About Feng Shui at Geomancy.Net
Sponsored Link

Article :: Calendar system for Gua Calculations

• Staff

1. In the Gua Calculation, what calendar system to use?
Before you even start to calculate the Gua Number, you should have already converted your YEAR of birth to the Chinese Lunar Calendar. All concepts on this website all bases it's calculation in relation to the Chinese Calendar system (and is done automatically for you when you use our online calculators).
In Feng Shui there are two calendar system the Chinese Lunar Calendar System and the Xia Calendar System (or more accurately the Seasonal Calendar). Where the Xia Calendar is always closely related and can be deduced from the Lunar Calendar.
In fact all Feng Shui theories so far are related to the Lunar Calendar. Those theories which requires Seasonal influence will require Xia Calendar system.
The Chinese has all along been using the Chinese Lunar and Xia Calendar System.
Thus, all Chinese related Feng Shui must use the Chinese Calendar for any calculations. This goes the same even for the Chinese Astrology or Horoscope. You use the Chinese Calendar as your Date of Birth and not the Western date of birth.

2. Is Chinese Feng Shui concepts like I-Ching, Ba Zi, Flying Star, Eight House, Name analysis considered Numerology?
Yes. Frankly, I must say the Chinese has long developed a simple yet effective Calculation. Take the Chinese Calculator (abacus) for example. It is so simple yet, powerful. If you know how to use the abacus for calculation, you can calcuate the most complex mathematics without even a modern calculator. And best of all you can do it all Mentally.
I-Ching's concept of 2 (binary) which is now is used in present day Computer as in Binary provides the basic for Computer computation.
Chinese Name Analysis is another direct example of the clever use of Numerology to express the Name in relation to the Five Element.
Flying Star Analysis is another example of Numerology to relate to the Five Element.
Eight House Gua Number is again another Numerology related concept so as to match the number to one of the Eight Trigrams which also relates to the Element of the Trigram.
Ba Zi is the 2nd most complex Numerology compared to the I-Ching. But again it is related to the Number concept.
Shapes and Form's Tortise concept where in that special arrangement whether you add the number horizontally, vertically etc, you will get a total of 15.
So I must say that all Feng Shui concept in one way or another is based on Numerology.

3. So does it mean that if anyone can use Modern mathematics formula to calculate any one of the above theories, that Chinese Feng Shui Theory is thus considered a Western Numerology?
Mathematics can be used by anyone to find a logical pattern or a formula to derive a common repeating pattern.
Frankly, in the past, there wasn't such comprehensive Mathematic forumla. In fact, all the Feng Shui practitioner uses is the Bagua. The Bagua is arranged in such a unique way that, you do not need to do any calcuations, but rather by rotating the rings in the correct order and all the necessary information such as I-Ching, Flying Star, Eight House, Ba Zi, Heaven-Earth-Human luck and lots more are revealed by looking at the inter-relationship of the various rings on the bagua compass.
So in the past, there wasn't any such so call formula that existed. So why are there now such calculation methods appearing?
As mentioned, if you are good in Mathematics, you will be able to deduce a logical formula out of a series of repeating patterns. Thus, coming out with the Formula. Having such formulas help in performing quick mental calculations without referring to the Bagua.
So does this means that because of such an alternative formula solution, that the Ba Zi, Flying Star, Xuan Kong are now considered "WESTERN NUMEROLOGY"?
Sorry, the West is not the only one who has Numerology, the Chinese also have their own Chinese Numerology. And it is widely seen in all the various Feng Shui concepts available.
I am sad to say, those who DO NOT understand how Feng Shui works and/or how each theories are related to each other, or how each calendar system is treated in Feng Shui. They will probably question it.

4. This website, has from day one when the website is published on the Internet in 1995/6 been putting up concepts which has been easy to use and even came up with various computerised versions of the concepts all to allow anyone to apply Feng Shui easily.

5. Why has our website been able to so effectively apply Feng Shui concepts to the real world?
Simply because we do not just apply one theory only. (ie like only the flying star house analysis). We apply a combination of concepts so as to be able to get the most comprehensive analysis on any particular situations.
However, I am sad to say that there are many who practises Feng Shui around with world who practise only one form of theories only. And/or there are people who condemns one form of theory saying that it isn't true classic feng shui.
Frankly, practising Feng Shui using only certain concept is bad and dangerous. This is because each concept has a specific use. Not knowing the results of another theory will not result in being able to provide a comprehensive understanding of any situation. Thus, not being able to find the faults so as to be able to correct the problem and improve the luck.

Sponsored Link