About Feng Shui at Geomancy.Net
Sponsored Link

Northpark Residences units above bus Entry/Exits - Which units are lucky today? Which units have health concerns?

Cecil Lee

• Staff

In the past, there were similar projects where the condo blocks/stacks/units are directly built above a bus terminal/depot.
For example, five years ago, The Centris @ Jurong Central TOP in 2009. Then, soon after, I received several requests for some of the units in stacks #47, #50 and #51 for Feng Shui investigation(s) as several of the family members that moved-in had some accident or so after moving in.
For example, a male breadwinner had suffered some burns from spilled hot water etc...
So happen; that year 2009: the Bad Yellow star #5 (misfortune/sickness) is at the frontage directly above the Entrance/Exit of the bus terminal/depot. And also "Grand Duke-Tai Sui" was located at North-North-East 30 degrees... adding a double whammy.
Here, especially for stacks #47 and #51; their master bedroom falls within North & NE sectors. And for that year North = #5 Five yellow and NE = Grand Duke (Tai Sui)... and the constant movement of buses in and out directly below the master bedrooms is inauspicious.

Master Cecil Lee, Geomancy.Net

Sponsored Link

• Staff

Unlike The Centriswhere their stacks47, 50 & 51 are abovethe Entry/Exits;

For this development, North Park Residences,fortunately, looks like it does not
have stacks directlyabove the entrance/exit to the bus terminal/depot. But if possible try to avoid purchasing stacks close-to (above) the entrance/exit as shown in the attachment.

However, there are another exit in the 2nd attachment. Do study where each of the Entry/Exits are in this development and if possible, avoid "them".

On 12/8/2014 9:42:48 AM, Anonymous wrote:
In the past, there were
similar projects where the
condo blocks/stacks/units are
directly built above a bus
terminal/depot.For example,
five years ago, The Centris @
Jurong Central TOP in 2009.
Then, soon after, I received
several requests for some of
the units in stacks #47, #50
and #51 for Feng Shui
investigation(s) as several of
the family members that
moved-in had some accident or
so after moving in.For
example, a male breadwinner
had suffered some burns from
spilled hot water etc...So
happen; that year 2009: the
Bad Yellow star #5
(misfortune/sickness) is at
the frontage directly above
the Entrance/Exit of the bus
terminal/depot. And also
"Grand Duke-Tai Sui" was
located at North-North-East 30
degrees... adding a double
whammy.Here, especially for
stacks #47 and #51; their
master bedroom falls within
North & NE sectors. And
for that year North = #5 Five
yellow and NE = Grand Duke
(Tai Sui)... and the constant
movement of buses in and out
directly below the master
bedrooms is inauspicious.

• 10 months later...
  • Staff

Northpark Residences & WC wall & bed-head

Avoid sleeping with the bed-head sharing the same wall as the WC. As shown in the attachment

On 12/8/2014 10:28:45 AM, Anonymous wrote:
Unlike The Centriswhere their
stacks47, 50 & 51 are
abovethe Entry/Exits;For this
development, North Park
Residences,fortunately, looks like
it does nothave stacks
directlyabove the entrance/exit to
the bus terminal/depot. But if possible
try to avoid purchasing stacks close-to
(above) the entrance/exit as shown in
the attachment.However, there are
another exit in the 2nd attachment. Do
study where each of the Entry/Exits are
in this development and if possible,
avoid "them".On 12/8/2014 9:42:48
AM, Cecil Lee wrote:
In the past, there were
similar projects where the
condo blocks/stacks/units are
directly built above a bus
terminal/depot.For example,
five years ago, The Centris @
Jurong Central TOP in 2009.
Then, soon after, I received
several requests for some of
the units in stacks #47, #50
and #51 for Feng Shui
investigation(s) as several of
the family members that
moved-in had some accident or
so after moving in.For
example, a male breadwinner
had suffered some burns from
spilled hot water etc...So
happen; that year 2009: the
Bad Yellow star #5
(misfortune/sickness) is at
the frontage directly above
the Entrance/Exit of the bus
terminal/depot. And also
"Grand Duke-Tai Sui" was
located at North-North-East 30
degrees... adding a double
whammy.Here, especially for
stacks #47 and #51; their
master bedroom falls within
North & NE sectors. And
for that year North = #5 Five
yellow and NE = Grand Duke
(Tai Sui)... and the constant
movement of buses in and out
directly below the master

• Staff

Northpark Residences & Flying Star Feng Shui of the entire Block of flats:

1. This development has majority of stacks facing either N2 or S2.

1.1 Under Flying stars; there is a difference between a N2 facing vs a S2 facing chart.

1.2 Here, under N2 facing; the combined auspicious wealth stars are wasted at the rear of the home. Here, "rear" often means wasted at the kitchen / yard area in stead of at the frontage like that of an S2 chart.

