About Feng Shui at Geomancy.Net
Sponsored Link

Bedroom under antenna

myfs_145520

Dear Cecil

Can you advise if it is really a taboo to have a bedroom that sits underneath

1) an antenna of a building?

2) watertank of a building?

As the unit is on the highest floor, it is unavoidable to have these 2 above the bedrooms. What remedy can be taken? Thank you so much, Cecil.

Sponsored Link

• Staff

1. In my opinion, this has more to do with Common Sense.

2. And for simplicity; I coined this: "Common sense Feng Shui."

3. In many of my examples: I always; first try to see if there is a link between common sense, first. And if so; because of common sense that some say it is "bad" Feng Shui.

4. There are numerous examples in my other replies.

5. Why common sense:-

5.1. "2) watertank of a building?"

Usually the structural engineer had already taken into consideration the watertank above a unit.

In the past; in Korea, a shopping mall had air-conditioner units on it's roof top. Many factors such as these air-con units were constantly re-arranged; and other factors include; more loading due to food outlets just one floor below the roof; had to add more assets such as heating elements in the flooring etc...

As all these structures were man-made; an error or even "touch-wood" an earth-quake with the same wave-length can even shake and weaken the structure of a roof etc.. or if one has seen many older HDB homes .. there are spalding concrete as the re-bars became rusty.. etc..

At the roof-top; water always finds the easiest way downwards. Thus if the roof top are not properly maintained; or "water-proofed"... it may just weaken the structure..

5.2. Just last year, my client who is a Doctor; was house-hunting. And one of the units that he had considered was at The Hillside condo at Bukit Timah.

5.2.1. He personally told me that he had used a "meter" and found that while within the unit; the "micro-wave" was weak; but when he tested the "micro-wave" at the open areas e.g. pool side etc... it was quite "hot"....

5.3.2. Subsequently, he gave The Hillside condo a miss. By the way; there are two transmitting towers around 100 metres away from Block 343 The Hillside etc...

5.4. I took some photos of the transmitting towers. And if one has the time, can do a search in this forum for "The Hillside".

5.5 The Management principle: "It depends" applies, here:

5.5.1. It depends on the type of transmitting towers. Those that transmit most Handphone signals of the 800 or 900 hertz or the microwave .. may be a concern in close proximity.

5.5.2. I am no expert, here. But I believe; those transmissions such as radio broadcasts in the AM or FM of SW range... should be fine? As these signals also happen to be in space... Do check out..

Master Cecil Lee, Geomancy.Net

Dear Cecil

Yes, hoping for the best too. Sorry that the question was short as meant only for a generic understanding.

Can I ask another question? If an apartment was built in 1990 (period 7) but my unit has undergone a major renovation in period 8, am I right to use period 8 to analyse the flying star house number? If yes, it has a 8 1 interpretation of:

• [2] & [9] - Lots of Female in the house, Lots of romance. Termed as a Romance house

Does it mean female trouble between my husband and myself because of the words "lots of female in the house"? Or positively viewed, it means we will be a loving couple (Romance house). We are married with sons. Or, that my son will have lots of girl friend (problems) when they reach of age? Gulp. Seeking your clarification.

• Staff

1. Do a search in this forum and some of the key considerations on this topic is the "Hot and cold" continuum debate:

2. For example: there are the die-hard ultra conservatives who believes that only when the foundations are demolished and a new development takes it's place than a change of period occurs.

2.1. On the other than there are the fence sitters and the modernists who are open or receptive that a change might occur under certain conditions.

2.2. Thus you have the "Hot and Cold" view points and some in between these two.

3. In my opinion; there is a further equation: What type of house is this?

3.1. If it is a landed property... certain situations like e.g. removing the roof of the house totally for at least 100 days... etc..

3.2. For a condo unit that is "stuck" to their various twins or triplets or quads etc.. there is a valid argument for the ultra conservatives to belief that it is harder to change the period.

4. For a home or apartment that has been lived in by the same family for sometime; then perhaps a common sense approach to this topic is... to look at the attachment...

5. In the days gone by; when everyone look at Japan;

5.1. I always remembered Sony's President's moto: "Research Makes the Difference".... And similarly, if this can be applied; it would be wonderful.. if not.. then... really...

6. For a geomancer; in this instance; myself : it is about Sight, Smell and Feel (SSF). When I enter a home that had been renovated; I would try to use these SSF.
7. IT DEPENDS! Thus, sometimes; I feel that when I enter a home; the feeling is "freshness". On other times... even after extensive renovations.. the house feels STALE that of "yester-years" not "brand" new... I could be wrong...

7.1. The additional feel comes from walking the surroundings.. taking a lift up to the unit; the external area outside of the home..

7.2. You know, lah.. such things are hard to pen .. down...

AGE OF A HOUSE.gif

Dear Cecil

Ha ha, like your caricature. :) 

Referencing to your review on Thomson Impression (http://www.geomancy.net/forums/topic/15000-part-1-thomson-impression-condo/#comment-31463), some considerations noted are poison arrow (Inglewood pointed roof), "point-blocks" is considered a safe design, etc.
Looking across to Thomson Three, although it has no pointed roof, it has many sharp building lines based on the building irregular shape. As such, may I ask what is your comment on the shape and form of the HDBs "sandwiched" between these 2 condos? Interestingly, 2 of the blocks (NW & SE), in this plot of land, look like a possible quantum leap? formation to me. And, if taking a west group person with a SW house facing, does the NW sector blocks be "more favourable" than those in the SE?

Thank you once again for your time and knowledge sharing.