About Feng Shui at Geomancy.Net
Sponsored Link

Luck Pillars

myfs_161825

I am going into a new luck pillar as of my birthday this year.  This pillar is an animal that is a 'friend', and the element is auspicious.  This is also my output element.  However, in my BAZI, birth-chart, I do not have any of this element.  none, not even hidden.

What does this mean for the likelihood of favorable luck during this 10 years coming in this luck pillar pls?

would it still benefit me to change my name, to bring in a name that is like the element?

if I need to ask this in a different place or pay for a different membership, pls. let me know that, as this answer is important to me.

Thank you

Sponsored Link

• Staff
16 hours ago, myfs_161825 said:

I am going into a new luck pillar as of my birthday this year.  This pillar is an animal that is a 'friend', and the element is auspicious.  This is also my output element.  However, in my BAZI, birth-chart, I do not have any of this element.  none, not even hidden.

What does this mean for the likelihood of favorable luck during this 10 years coming in this luck pillar pls?

Honestly, this depends on the interaction of the luck pillar and your main pillars. You have to consider things like the 10-yearly big luck, 5-yearly medium, yearly small luck whether they are on your side. You also have to consider whether the year generally have any major conflict and whether it is favourable to your five element or not. Whether there are clashes/harms/punishment/self-punishments etc. All these have an impact whether the year is good or bad, and whether there are challenges or not.

Without reviewing those in details, it is hard to tell you whether it is auspicious or not. For this, you may need the Ba Zi Premium report to be able to tell more.

URL: http://www.geomancy.net/products/po-bazi/po-bazi.htm

would it still benefit me to change my name, to bring in a name that is like the element?

Of course, having a suitable name that helps improve your five element will help in some way. As the more well balance your five elements (ie 20% of each element), the better your overall luck.

However, often this is more effective for a newborn or at least when he/she still haven't attended school. This is because the likelihood of the chinese name being used the most is during the school days. After that, it may not be used as much especially if you have western/christian names.

Hence, once a person reaches adult age, a name change may not really have as much of an impact as when you are young.

This is because a person has 3 forms of luck:-

1) Heaven Luck - Luck you are born with and supposed to have.

2) Earth Luck - Luck from your home and surrounding.

3) Human Luck - Luck from your relationship with others and own hard work.

So effectively, your heavenly given luck only covers 33.3% of your overall luck. And a name change will likely only affect about 10% of this 33.3%. So that means the name only covers probably about 3.3% of your overall luck. So the effectiveness of a name change when you are an adult is very low as compared to when young.

Hence, unless there is some situation where a name change is absolutely necessary, I often won't recommend it. You may even find working on the home/office feng shui which covers about 33.3% of your overall earth luck is more effective.

if I need to ask this in a different place or pay for a different membership, pls. let me know that, as this answer is important to me.

If you really want to look into this, then probably the service that will best help you would be the ba zi with expert review. 

URL: http://www.geomancy.net/products/po-bazi/po-bazi.htm

Only when you analysed the full chart, will you know how it impacts you, whether a luck period is good and so forth. Without, it's hard to give any advice.

Warmest Regards
Robert Lee