About Feng Shui at Geomancy.Net
Sponsored Link

Part 1: The Brownstone EC @ Yishun / Canberra - Which units are lucky?

Cecil Lee

• Staff

Part 1: The Brownstone EC @ Yishun / Canberra & Common sense

The Brownstone EC @ Yishun / Canberra & Common sense

1. Please see attachment.

2. Layout TYPE A1b

In my opinion, the distance between the stove to the
side wall is acceptable.

3. Layout TYPE D1

I personally fin the clearance between the stove and sidewall being too close for comfort in the wet kitchen.

4. In addition, as an added precaution; I also strongly believe that the developer should not have placed the DB box BESIDE / next-to the kitchen stove for safety reasons.

4.1 As in many instances, fires do start especially at the stove area.

4.2 And especially for TYPE A1b & D1; it being so close to the main entrance door. Should a fire spread... the only other EXIT is to "jump down from the windows... hopefully it is not like jumping off a high floor!

5. In a way... some simply call this BAD FENG SHUI. But in reality; such things have it's origins in pure common sense!

6. The idea of "You stay, there; we don't" could be one excuse why the architect allowed, this.

7. In my opinion the least, the developer could do; is perhaps provide a reasonable quality smoke detector. Although this does fail at times e.g. portable 12v battery ones.. no battery... at least as a .....

Master Cecil Lee, Geomancy.Net

Sponsored Link

• Staff

Part 2: The Brownstone EC @ Yishun / Canberra : Determining the Flying Star Facing directions of Block/stacks: 154, 156, 158
160, 162 &?164

1. These 6 Blocks share the same facing directions thus used as a reference.

2. Unfortunately, for this development: based on the streetdirectory.com map: I determined the degrees of the above 6 blocks as either: NW3 337 degrees or SE3 157 degrees.

3. If we add just another +0.4 degrees and the above two readings would result as what was shown in the Sales Brochure Site map of N1 or S1 respectively.

4. In the Sales Brochure site map: I found one reading at N1 = 340 degrees; while the other S1 = 150.

5. This is the concern whenever the facing direction is very close to the "border" of each other.

6. In the last few readings for other developments: The Glades, Forestville etc... there is a comfortable margin of error. As each sector spans 15 degrees. But not the case, here.

7. So which reading should I use (first?).

7.1. In theory, assuming that the blocks are laid out exactly as it is without much deviation; I could TRY to use the streetdirectory.com 's, first. As I had mentioned, previously, a few sales brochures got their North marking completely wrong.

8. What about using Onemap.sg?to determine the facing direction?

8.1. Unfortunately, onemap..sg 's map that uses the?accurate government survey?map is never available until after the actual T.O.P.? As only then can the actual outline of the?development show up clearly e.g. in a satellite map and for the officials to correctly map it out.

9.?Imagine.. you had plotted a NW3 map only to find out later that the unit you bought is a N1 facing or vice versa.

10. For this?development: caveat emptor .... ??

On 10/15/2015 7:27:00 AM, Anonymous wrote:>Part 1: The Brownstone EC @>Yishun / Canberra & Common>senseThe Brownstone EC @>Yishun / Canberra & Common>sense 1. Please see>attachment. 2. Layout TYPE A1b>In my opinion, the distance>between the stove to the side>wall is acceptable. 3. Layout>TYPE D1 I personally fin the>clearance between the stove>and sidewall being too close>for comfort in the wet>kitchen. 4. In addition, as an>added precaution; I also>strongly believe that the>developer should not have>placed the DB box BESIDE />next-to the kitchen stove for>safety reasons. 4.1 As in>many instances, fires do start>especially at the stove area.>4.2 And especially for TYPE>A1b & D1; it being so close to>the main entrance door. Should>a fire spread... the only>other EXIT is to "jump down>from the windows... hopefully>it is not like jumping off a>high floor! 5. In a way...>some simply call this BAD FENG>SHUI. But in reality; such>things have it's origins in>pure common sense! 6. The idea>of "You stay, there; we don't">could be one excuse why the>architect allowed, this.7. In>my opinion the least, the>developer could do; is perhaps>provide a reasonable quality>smoke detector. Although this>does fail at times e.g.>portable 12v battery ones.. no>battery... at least as a .....