1.3 S2. Stacks are the best stacks for a East group person. As both frontage enjoys the double auspicious #8 wealth stars. And furthermore their facing directions has water. Bring great wealth.

2. Blocks/ Stacks as shown in purple in the attachment e.g. Block 25, 27, 29, 31, 33, 35, 37 have stacks that either face NE1 or SW1.

2.1 NE1. Has the auspicious water wealth #8 star at the frontage. Thus, units with water position at the frontage (balcony side) can enjoy good Feng Shui. If so, the sum-of-ten can be activated for : Health, wealth and family luck. If the unit is not facing a water position, then best to place a water position at the balcony area to activate the luck. On the downside; the other sectors in such a home has bad stars that best to be disarmed or neutralised.

2.2 SW1. As the water wealth #8 is at the frontage; water at the frontage is good. It will be advantages if the unit faces a pool of water or activate a water position at the balcony area. As such overall, the unit can activate the sum-of-ten. Need though to disarm bad stars in many sectors of the home. To disarm health related considerations.

On 11/2/2015 2:40:13 PM, Anonymous wrote:
Northpark Residences & WC wall &
bed-head Avoid sleeping with the
bed-head sharing the same wall as the
WC. As shown in the attachmentOn
12/8/2014 10:28:45 AM, Cecil Lee
wrote:
Unlike The Centriswhere
their
stacks47, 50 & 51
are
abovethe Entry/Exits;For
this
development, North
Park
Residences,fortunately,
looks like
it does nothave
stacks
directlyabove the
entrance/exit to
the bus
terminal/depot. But if possible
try
to avoid purchasing stacks
close-to
(above) the entrance/exit as
shown in
the attachment.However,
there are
another exit in the 2nd
attachment. Do
study where each of
the Entry/Exits are
in this
development and if possible,
avoid
"them".On 12/8/2014 9:42:48
AM,
Cecil Lee wrote:
In the past,
there were
similar projects where
the
condo blocks/stacks/units
are
directly built above a
bus
terminal/depot.For
example,
five years ago, The
Centris @
Jurong Central TOP in
Then, soon after, I
received
several requests for
some of
the units in stacks #47,
and #51 for Feng
Shui
investigation(s) as several
of
the family members
that
moved-in had some accident
or
so after moving
in.For
example, a male
breadwinner
had suffered some
burns from
spilled hot water
etc...So
happen; that year 2009:
the
Bad Yellow star
(misfortune/sickness) is
at
the frontage directly
above
the Entrance/Exit of the
bus
terminal/depot. And
also
"Grand Duke-Tai Sui"
was
located at North-North-East
degrees... adding a
double
whammy.Here, especially
for
stacks #47 and #51;
their
master bedroom falls
within
North & NE sectors.
And
for that year North = #5
Five
yellow and NE = Grand
Duke
(Tai Sui)... and the
constant
movement of buses in and
out
directly below the
master

north_park_residences_streetdirectory.png

• 1 year later...
  • Staff

Where's the Tai Sui position this year?
Cos I should not do major reno in that area right?

No not true. So long as you have not moved in yet, you can do renovations a hundred times.. but after moved-in.. here lies the difference.. (if so be cautions after moved-in)

tai sui and renovations.png

• 4 months later...
14 hours ago, Cecil Lee said:

Thanks! I passed by there just a few days ago!

Surprised by the fast progress; given that this is a large project.

Appreciate your time and effort with sharing this with all of us!

From my limited experiences so far, sometimes Big Projects progresses much faster than smaller projects, e.g.:

1. Sims Urban Oasis (1000+ units, launched in 2015, est TOP 2018) vs TRE Residences (200+ units, launched in 2014, est TOP 2019).

2. Guillemard Edge (200+ UNITS, launched 2012, TOP early 2014) vs many other smaller projects at Geylang (mostly between 50-100 units, some launched 2011, TOP in 2015/16.) 

