About Feng Shui at Geomancy.Net
Sponsored Link

[5.] Chinese Altar: Auspicious Chinese Altar Dimensions

myfs_159686

• 1 month later...
Sponsored Link

Hello master,

would like to ask if my altar has 3 levels (like a stairway) and the highest level will be where the buddha is sitting , should the highest level be 126cm or can measure from the lowest level

• 2 months later...
Guest Will

Hello,

I am in the U.S. and ready made altar tables are not easily found. Therefore I am having a carpenter to build a set for me. I have read the entries in the forum and now how more questions than when I started! ☺️ It would probably be easiest to ask if you could tell me the best Height x Width x Depth for and altar table (for Guan Yin & Guan Gong). I want to have a table built for the statues to sit on and another to place in front of it for offerings. Do any considerations need to be taken for the lower offering table? I am also going to have a single table made to sit to the left of the main altar for ancestors. What dimensions should that table be? Thanks in advance for your help! 

Best regards,

Will

• Staff

Please try to do a search for e.g. "altar dimensions"  as this is a very old subject.  And there are already lots of similar questions/replies.

For example, I did a quick search and this should be relevant to your question:-

Other resources include:-

And there are lots more.. image.png.9b491f2c0f97b8b8db40744afd226abc.png

Master Cecil Lee, Geomancy.Net

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • Staff

1. As the condominium unit has a tight space.. this altar was specifically or totally customised to fit into the location...

860572728_altarplacement2.thumb.jpeg.ed19dffbb5a4624cb20176a556392f11.jpeg

2. (Below) In addition, this resource was posted to a separate thread. Which shows that if one wants to include an ancestor tablet; it has to be located as follows...

414710599_chinese-altar-withancestoraltardimensions.thumb.jpg.3c918619b235a9767848a21f224e35c3.jpg

• 5 months later...
On 7/21/2019 at 1:25 AM, Cecil Lee said:

1. As the condominium unit has a tight space.. this altar was specifically or totally customised to fit into the location...

860572728_altarplacement2.thumb.jpeg.ed19dffbb5a4624cb20176a556392f11.jpeg

2. (Below) In addition, this resource was posted to a separate thread. Which shows that if one wants to include an ancestor tablet; it has to be located as follows...

414710599_chinese-altar-withancestoraltardimensions.thumb.jpg.3c918619b235a9767848a21f224e35c3.jpg

Hello Master Lee,

Can I put a ‘platform’ on top of the altar table (with a height of 125-128cm), so that the God statute is elevated higher? Is there any ideal height for this platform? I find that the auspicious height of 126cm is relatively low, and would like to place the god statue on higher platform.

I also have the ancestral table on the left of the altar. I believe it is ok so long the height of the ancestor table is at least 124.1cm? 

thanks! 

• Staff
8 hours ago, Guest Chua said:

Hello Master Lee,

Can I put a ‘platform’ on top of the altar table (with a height of 125-128cm), so that the God statute is elevated higher? Is there any ideal height for this platform? I find that the auspicious height of 126cm is relatively low, and would like to place the god statue on higher platform.

I also have the ancestral table on the left of the altar. I believe it is ok so long the height of the ancestor table is at least 124.1cm? 

thanks! 

1. Frankly, you can easily buy a Feng Shui ruler at most hardware shops scattered all over Singapore. 

2. Do a search in this forum for “Feng Shui Ruler”. To understand the significance of that altars should have both red zones at both TOP and bottom readings..

3. For example, mentioned in this link is a photo of such a ruler..

4. Generally if want a higher height is usually 58 inches (147.5 cm) or 5 feet (152.2cm).

4.1. Highest should be 68 inches (173cm). Can still be higher but most go for one of these heights.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Staff

Hi Master Lee, sorry to disturb. May I know if there is a preferred color for the altar?

Frankly, no. In the past from rosewood to any wood tone.

Again in the past, white was not favoured. Because it can turn yellowish easily. And some felt that white is a taboo colour. 

But last 20 years.. many use white to match their decor. 

Thus if there is any colour to avoid is either White or BLACK as in piano black
DFD1F5FF-8B5F-41D0-9151-A0F557B1B437.thumb.jpeg.850bddc675147b1b308fdaa536e9f78d.jpeg

P.S. In the past some high end condo cabinets were spray painted and lacquered white. But very toxic for the worker doing this job.

Such cabinets can easily turn yellowish quickly especially if joss fumes are close-by.

Today’s Formica laminates are more hardy. And perhaps only 5 or more years, may show signs of yellowish...

• 2 months later...
  • Cecil Lee locked this topic
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...