• Staff

Part 3: The Brownstone EC @ Yishun / Canberra : Determining the Flying Star Facing directions of Block/stacks: 154, 156, 158
160, 162 &?164

1. What if these blocks falls in-between N1 or NW3? /? S1 or SE3?

1.1. If so, this is considered as a zone of emptiness. Or "no-man's land" or simply "an unwanted" child.

1.2. Such units or homes often are plagued with loss of wealth leading to family breakups etc.. etc... You name it... "You got it bad".... type of thing..... the black cloud is always following "YOU" ....

2. Hopefully, the above is not true!

On 10/15/2015 8:13:08 AM, Anonymous wrote:>Part 2: The Brownstone EC @ Yishun />Canberra : Determining the Flying Star>Facing directions of Block/stacks: 154,>156, 158160, 162 &?1641. These 6 Blocks>share the same facing directions thus>used as a reference.2. Unfortunately,>for this development: based on the>streetdirectory.com map: I determined>the degrees of the above 6 blocks as>either: NW3 337 degrees or SE3 157>degrees.3. If we add just another +0.4>degrees and the above two readings would>result as what was shown in the Sales>Brochure Site map of N1 or S1>respectively.4. In the Sales Brochure>site map: I found one reading at N1 =>340 degrees; while the other S1 = 150.5.>This is the concern whenever the facing>direction is very close to the "border">of each other. 6. In the last few>readings for other developments: The>Glades, Forestville etc... there is a>comfortable margin of error. As each>sector spans 15 degrees. But not the>case, here.7. So which reading should I>use (first?).7.1. In theory, assuming>that the blocks are laid out exactly as>it is without much deviation; I could>TRY to use the streetdirectory.com 's,>first. As I had mentioned, previously, a>few sales brochures got their North>marking completely wrong.8. What about>using Onemap.sg?to determine the facing>direction?8.1. Unfortunately, onemap..sg>'s map that uses the?accurate government>survey?map is never available until>after the actual T.O.P.? As only then>can the actual outline of>the?development show up clearly e.g. in>a satellite map and for the officials to>correctly map it out.9.?Imagine.. you>had plotted a NW3 map only to find out>later that the unit you bought is a N1>facing or vice versa.10. For>this?development: caveat emptor ....>??On 10/15/2015 7:27:00 AM, Cecil Lee>wrote:>Part 1: The Brownstone EC>@>Yishun / Canberra & Common>senseThe>Brownstone EC @>Yishun / Canberra &>Common>sense 1. Please see>attachment.>2. Layout TYPE A1b>In my opinion, the>distance>between the stove to the>side>wall is acceptable. 3. Layout>TYPE>D1 I personally fin the>clearance>between the stove>and sidewall being too>close>for comfort in the wet>kitchen. 4.>In addition, as an>added precaution; I>also>strongly believe that the>developer>should not have>placed the DB box BESIDE>/>next-to the kitchen stove for>safety>reasons. 4.1 As in>many instances,>fires do start>especially at the stove>area.>4.2 And especially for TYPE>A1b &>D1; it being so close to>the main>entrance door. Should>a fire spread...>the only>other EXIT is to "jump>down>from the windows... hopefully>it is>not like jumping off a>high floor! 5. In>a way...>some simply call this BAD>FENG>SHUI. But in reality; such>things>have it's origins in>pure common sense!>6. The idea>of "You stay, there; we>don't">could be one excuse why>the>architect allowed, this.7. In>my>opinion the least, the>developer could>do; is perhaps>provide a reasonable>quality>smoke detector. Although>this>does fail at times e.g.>portable>12v battery ones.. no>battery... at>least as a .....

• Staff

So when can I know the facing direction of my unit?

Wait until you collect your keys or near completion: sneak in to take a reading...