This could possibly be due to a few reasons:

1. Economy of Scale: Big and Small projects both require similar administration overheads, hence large project has lower overhead costs per unit.

2. The need to recoup large investments more quickly. 

3. Reputation also more at stake for big projects which are more visible with more buyers involved. 

4. Last but not least, many units to sell means need to build units more quickly to attract buyers, else may face ABSD.

Just my 2 cents... :)

• Staff
7 minutes ago, anything said:

From my limited experiences so far, sometimes Big Projects progresses much faster than smaller projects, e.g.:

1. Sims Urban Oasis (1000+ units, launched in 2015, est TOP 2018) vs TRE Residences (200+ units, launched in 2014, est TOP 2019).

2. Guillemard Edge (200+ UNITS, launched 2012, TOP early 2014) vs many other smaller projects at Geylang (mostly between 50-100 units, some launched 2011, TOP in 2015/16.) 

This could possibly be due to a few reasons:

1. Economy of Scale: Big and Small projects both require similar administration overheads, hence large project has lower overhead costs per unit.

2. The need to recoup large investments more quickly. 

3. Reputation also more at stake for big projects which are more visible with more buyers involved. 

4. Last but not least, many units to sell means need to build units more quickly to attract buyers, else may face ABSD.

Just my 2 cents... :)

Agree.

I am interested to find out whether TRE Residences internal walls are "solid concrete" or dry walls.

Thus, not sure if this is correct.. but if TRE uses solid walls.. maybe (just maybe) it could be another reason why it is built slower or if it does not use pre-fab walls...

I agree with your logic. As another factor is progress payments. In large projects, each time a certain landmark is reached, buyers must fork out an additional amount of money. Thus this can be a huge sum for a developer especially if they had taken loans. Plus they need the money to pay the main contractors. No pay.. no fast work.. A vicious cycle: Main contractor needs to be paid early.. etc.. etc..

For HDB BTOs, it is based on common sense. HDB Toa Payoh Crest because of it's height.. took close to 5 years to complete. Where usually a "standard" BTO development often T.O.P. between 2 1/2 to 3 1/2 years depending on the size of the project. Majority of HDB BTO's are relatively between 500 units to 1200 max.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Cecil Lee said:

Agree.

I am interested to find out whether TRE Residences internal walls are "solid concrete" or dry walls.

Thus, not sure if this is correct.. but if TRE uses solid walls.. maybe (just maybe) it could be another reason why it is built slower or if it does not use pre-fab walls...

I agree with your logic. As another factor is progress payments. In large projects, each time a certain landmark is reached, buyers must fork out an additional amount of money. Thus this can be a huge sum for a developer especially if they had taken loans. Plus they need the money to pay the main contractors. No pay.. no fast work.. A vicious cycle: Main contractor needs to be paid early.. etc.. etc..

For the walls at TRE, maybe need to wait until the readiness of the actual on-site show units to find out... :)

I may drop by the Sims someday to take a look. But how to tell if it's solid wall or dry wall? By thickness? Or knock knock? :P

• Staff

Please check out this link:-

One can observe whether it could be a solid or dry wall by taking an exterior look especially between two bedrooms: How thick is the separation "wall".

Extract of the above link to have a better understand of how to know if a wall is solid or dry wall...

extract of reading between the lines.png

Alternatively, some sales brochures are upfront and clearly state this. While other sales brochures generaly state that concrete/brick/dry partitions may be used.
Here, sometimes dry partitions can be used at the toilet ceilings or kitchen ceilings. Thus none the wiser if the bedroom walls are solid or dry wall partitions.

P.S. In my opinion, this may not be totally fool-proof.. as sometimes I encounter what looks like solid walls, but actually, it is just a portion closest to the external. and part of the inner walls (no need load bearing) use dry walls. Best to get the keys and knock knock the walls...

• Like 1

• Staff

No mentioning of the development.

YELLOW represents solid walls.

And red represents dry wall partitions

sample illustration solid vs dry walls.png

However, in some instances, a few develoopments that I have been to e.g. The Venue.. the structural architect added just a small portion of support beam, see below. (Did one see the added YELLOW partial beam between bedrooms 3 and 4?

In such a situation, it is hard to ascertain that the inner walls may be dry wall. As it looks uniform thickness.

595a59bfa4e22_sampleillustrationsolidvsdrywallsa.png.219bcce0f4e1ad1e0f44cc900b6c2cef.png

Legend: Yellow = solid concrete or brick wall or beam

RED = dry wall partitions

• Like 1

• Staff

For HDB flats such as HDB Park Grove (this block is yet to T.O.P.

