About Feng Shui at Geomancy.Net
Sponsored Link

Compass readings

myfs_161790

We are planning to purchase a brand new apartment, the building is still under construction.  I have already tried all kind of compasses, including luopan, but have got all different results; it looks like like the compasses go crazy.  Just for a record, I'm not a novice to using a compass.  Mind you, most of the compass readings show NW more or less, but very inconsistent): sometimes it's NW1 (pearl string in period 8), then it's either NW2 or NW3.  What's going on, please?  What would be your advice in this case, please?  

Sponsored Link

• Staff
7 hours ago, myfs_161790 said:

We are planning to purchase a brand new apartment, the building is still under construction.  I have already tried all kind of compasses, including luopan, but have got all different results; it looks like like the compasses go crazy.  Just for a record, I'm not a novice to using a compass.  Mind you, most of the compass readings show NW more or less, but very inconsistent): sometimes it's NW1 (pearl string in period 8), then it's either NW2 or NW3.  What's going on, please?  What would be your advice in this case, please?  

These are some considerations:

1. I have checked your profile and understand that you are from Canada.

2. Please take note that all modern buildings do have "metal" embedded in them. Even if it is a wooden home; there are nails and even metal plate joints.

3. And in many colder countries; where there are floor heating; some developments choose to use piping to heat up the floor.

4. For a home that uses concrete or bricks; the builders often use re-enforced steel bars to strengthen the building or home.

5. Modern skyscrapers also use lots of steel in their construction.

6. Thus all these metal are not friendly to a compass.

7. In my opinion, this is why your compass goes haywire most of the time.

8. Sometimes even when we stand on a patch of grass; inadvertently, if some metal is buried into the near-by ground; and if one were to use a compass needle may also be deflected towards or away depending on the polarity of the metal in the ground or pillar.

9. One tried and tested method in the past was and still is to find some VIRGIN ground nearby to the home and take the readings. For example do try to face exactly where the home is aligned towards etc..

10. One can also get a copy of the street directory in your city and location of your home.

10.1. Please note that ALL street directories all over the world uses the same convention: North or 0/360 is exactly at the top and South or 180 degrees is at the bottom.

10.2. Please see sample attachment. These are local Singapore maps.

11. I used a protractor. If one examines the illustrations carefully, the protractor has the 0/360 placed at the top or apex of the street-map. And the corresponding 180 degrees at the bottom most of the frame.

12. If you can determine the outline of your home; use the protractor to find the exact direction of that direction.

13. One can even use google maps or your country's local electronic / web-based map.

14. For difficult locations; I use a shielded by thick brass exterior casing. That often used in a ship.

SAMPLE 2 CONFIRM LAYOUT2SITEPLAN.png

SAMPLE 3 CONFIRM LAYOUT2SITEPLAN.gif

SITEMAP 37 LOR ONG LYE.jpg

Master Cecil Lee, Geomancy.Net

• Staff

1. My must precise compass is as shown in these photos.

2. I use a solid brass compass with mineral glass cover.

3. I also added a protractor to the base of this heavy and solid brass encased compass; so that I can record the exact compass degree to any 1 degree increments.

4. If one looks closely, the added protractor is already turning yellowish.
5. As I had this compass for more than 18 years.
6. Please don't ask me where I bought it or where to get it. As I happen to pass an antique shop ...... and thinking out of the box; felt that I should get it.

7. This compass served me well especially in high rise complexes. The readings are always precise. A must for a reading done for one of the Big Four Accountancy firms who were looking for a new premises in Marina One...

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

• Staff

If one has the time; please use the Search feature in this forum and ...

cecil-new-small.jpg.9bbe6ebd457e29176876

Cecil Lee posted a topic in General Help

This link shows aSuunto compass that was "balanced for zone 3". Countries that are around the equator:-- http://forum.geomancy.net/phpforum/article.php?bid=2&fid=6&mid=12503&new=

• Staff
14 minutes ago, Cecil Lee said:

My must precise compass is as shown in these photos.

I use a solid brass compass with mineral glass cover.

I also added a protractor to the base of this heavy and solid brass encased compass; so that I can record the exact compass degree to any 1 degree increments.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

I believe the key success factor is the thick brass rim. See attached.

It is this thick brass rim plus the thick base is what shields the sensitive and vulnerable steel needle from interfering with an accurate reading.

image.jpeg

• 3 years later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • Staff

These are some of the materials buried below, service roads and even pavements.

Therefore of one uses a compass above such interference, then compass readings may vary depending on where one stands to take a reading!

If these mesh are made of iron, they can affect compass readings:

A0BC346C-6BE8-4015-AAE2-CF8B1A17E478.jpeg
Even standing near a lamp post can also affects one’s readings.

These mesh can make readings inaccurate:

CD053652-A4F4-4461-AC7D-AE2C834144DF.jpeg

C1559D77-3FE0-4374-847F-0B2FA3B361B7.jpeg

43E79048-E1CD-4E3D-B20F-DACC41C20932.jpeg

0D7CCEF4-7FF9-4A00-9DA3-7C093159ECC1.jpeg

2DF8D6D2-EA46-4C36-B3DB-2394BAF79093.jpeg

398F86A2-DE1F-4F83-B611-FB24DEB242A5.jpeg

• 8 months later...