On 10/15/2015 8:35:04 AM, Anonymous wrote:
Part 3: The Brownstone EC @ Yishun /
Canberra : Determining the Flying Star
Facing directions of Block/stacks: 154,
156, 158160, 162 &1641. What if these
blocks falls in-between N1 or NW3 / S1
or SE3?1.1. If so, this is considered as
a zone of emptiness. Or "no-man's land"
or simply "an unwanted" child.1.2. Such
units or homes often are plagued with
loss of wealth leading to family
breakups etc.. etc... You name it...
"You got it bad".... type of thing.....
the black cloud is always following
"YOU" ....2. Hopefully, the above is not
true!On 10/15/2015 8:13:08 AM, Cecil Lee
wrote:
Part 2: The Brownstone EC @
Yishun /
Canberra : Determining the
Flying Star
Facing directions of
Block/stacks: 154,
156, 158160, 162
&1641. These 6 Blocks
share the same
facing directions thus
used as a
reference.2. Unfortunately,
for this
development: based on
the
streetdirectory.com map: I
determined
the degrees of the above 6
blocks as
either: NW3 337 degrees or SE3
degrees.3. If we add just another
+0.4
degrees and the above two readings
would
result as what was shown in the
Sales
Brochure Site map of N1 or
S1
respectively.4. In the Sales
Brochure
site map: I found one reading
at N1 =
340 degrees; while the other S1
= 150.5.
This is the concern whenever
the facing
direction is very close to
the "border"
of each other. 6. In the
last few
readings for other
developments: The
Glades, Forestville
etc... there is a
comfortable margin of
error. As each
sector spans 15 degrees.
But not the
case, here.7. So which
reading should I
use (first?).7.1. In
theory, assuming
that the blocks are
laid out exactly as
it is without much
deviation; I could
TRY to use the
streetdirectory.com 's,
first. As I had
mentioned, previously, a
few sales
brochures got their North
marking
completely wrong.8. What about
using
Onemap.sgto determine the
facing
direction?8.1. Unfortunately,
onemap..sg
's map that uses theaccurate
government
surveymap is never available
until
after the actual T.O.P. As only
then
can the actual outline
of
thedevelopment show up clearly e.g.
in
a satellite map and for the officials
to
correctly map it out.9.Imagine..
you
had plotted a NW3 map only to find
out
later that the unit you bought is a
N1
facing or vice versa.10.
For
thisdevelopment: caveat emptor
On 10/15/2015 7:27:00 AM, Cecil
Lee
wrote:
Part 1: The Brownstone
EC
@
Yishun / Canberra &
Common
senseThe
Brownstone EC @
Yishun /
Canberra &
Common
sense 1. Please
see
attachment.
2. Layout TYPE A1b
In my
opinion, the
distance
between the stove
to the
side
wall is acceptable. 3.
Layout
TYPE
D1 I personally fin
the
clearance
between the stove
and
sidewall being too
close
for comfort in
the wet
kitchen. 4.
In addition, as
an
added precaution; I
also
strongly
believe that the
developer
should not
have
placed the DB box BESIDE
/
next-to
the kitchen stove for
safety
reasons.
4.1 As in
many instances,
fires do
start
especially at the stove
area.
And especially for TYPE
A1b &
D1; it
being so close to
the main
entrance
door. Should
a fire spread...
the
only
other EXIT is to "jump
down
from
the windows... hopefully
it is
not like
jumping off a
high floor! 5. In
a
way...
some simply call this
BAD
FENG
SHUI. But in reality;
such
things
have it's origins in
pure
common sense!
6. The idea
of "You stay,
there; we
don't"
could be one excuse
why
the
architect allowed, this.7.
In
my
opinion the least, the
developer
could
do; is perhaps
provide a
reasonable
quality
smoke detector.
Although
this
does fail at times
e.g.
portable
12v battery ones..
no
battery... at
least as a .....

brownstone_flying_stars.png

• 11 months later...

IMG_20160923_110352.jpg
Master Cecil Lee, 

The Brownstone EC blocks are mostly up.....and I read your assessment that most stacks are facing the dreaded N1 or S1... :((

Is it all gloom or can be remedied dependant on the owner's bazi?

Anyway, here is the layout of a typical 3bedroom unit at Blk 154 and hope you can give some general comments despite the above.

• Staff
2 hours ago, myfs_161834 said:

IMG_20160923_110352.jpg
Master Cecil Lee, 

The Brownstone EC blocks are mostly up.....and I read your assessment that most stacks are facing the dreaded N1 or S1... :((

Is it all gloom or can be remedied dependant on the owner's bazi?

Anyway, here is the layout of a typical 3bedroom unit at Blk 154 and hope you can give some general comments despite the above.

These are some considerations:

1. My main concern was hopefully, the units do not land between a N1 or a NW3 and correspondingly it is not between a S1 and SE3.

2. Thus if the individual block / stack /unit can be confirmed as belonging to either a distinct Flying star direction e.g. N1 or S1; then the "norm" applies.

3.  To confirm whether it is a N1 / NW3? for example; one should best use a good compass. For example I mentioned a solid brass one or

3.1. I just checked the website one.map.sg  On the bottom right corner of their map they have mentioned " data.gov.sg " And this should be the defector standard to confirm the compass direction if Para 3 above fails to provide an accurate reading.

4. By reading your message; you are quite certain that the blocks / stacks are aligned N1 or S1.

4.1. As I mentioned in an earlier thread; I have to go down individually and to the specific block to confirm the readings. It does not technically means that taking a reading of one block means that it applies to all others. Sometimes the builder align each block just a little bit off from others.

