Jump to content
About Feng Shui at Geomancy.Net
Sponsored Link
 

Seletar, condos amidst landed


myfs_157293
 Share

Recommended Posts

  • Staff

Invest, The Straits TimesDecember 1, 2013 Sunday
Overseas propertygalore for buyersMore foreign projectsare being launchedin Singapore,
and interest is strong
by Rachael Boon
Overseas property continues to lurelocal investors with developersseeming to jet in every other weekend offering new launches.DTZ Singapore research headLee Lay Keng said about 107 Lon-
don projects alone, including student accommodation blocks, havebeen brought to Singapore for saleby various agencies this year.
Consultancy Colliers International data shows an increasingnumber of Singapore investors
have been buying London propertyover the past 12 months, about 25per cent more than a year earlier.
Mr Julian Sedgwick of .Savills Singapore says: "It is hard to track thenumber of different launches in Singapore but we have certainly seenan increase in the number oflaunches this year compared withlast year."
He says this could be due to cooling measures in Singapore and anincrease in local agencies trying tosell international property."The key cities of interest areLondon, Sydney, Melbourne, Bangkok, New York, Kuala Lumpur, Tokyo and growing interest in Manila," he adds.
Mrs Doris Tan of Jones Lang La-Sallehas also seen strong growth.
About 107 London projects alone have been brought to Singapore for sale byvarious agencies this year, says DTZ Singapore research head Lee Lay Keng. Sales for these cities. "We sold closeto 800 units of London propertiesto Singaporeans, which is about 80per cent of the total property purchases made this year, and about150 Tokyo properties to Singaporeans as well."
Singaporeans are also amongthe top foreign investors in theBangkok condominium market, ac-
counting for 18 per cent of CBREsales to overseas buyers this year,says Ms Aliwassa Pathnadabutr,managing director at property consultancy CB Richard Ellis in Thai-
land.
"Singapore is ranked second after Hong Kong in terms of top foreign investors in Bangkok's down-
town condominium market," sheadds.However, there are certain risksand restrictions in the various citiesand countries when it comes to buying property overseas.
Australia has restrictions on overseas investors wanting to buypre-existing properties, according
to Savills' Australian office.If you are looking to move there,Australia's Significant Investor Visa
requires an investment of ASS million (SS5.7 million) in complyinginvestments for a minimum of fouryears before being eligible to applyfor a permanent visa.
CBRE's Ms Pathnadabutr saysbuying condo units in Thailand isthe simplest and safest for foreigninvestors while serviced apartments are not available for individual sale. Foreign investors cannotown land in Thailand.
She adds: "Most foreign investors, including Singaporeans, therefore choose to invest in freeholdcondominiums."
There are so many options onthe table that there seems to besomething for every investor in
each city, depending on the budget.Take a buyer with $500,000 to$600,000 to spend.
Savills' Mr Sedgwick says: "Youare looking at a one-bed (flat) in azone two location of London or ahigh-end condo in Thailand. InMelbourne, you could be lookingat a one- or two-bed in the centralbusiness district and perhaps aone-bed or studio in Sydney."
The Straits Times, Sunday 1 Dec 2013
Invest Page 34

Quote
On 10/25/2013 10:17:09 PM, Anonymous wrote:
Related resource
materials:http://forum.geomancy.net/phpf
orum/article.php?bid=2&fid=43&mid=32129&
new=On 10/25/2013 10:07:59 PM, Cecil Lee
wrote: > > > >Suddenly from
low birth-rate >of public + private
residential to a whopping
200,000 homes in 2016!I
think some who had bought >homes
will not sleep well come >2016
onwards ... assuming that >the
population "growth" >(especially
Foreign)has >been curbed.We are
making good >progress in our ramp-up
of >home building programme. The
number of new public and >private
residential units >ready for
occupation in the >next three years
is >increasing. Our earlier
projection (197,559) has been
outstrippe...d. The new number
now is 204,461. For this year,
more than 21,000 residential
units have already been built;
another 9,220 units will be
ready by year end. More >detailed
data is available at >the following
URA and HDB >webpagesrivate Property:
http://bit.ly/1heDZGp Upcoming
Housing Supply:
http://sg.sg/13KzcWs >Transacted
Sale Price: >http://sg.sg/WlCw4F
Rental >Rates for Individual Flats:
http://sg.sg/WXtY7L > > >
Source:
https://www.facebook.com/minis
terkhawboonwan


