About Feng Shui at Geomancy.Net
Sponsored Link

Condos next to Places of Worship, military camps

myfs_158308

Dear Sir
i have engaged your services some time at my office at Chinatown.
I like to seek your advice as I m currently looking at the following condos like
Le Crescendo(next to church), The Waterina(opposite a military camp & Kong Hwa School) & Central Grove(opposite a temple) for home stay.
Appreciate if u can give me your inputs on the above & the reason for the 3 condo choices is bcos they r near to my child school & working place.
Looking forward to hearing from u soon.
thank you
lee

Sponsored Link

• Staff

These are some considerations:
1. Pure common sense & Location, location and location
1.1. If one has concerns about living close to or near-by or next to a temple or church or some other similar establishments; equally others would be concerned.
1.2. And nowadays, with properties on the high-side or in the next 2 years or more; there will be tons of new developments which are newer; closer to MRTs.
1.3. What it means is : if you are concerned; others are and will this affect the resale value?
1.4. For example, majority or all the living rooms of Le Cresendo faces an "opening" currently or the field.
1.5. But for lower floors many of the bedrooms over-look the church.
1.6. Common sense says that if one day; if there is a need to resell such a condo unit; some buyers may be put-off.
1.7 Pure common sense says that one may eventually be stuck with such a similar unit.
1.8 As often, some churches may also be noisy etc...
1.9. Also place a thinking cap + common sense for other units facing a temple (joss burning ... smoke; noise) etc...
2.0. For army camp, also depends on where the apartment block is. If it is next to the camp's logistics / vehicle park where they also store fuel.. etc.. not so good.
2.1. The concept of "IT DEPENDS" applies. If the camp is like the CMPB in Depot road, most likely ok. If the camp holds the top brass e.g. Mindef maybe ok. But during war time; if one's home is next to a strategic camp; most likely, bombs may be dropped there FIRST. If the bombs missed it's target; it's THAT home will be demolised. Again pure common sense.
3. Frankly, No need Feng Shui to explain such things. If you and your family members have doubts. So does others. And with all the messed up property prices; and tightening of foreign labour... come 2017 onwards... that piece of apartment at e.g. Le Cresendo, that has bedrooms facing the church... try marketing it = easily?
4. Besides common sense; some say that temples or some churches are "depository" of people's desperation; hopes etc... And some Catholic churches do keep urns and even in temples.. thus all these depends on individual churches or temples.

On 12/9/2013 8:23:55 PM, Anonymous wrote:
Dear Siri have engaged your
services some time at my
office at Chinatown.I
like to seek your advice
as I m currently looking at
the following condos
likeLe Crescendo(next to
church), The Waterina(opposite
a military camp & Kong Hwa
School) & Central
Grove(opposite a temple) for
home stay.Appreciate if
u can give me your inputs on
the above & the reason for
the 3 condo choices is bcos
they r near to my child school
& working place.Looking
forward to hearing from u
soon.thank youlee

Master Cecil Lee, Geomancy.Net

• Staff

In my opinion, your question is really "too general".
You should ask yourself: "Is it worthwhile buying". You call. No one else.. can make that decision for you.

On 12/9/2013 11:33:58 PM, Anonymous wrote:
Dear Master LeeWill there be
any implications if I still
proceed to buy units from the
following 3 properties not
facing the places of worships
etc?Looking forward to your
advise soon.Appreciate
your time and great help.

• Staff

The other day, I passed by Le Cresendo; and took photos of the church.
Most of the openings facing one of the bedroom(s) / kitchen(s) don't seem threatening...
But again, this is my perception. Only thing is if one has to sell the flat for some reasons; some potential buyers would equally be as concerned as your first doubts.

• 3 years later...
  • Staff

Le Cresendo (freehold) T.O.P. in 2006. Then, the entire frontage was facing open space.

Today, the pool view and further is blocked by HDB Macpherson Residency.

The frontage of majority of the single block 233 is facing Flying Stars Period 8, S1.

onemap le cresendo stack 08.png

Le cresendo site plan.png

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, Cecil Lee said:

When first T.O.P. The views towards the pool-side.. was great! virtually unblocked without the HDB flats.

Now some stacks can look at the common bin(s).

Indeed, the unblocked views may not last... 

Pool views are safer bets. :P

• Like 1

• Staff

In a condo environment, especially if one is purchasing lower floor units;

Should look out for: tree trunks, roof-lines of club-house, roof-lines of gazebos/pavilions/cabins/dining or entertainment pavilions..

For example, the shade, in the photo is a POTENTIAL poison arrow. But it depends on the size/thickness and whether it is aimed towards a living room window(s) or balconies or bedroom windows of a specific unit etc..

potential poison arrows.jpg

• Like 1

On 03/07/2017 at 11:24 AM, Cecil Lee said:

In a condo environment, especially if one is purchasing lower floor units;

Should look out for: tree trunks, roof-lines of club-house, roof-lines of gazebos/pavilions/cabins/dining or entertainment pavilions..

For example, the shade, in the photo is a POTENTIAL poison arrow. But it depends on the size/thickness and whether it is aimed towards a living room window(s) or balconies or bedroom windows of a specific unit etc..

potential poison arrows.jpg

These poison arrows are pointing upwards, likely hitting higher floors (say Level 6-8 depending on the view from Balconies of respective Units) ...

In this case, the lower floors (e.g. 1 to 5) will not be affected?

Edited by anything

15 minutes ago, Cecil Lee said:

Frankly, as I mentioned previously this is considered small pole. And the sail don't look threatening. 

There are worse of materials or sized pavilions or shades to be worried of.

I see... 

How about the Grey Cages as below? Are they threatening to nearby units? :)

IMG_20170702_103050_HDR.jpg

IMG_20170702_103035_HDR.jpg

On 06/07/2017 at 8:25 PM, Cecil Lee said:

Frankly, as I mentioned previously this is considered small pole. And the sail don't look threatening. 

There are worse of materials or sized pavilions or shades to be worried of.

Based on the definition of poison arrow in the illustrated drawing, the Pavillion below looks not threatening to the nearby units... :)

595082b435460_SHAQIDEPENDSONHEIGHT.png.95966541b6658e9859811fde3fb34382.png

IMG_20170708_093640_HDR.jpg

• Cecil Lee pinned this topic
  • 1 year later...