4.2. The naked eye cannot detect such deviations. Here, even Para 3.1. need to be looked carefully or individually - as per Para 4.1 above.

5. If a layout falls within e.g. N1 or S1; then:-

The Concept of Maximizing Marks or other concepts applied:-

http://www.geomancy.net/wiki/The_Concept_of_Maximizing_Marks

the brownstone onemap sg.png

• Staff

1. In my opinion, a solid brass compass; Low-tech but accurate.

2. Photo shows the solid brass compass + I had added a good quality Protractor below it. The purpose of this protractor is to determine a degree up at 1 degree increments. 

3. Thus, this is a combined compass + protractor add-on.

4. I had this set-up for many years. And one can even see the yellowish aging of the protractor. Previously, it was clear-white.

5. I will be using this especially @ The Brownstone EC

final.jpg

Master Cecil Lee,

1. As the site is still works in progress, can the facing be determined along Canberra Drive with compass app?

2. Based on the 3bedroom unit layout as above, which is the front of the unit? I am confused as to the entrance door or balcony with the windows of bedrooms are also on the same side as balcony.

3. We are in the West group. Will this mitigate the facing of the unit

Thank you.

• Staff
7 hours ago, myfs_161834 said:

Master Cecil Lee,

1. As the site is still works in progress, can the facing be determined along Canberra Drive with compass app?

2. Based on the 3bedroom unit layout as above, which is the front of the unit? I am confused as to the entrance door or balcony with the windows of bedrooms are also on the same side as balcony.

3. We are in the West group. Will this mitigate the facing of the unit

Thank you.

1. You may if you want to.

2. However, my purpose is depending on a clients : block / stack /unit to take a reading for that specific one.  Here, it is acceptable to take readings for combined Block 154 with 156. For those @ Blocks 158 with 160, then a separate reading is taken for this pair. Similarly, for pair Block 162 with 164 a separate reading.

2.1. I have mentioned the purpose of the reading. While standing at a remote area to figure out the reading is up to you. This method is unacceptable to us (geomancers) especially for this development as we are expected to do more to confirm ....

2.2 On-site and close-up and with a reliable compass, many readings will be taken. Such as:-

2.2.1 Readings within the actual unit itself e.g. standing inside the main door looking outwards. And a host of readings e.g. standing inside the living room looking outwards of the balcony; from bedroom looking out of the bedroom windows.

2.3. Below the specific block. (See simple attached sample illustration) By taking systematic readings along the X and Y axis of the block plus readings within the unit.

2.3.1 In this example: If I were to determine the compass readings especially of Block 156 stack 26: In addition to the interior unit readings; I would Standing at marking in RED "A" taking a reading towards "B" and vice versa. Other readings include standing at Blue coloured marking "C" to take a read towards "D" and/or "E" etc...

2.4. The above just cannot be done remotely away from the actual block. Fundamentally, as the term Compass School suggest, eventually, readings must be taken WITHIN the unit, also.

3. Please note that in may other developments; this is not necessary as often even if there is a larger margin of error even as far as several or more degrees wrong; it is a clear cut case of the unit falling under a specific Flying Star direction.

Brown-Stone-Site-Plan COMPASS READINGS.png

• Staff
12 hours ago, Cecil Lee said:

1. You may if you want to.

2. However, my purpose is depending on a clients : block / stack /unit to take a reading for that specific one.  Here, it is acceptable to take readings for combined Block 154 with 156. For those @ Blocks 158 with 160, then a separate reading is taken for this pair. Similarly, for pair Block 162 with 164 a separate reading.

2.1. I have mentioned the purpose of the reading. While standing at a remote area to figure out the reading is up to you. This method is unacceptable to us (geomancers) especially for this development as we are expected to do more to confirm ....

2.2 On-site and close-up and with a reliable compass, many readings will be taken. Such as:-

2.2.1 Readings within the actual unit itself e.g. standing inside the main door looking outwards. And a host of readings e.g. standing inside the living room looking outwards of the balcony; from bedroom looking out of the bedroom windows.

2.3. Below the specific block. (See simple attached sample illustration) By taking systematic readings along the X and Y axis of the block plus readings within the unit.

2.3.1 In this example: If I were to determine the compass readings especially of Block 156 stack 26: In addition to the interior unit readings; I would Standing at marking in RED "A" taking a reading towards "B" and vice versa. Other readings include standing at Blue coloured marking "C" to take a read towards "D" and/or "E" etc...