Master Cecil Lee, Geomancy.Net

Master Cecil Lee, Geomancy.Net
Link to post
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...
Sponsored Link
 
  • Staff

Source & Credit:

Who are the ones complaining about high HDB prices?


Only first time buyers are complaining about high prices of HDB homes.


The cost of public housing in Singapore IS ridiculous. The main reason for
this situation is the trading of HDB flats like stock and shares.


The other cause is the government?s propaganda of ?asset enhancement? ? WHICH
IS A MYTH! Don?t forget, you don?t own the flat. You are renting it from the
government for 99 years (or less). If there is one sure thing in life in
Singapore, it is that your lease will diminish as the years go by, and your flat
will EVENTUALLY be worth zilch!


Where on earth does a public housing flat costs 1 million dollars? Only in
Singapore. But, alas, the situation seems irreversible. And with the planned
increase in population by the government, prices for our public housing homes
will definitely skyrocket.


These astronomical prices for HDB flats only punishes the first time buyers.
The current owners of HDB flats are not worried.


In fact if I own a flat I would secretly feel elated, because I, like every
other flat owner, will be under the false impression that my flat has
appreciated by anything from 10 to 20 times.


This is a myth. Because if you sell your present flat to-day, and buy another
of equivalent size, you will find that what you get for your flat will not cover
the cost of your intended purchase.


Therefore, you would only profit if you are prepared to down grade. But is
this a gain? Are you profiting in the real sense of the word?


The other alternative is sell and migrate to Malaysia or to Philippines (if
they allow you). But do you want to?


?I?m leaving it to my children?, you say. Well, by the time that happens, the
lease on your flat will be reduced to perhaps 30 years. Which means your
children will have the flat for only 30 years, with its value diminishing as
each year passes. What kind of ?Happy New Year? will that be?


But is the above scenario ?asset enhancement?? And do you want to or can
emigrate?


It would appear that the present insane prices of HDB flats cannot be
reversed. HOWEVER, it only hurts the first time buyers.


Now, just suppose, by some miracle, the HDB announces to-morrow that all
newly built flats will be sold only to first time buyers who are citizens (the
born and bred type).


These first time owners can only sell back to HDB at an equitable price. The
pricing of these flats will be on a cost plus basis ? no such nonsense about
pegging it to ?market price?. You will not be able to sell it in the open
market. It is not for investment. Go to the SGX if you want yo invest. Other
details can be worked out so that a fair and truly affordable housing can be
available to first time buyers (which is and should be for their benefit).


For all the other HDB flat owners, let the status quo remain. The HDB housing
market will not be disrupted. Nothing will change. No one will be hurt. Things
will carry on as they are to-day. The new ruling (for first time buyers) will
not disrupt the current situation of HDB flats. Owners will still have their
precious ?asset enhancement?, investors and speculators and present owners will
lose nothing, The HDB housing market will not crash.


The natural and inevitable demise of the HDB ?asset? will come to pass
whatever you do. Because nothing can stop your lease from expiring. Imagine, in
say, 90 years? time, all HDB flats will be owner occupied and HDB flats will be
really, really, affordable..


This proposal gives instant relief for the first time buyers. The situation
for current owners and investors will not change. The only party that will be
disadvantaged is HDB itself. Only in the sense that It will not be able to make
the kind of huge profits with each launch of new HDB building project. But of
course, if the role of HDB is to make money, then no proposal to make HDB
(public) housing truly affordable will ever be implemented.


Happy New Year all.

KTK

Source and credit, here:Who are the ones complaining about high HDB prices?