I have been to it's Sister block. Thus know that inner walls are dry walls.

But take a look at the exterior. 

Virtually can't tell if the interior uses dry wall partitions or not. 

Even can't tell from the layout plans.

Only know when one enters the unit and knock, knock on the walls.

IMG_8357.JPG

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Cecil Lee said:

No mentioning of the development.

YELLOW represents solid walls.

And red represents dry wall partitions

sample illustration solid vs dry walls.png

However, in some instances, a few develoopments that I have been to e.g. The Venue.. the structural architect added just a small portion of support beam, see below. (Did one see the added YELLOW partial beam between bedrooms 3 and 4?

In such a situation, it is hard to ascertain that the inner walls may be dry wall. As it looks uniform thickness.

595a59bfa4e22_sampleillustrationsolidvsdrywallsa.png.219bcce0f4e1ad1e0f44cc900b6c2cef.png

Legend: Yellow = solid concrete or brick wall or beam

RED = dry wall partitions

For this sample floor plan, judging from the wall thickness, maybe those marked in Green are Solid Walls, while those marked in Blue would be Dry Walls.

Interesing that the same wall surfaces are actually made up of different materials. :)

Screenshot_2017-07-04-09-25-10_com.adobe.reader_1499131564316_1499131766752.jpg

• Staff
On ‎7‎/‎4‎/‎2017 at 8:38 PM, anything said:

For this sample floor plan, judging from the wall thickness, maybe those marked in Green are Solid Walls, while those marked in Blue would be Dry Walls.

Interesing that the same wall surfaces are actually made up of different materials. :)

Screenshot_2017-07-04-09-25-10_com.adobe.reader_1499131564316_1499131766752.jpg

Looks pretty much correct.

Other than the Livia at Pasir Ris where the toilets are some kind of moulded materials with some polycarbonate materials.

In my opinion, so far, 99.99 percent of the time, all walls surrounding the toilets are solid. 

For practical reasons ... to avoid moulds or baterial to form and cause  illness. 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Cecil Lee said:

Looks pretty much correct.

Other than the Livia at Pasir Ris where the toilets are some kind of moulded materials with some polycarbonate materials.

In my opinion, so far, 99.99 percent of the time, all walls surrounding the toilets are solid. 

For practical reasons ... to avoid moulds or baterial to form and cause  illness. 

For the above Floor Plan, the wall between Bath 2 and Bedroom 4 seem to be Dry Wall though.

That makes it the 0.01% then? :)

Edited by anything

On ‎7‎/‎3‎/‎2017 at 10:21 PM, Cecil Lee said:

Agree.

For HDB BTOs, it is based on common sense. HDB Toa Payoh Crest because of it's height.. took close to 5 years to complete. Where usually a "standard" BTO development often T.O.P. between 2 1/2 to 3 1/2 years depending on the size of the project. Majority of HDB BTO's are relatively between 500 units to 1200 max.

Looking at TRE's floor plans, looks like most walls (even those exterior of the house) are rather thin (and dry): :(

tre-residences-4DK-947sqft-c.jpgtre-residences-4br-premium-947sqft-c.jpgtre-residences-4DK-PH-1475sqft-c.jpg

• Staff

In my opinion, the trend started with CDL.

I discovered this when The Livia by CDL was launched a while back.

And ever since, many other Developers also joined this ban wagon. 

Thus, nowadays, it is 100 certain that anything  built by specific Developers who had done it.. will often.. continue with this trend...

We can also "blame" it on the countries that ban the sale of sand to Singapore. Starting from Malaysia.... However, these countries have their constraints especially political..

Edited by Cecil Lee
  • Like 1

On 04/07/2017 at 8:38 PM, anything said:

By the way, this layout also considered as Stove and WC (Bath 2) side by side? 

Screenshot_2017-07-04-09-25-10_com.adobe.reader_1499131564316.jpg

Edited by anything

• 10 months later...
  • Staff

Shapes and Forms Feng Shui does not really favour of all the yellow highlights:

1. air-con ledge as shown in the attachment
2. Kitchen located beside or sharing the living room balcony area
3. Master Toilet at the frontage of the unit.

verandah 3 bedroom_3 and shapes and forms feng shui.png

• 5 months later...