2.4. The above just cannot be done remotely away from the actual block. Fundamentally, as the term Compass School suggest, eventually, readings must be taken WITHIN the unit, also.

3. Please note that in may other developments; this is not necessary as often even if there is a larger margin of error even as far as several or more degrees wrong; it is a clear cut case of the unit falling under a specific Flying Star direction.

Brown-Stone-Site-Plan COMPASS READINGS.png

Please see attachment.

Outdoors especially below the block/stack/unit: compass readings can be taken from X to Y and vice versa and/or J to K and/or H to I or vice versa.

Indoors, compass readings also need to be taken such as from marking in blue A to B (in several of the places).

Indoors, should also try to take compass readings in green C to D or vice versa. The readings at the walkway passage way is not compulsory.

If one is a hardcore old style conservative Geomancer or their followers can continue to take readings from the main door at green "C" looking towards "D".

Resources on better understanding what is the frontage or "main door" in the modern day..

COMPASS READINGS OF A UNIT.png

• 5 months later...
  • Staff

AS WE ENTER PERIOD 9 FLYING STAR FENG SHUI FROM 2024 TILL 2043

WHICH UNITS ARE LUCKY?
image.png.322619467450bea7b53a39edb3064682.png

Part 1: How is the luck of the Interior Feng Shui of this unit?
Part 2: External Feng Shui luck? + Overall score/luck.
Part 3: How suitable is the unit - Frontage, Kitchen & Main Bedroom?

PART 1

image.png.919f86ac4068816fabf147212572570b.png
Depends on the Internal Layout & Sectors - How Lucky?

XINTERNAL.gif.d9af8924f0296c58ffa61955890ffc1e.gif

Majority of the units in The Brownstone either face: N1 or S1

image.thumb.png.7930f7050f23aa6e61021d826aff2042.png

HEADACHE.png.f909220f043f3b82d79031efbf9912fc.pngN1 [Less lucky under Period 9. As formerly double #8's at it's frontage at South]

S1 [Unlucky under Period 8. In general more lucky now in Period 9 (2024 till 2043).  
However this depends on where is the living room & external features of the unit.]

Also need to review/consider the individual Internal Layout Plan

PART 2

image.png.b20d51d387ffc3fecfd1ca4536b1d2af.png
Location, location, location?
image.png.6cb715af858bd5c21b1958f73465a364.png

Sha Qi? Poison Arrow? 

1watchyourfront.png.144f401f07432ab1316a30890c450d52.png
Watch Your Front, Sides & Back!

X1EXTERNAL.gif.97cebbef84198f7d87e273035fbfb23c.gif

PART 3

image.png.c5d88140dad56cb31762d8acd4313636.png
How Suitable to breadwinner?

image.png.833e364ba94fb435c80af7e9c424387c.png

image.png.a374728bf11c51f8a0f2994ce8dcbdf2.png
Please note that has yet to take into consideration:
1. How suitable is the unit to the main breadwinner &
2. External Shapes and Forms of the unit

image.png.eb1572b92ac460af725d8373f85eb51e.png

Get Expert Help:

++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++

How do you Feng Shui your home? Use your front door? Who are the Conservatives & the Modernist?

• 6 years later...
  • Staff

How can we help you today?

Comprehensive Home Package [A.]: On-site or [B.]: Off-site for HDB / Condo / EC & Landed Properties for New/Re-Sale House or facing financial/ marriage/ relationship/ health issues

Do you offer a 1 visit On-site audit? How much?

" As much as we see, Geomancy.net has great web presence built up over the years and is seen as one of the SG market leaders in residential house audit. "

Success starts with good Feng Shui

367287073_HEALTHWEALTHANDHAPPINESS50.png.03992f40f00dc4cd5e9453963bf0fa6c.png
Transparent Pricing & No Hidden Costs. No Purchase of Products.

WHATSAPPx.gif.933b1f171b62310142ae17b5501fc685.gif Cecil Lee, +65 9785-3171 / support@geomancy.net

1861277562_UNDERSTANDINGMICRO.png.891959f03ef51f98ac6911212f3b30ed.png

House Hunting? We will help you select the most auspicious unit!
Learn More
696681019_geoamncysgicon.png.fb8c9b974fb87d32583cae8b9c22b372.png

The Experts in House Hunting

• Cecil Lee changed the title to Part 1: The Brownstone EC @ Yishun / Canberra - Which units are lucky?