Master Cecil Lee, Geomancy.Net

Master Cecil Lee, Geomancy.Net
Link to post
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...
  • Staff

Mr Gerald Giam Yean Song asked the Minister for National Development (a) how many HDB blocks are more than 40 years into their 99-year lease; (b) what will be the value of an HDB flat once it reaches the end of its 99-year lease; (c) what is the average number of flats undergoing redevelopment under the Selective En Bloc Redevelopment Scheme (SERS) each year for the past 10 years; and (d) whether the pace of SERS is fast enough to redevelop all HDB blocks before they reach the end of their lease.
Mr Khaw Boon Wan (The Minister for National Development): The Selective En bloc Redevelopment Scheme (SERS) is part of the Government?s estate renewal strategy for older estates. It allows intensification of land use and revitalises such estates through new developments. At the same time, it offers an opportunity for flat owners to buy a new replacement flat with a fresh 99 year lease.
In the last 10 years, SERS has benefitted the owners of about 18,000 flats. As the name suggests, the identification of suitable precincts for SERS is selective. The selection of sites and pace of SERS will depend on factors such as their redevelopment potential, and the availability of replacement sites for rehousing and other resources.
Currently, there are about 300 HDB blocks with 31,000 flats which are more than 40 years into their 99-year flat leases.
Like all leasehold properties, HDB flats will revert to HDB, the landowner, upon expiry of their leases. HDB will in turn surrender the land to the State.
[Source: Singapore Parliament Reports]

Quote
On 1/9/2014 9:02:06 AM, Anonymous wrote:
Source & Credit:Who
are the ones complaining about
high HDB prices?Only first
time buyers are complaining
about high prices of HDB
homes.
The cost of public housing in
Singapore IS ridiculous. The
main reason for
this situation is the trading
of HDB flats like stock and
shares.
The other cause is the
government?s propaganda of
?asset enhancement? ? WHICH
IS A MYTH! Don?t forget, you
don?t own the flat. You are
renting it from the
government for 99 years (or
less). If there is one sure
thing in life in
Singapore, it is that your
lease will diminish as the
years go by, and your flat
will EVENTUALLY be worth
zilch!
Where on earth does a public
housing flat costs 1 million
dollars? Only in
Singapore. But, alas, the
situation seems irreversible.
And with the planned
increase in population by the
government, prices for our
public housing homes
will definitely skyrocket.
These astronomical prices for
HDB flats only punishes the
first time buyers.
The current owners of HDB
flats are not worried.
In fact if I own a flat I
would secretly feel elated,
because I, like every
other flat owner, will be
under the false impression
that my flat has
appreciated by anything from
10 to 20 times.
This is a myth. Because if you
sell your present flat to-day,
and buy another
of equivalent size, you will
find that what you get for
your flat will not cover
the cost of your intended
purchase.
Therefore, you would only
profit if you are prepared to
down grade. But is
this a gain? Are you profiting
in the real sense of the word?
The other alternative is sell
and migrate to Malaysia or to
Philippines (if
they allow you). But do you
want to?
?I?m leaving it to my
children?, you say. Well, by
the time that happens, the
lease on your flat will be
reduced to perhaps 30 years.
Which means your
children will have the flat
for only 30 years, with its
value diminishing as
each year passes. What kind of
?Happy New Year? will that be?
But is the above scenario
?asset enhancement?? And do
you want to or can
emigrate?
It would appear that the
present insane prices of HDB
flats cannot be
reversed. HOWEVER, it only
hurts the first time buyers.
Now, just suppose, by some
miracle, the HDB announces
to-morrow that all
newly built flats will be sold
only to first time buyers who
are citizens (the
born and bred type).
These first time owners can
only sell back to HDB at an
equitable price. The
pricing of these flats will be
on a cost plus basis ? no such
nonsense about
pegging it to ?market price?.
You will not be able to sell
it in the open
market. It is not for
investment. Go to the SGX if
you want yo invest. Other
details can be worked out so
that a fair and truly
affordable housing can be
available to first time buyers
(which is and should be for
their benefit).
For all the other HDB flat
owners, let the status quo
remain. The HDB housing
market will not be disrupted.
Nothing will change. No one
will be hurt. Things
will carry on as they are
to-day. The new ruling (for
first time buyers) will
not disrupt the current
situation of HDB flats. Owners
will still have their
precious ?asset enhancement?,
investors and speculators and
present owners will
lose nothing, The HDB housing
market will not crash.
The natural and inevitable
demise of the HDB ?asset? will
come to pass
whatever you do. Because
nothing can stop your lease
from expiring. Imagine, in
say, 90 years? time, all HDB
flats will be owner occupied
and HDB flats will be
really, really, affordable..
This proposal gives instant
relief for the first time
buyers. The situation
for current owners and
investors will not change. The
only party that will be
disadvantaged is HDB itself.
Only in the sense that It will
not be able to make
the kind of huge profits with
each launch of new HDB
building project. But of
course, if the role of HDB is
to make money, then no
proposal to make HDB
(public) housing truly
affordable will ever be
implemented.
Happy New Year all.KTKSource
and credit, here:Who are
the ones complaining about
high HDB prices?

