever growing in the internet. You may like to explore sites under the Wind and Water Ring or go to websites like Feng Shui Society of UK where they keep a link of many Feng Shui websites.
You can also check out " The Feng Shui Award " page at http://www.geomancy.net/fs/award.htm

On 1/27/99 1:39:24 AM, Anonymous wrote:
I'm writing from Portugal.
Feng Shui is not very
developed in my country. you
can find some books in
specialized bookstores, but
you don't have much to choose
from, and that is why i ask
you if you have heard of a
book by Richard Webster called
"Feng Shui for Beginners", by
Llewellyn Publications. It