About Feng Shui at Geomancy.Net
Sponsored Link

Any problem if ceilings fans are installed all rms

Cecil Lee

• Staff

Question 1: "We intend to place a full length mirror at the living room and walk in wardrobe, attach file with our proposed location which need your advice"
Question 2: . Any problem if we install ceiling fan in every room?

1. No issue with the full length mirror in the walk-in wardrope area in the master.
2. Less than ideal to have a full length mirror on that side of the wall sharing with the main door: this is because such a mirror faces the dining table and perhaps the existing sink area: "Are you able to keep the dining table (area) neat and tidy? If not, most likely, you can see the entire dining table from this mirror. Unfortunately, some people may have a very messy (full of stuffs) piled on the table."
2.1. If you are sure that, that side of the room is neat and tidy... go ahead. ... otherwise, re-consider.
3. A ceiling fan is in theory practically fine as most landed properties have them. But in all bedrooms; try to avoid a ceiling fan each that has drop down e.g. 3 or 5 lights. For all bedrooms, if there is a light below the fan, it has to be circular.
3.1. If possible, the bulb or the centre weight of the fan, ideally should not be directly above one's stomach when lying on the bed.
3.2. Do take a pinch of salt if you have visitors in your home and some comment that a fan can drop down and hurt the person or that of Para 3.1. Sometimes all these negative comments may make the meek or one highly worried.  If one can be affected by such comments, then frankly, please don't install the fans.

full_length_mirror_illustration.png

Master Cecil Lee, Geomancy.Net

• 2 years later...
Sponsored Link

• 10 months later...
  • Staff

Q: Putting fans above beds ok?

Reply: 1. From Feng Shui point of view no. So long as the centre mass is not above the chest.

1.1 The rest have more to do with unfounded concerns like the fan will drop down .. etc..etc..

2.1 Reference resources:
https://www.geomancy.net/forums/topic/14604-any-problem-if-ceilings-fans-are-installed-all-rms/?tab=comments#comment-30493

2.2 Reference:
https://www.geomancy.net/forums/topic/15595-is-ceiling-fan-in-the-bedrooms-ok/?tab=comments#comment-33197

3. A ceiling fan is in theory practically fine as most landed properties have them. But in all bedrooms; try to avoid a ceiling fan each that has drop down e.g. 3 or 5 lights. For all bedrooms, if there is a light below the fan, it has to be circular. 
3.1. If possible, the bulb or the centre weight of the fan, ideally should not be directly above one's stomach when lying on the bed. 
3.2. Do take a pinch of salt if you have visitors in your home and some comment that a fan can drop down and hurt the person or that of Para 3.1. Sometimes all these negative comments may make the meek or one highly worried.  If one can be affected by such comments, then frankly, please don't install the fans.

• 1 month later...

Dear Master Cecil,

I always hear people say that beam lights on top of bed is bad feng shui but what if you have no choice because the light was designed that way.

All our bedrooms point of light is at the center of the bed. Is it ok to replace it with spotlight with 3 spots so i can maneuver/focus the light to other parts of the room.

If spotlights are fine are 3 spots ok for spotlight?  and my last concern i wanted to install a WALL FAN inside toilet so as to dry the floor of toilet faster and to prevent moisture all the time

but the only place i can place it is in front of toilet bowl. So the fan will be at the wall facing the toilet bowl,but the fan can rotate...is it fine? thank you so much for your help!

Edited by Abi
i forgot to click notify me

Dear Master Cecil,

I always hear people say that beam lights on top of bed is bad feng shui but what if you have no choice because the light was designed that way.

All our bedrooms point of light is at the center of the bed. Is it ok to replace it with spotlight with 3 spots so i can maneuver/focus the light to other parts of the room.

If spotlights are fine are 3 spots ok for spotlight?  and my last concern i wanted to install a WALL FAN inside toilet so as to dry the floor of toilet faster and to prevent moisture all the time

but the only place i can place it is in front of toilet bowl. So the fan will be at the wall facing the toilet bowl,but the fan can rotate...is it fine? thank you so much for your help!

• 1 year later...