Master Cecil Lee, Geomancy.Net

Master Cecil Lee, Geomancy.Net
Link to post
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...
  • Staff

The 1st DBSS expensive premium - neither here nor there .... not a condo, not a HUDC, no fencing or barrier... typically an overpriced HDB and for some an over-priced HDB 5 bedroom flat.. purchased at around $800K or more...
Furthermore... not even within short walking distance to an MRT or at least an LRT...
Expect to loose (paper value of $200K or more...)

Quote
On 2/9/2014 10:24:45 PM, Anonymous wrote:
Mr Gerald Giam Yean Song asked the
Minister for National Development (a)
how many HDB blocks are more than 40
years into their 99-year lease; (b) what
will be the value of an HDB flat once it
reaches the end of its 99-year lease;
(c) what is the average number of flats
undergoing redevelopment under the
Selective En Bloc Redevelopment Scheme
(SERS) each year for the past 10 years;
and (d) whether the pace of SERS is fast
enough to redevelop all HDB blocks
before they reach the end of their
lease.Mr Khaw Boon Wan (The Minister for
National Development): The Selective En
bloc Redevelopment Scheme (SERS) is part
of the Government?s estate renewal
strategy for older estates. It allows
intensification of land use and
revitalises such estates through new
developments. At the same time, it
offers an opportunity for flat owners to
buy a new replacement flat with a fresh
99 year lease.In the last 10 years, SERS
has benefitted the owners of about
18,000 flats. As the name suggests, the
identification of suitable precincts for
SERS is selective. The selection of
sites and pace of SERS will depend on
factors such as their redevelopment
potential, and the availability of
replacement sites for rehousing and
other resources.Currently, there are
about 300 HDB blocks with 31,000 flats
which are more than 40 years into their
99-year flat leases.Like all leasehold
properties, HDB flats will revert to
HDB, the landowner, upon expiry of their
leases. HDB will in turn surrender the
land to the State.[Source: Singapore
Parliament Reports]On 1/9/2014 9:02:06
AM, Cecil Lee wrote:
Source & Credit:Who
are the ones complaining about
high HDB prices?Only first
time buyers are complaining
about high prices of HDB
homes.
The cost of public housing in
Singapore IS ridiculous. The
main reason for
this situation is the trading
of HDB flats like stock and
shares.
The other cause is the
government?s propaganda of
?asset enhancement? ? WHICH
IS A MYTH! Don?t forget, you
don?t own the flat. You are
renting it from the
government for 99 years (or
less). If there is one sure
thing in life in
Singapore, it is that your
lease will diminish as the
years go by, and your flat
will EVENTUALLY be worth
zilch!
Where on earth does a public
housing flat costs 1 million
dollars? Only in
Singapore. But, alas, the
situation seems irreversible.
And with the planned
increase in population by the
government, prices for our
public housing homes
will definitely skyrocket.
These astronomical prices for
HDB flats only punishes the
first time buyers.
The current owners of HDB
flats are not worried.
In fact if I own a flat I
would secretly feel elated,
because I, like every
other flat owner, will be
under the false impression
that my flat has
appreciated by anything from
10 to 20 times.
This is a myth. Because if you
sell your present flat to-day,
and buy another
of equivalent size, you will
find that what you get for
your flat will not cover
the cost of your intended
purchase.
Therefore, you would only
profit if you are prepared to
down grade. But is
this a gain? Are you profiting
in the real sense of the word?
The other alternative is sell
and migrate to Malaysia or to
Philippines (if
they allow you). But do you
want to?
?I?m leaving it to my
children?, you say. Well, by
the time that happens, the
lease on your flat will be
reduced to perhaps 30 years.
Which means your
children will have the flat
for only 30 years, with its
value diminishing as
each year passes. What kind of
?Happy New Year? will that be?
But is the above scenario
?asset enhancement?? And do
you want to or can
emigrate?
It would appear that the
present insane prices of HDB
flats cannot be
reversed. HOWEVER, it only
hurts the first time buyers.
Now, just suppose, by some
miracle, the HDB announces
to-morrow that all
newly built flats will be sold
only to first time buyers who
are citizens (the
born and bred type).
These first time owners can
only sell back to HDB at an
equitable price. The
pricing of these flats will be
on a cost plus basis ? no such
nonsense about
pegging it to ?market price?.
You will not be able to sell
it in the open
market. It is not for
investment. Go to the SGX if
you want yo invest. Other
details can be worked out so
that a fair and truly
affordable housing can be
available to first time buyers
(which is and should be for
their benefit).
For all the other HDB flat
owners, let the status quo
remain. The HDB housing
market will not be disrupted.
Nothing will change. No one
will be hurt. Things
will carry on as they are
to-day. The new ruling (for
first time buyers) will
not disrupt the current
situation of HDB flats. Owners
will still have their
precious ?asset enhancement?,
investors and speculators and
present owners will
lose nothing, The HDB housing
market will not crash.
The natural and inevitable
demise of the HDB ?asset? will
come to pass
whatever you do. Because
nothing can stop your lease
from expiring. Imagine, in
say, 90 years? time, all HDB
flats will be owner occupied
and HDB flats will be
really, really, affordable..
This proposal gives instant
relief for the first time
buyers. The situation
for current owners and
investors will not change. The
only party that will be
disadvantaged is HDB itself.
Only in the sense that It will
not be able to make
the kind of huge profits with
each launch of new HDB
building project. But of
course, if the role of HDB is
to make money, then no
proposal to make HDB
(public) housing truly
affordable will ever be
implemented.
Happy New Year all.KTKSource
and credit, here:Who are
the ones complaining about
high HDB prices?


Master Cecil Lee, Geomancy.Net

Master Cecil Lee, Geomancy.Net
Link to post
Share on other sites

  • 7 years later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Staff

Revisited…used to own a unit here…

Today… in my opinion, the common areas seems rundown… nearly slipped at the algae ridden flooring at the pool side area…

Understand the residents are having a meeting with their MP on the Yio Chu Kang extension, which I had wrote many years ago.. a road way… 

E1DA08C5-AB4B-44EF-9889-9FAD3E0882B4.jpeg

6CF901C1-479B-4E30-9DA5-7E00207AB6DC.jpeg

ADF8F8C0-9D99-4C8B-9C70-F9B708036D21.jpeg

0F9A727A-7EB3-4B59-BE98-4C6EA6BF7502.jpeg

E377A156-8291-4F04-971F-271F02DEEB65.jpeg

6AAC1B72-593E-4C03-BB85-824ADB5CB66C.jpeg

FB088379-D736-4FD9-9AE6-328056197CEC.jpeg

91B15AF5-DE20-4BDB-8E88-648F7851354D.jpeg

1E4FBE2E-417D-4BAF-92CE-5CDE4B358A3F.jpeg


Master Cecil Lee, Geomancy.Net

Master Cecil Lee, Geomancy.Net
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...