About Feng Shui at Geomancy.Net
Sponsored Link

The funeral ceremony

Sponsored Link

• Staff

Dear Anon,
1. Nowadays, with land scarcity, more people go for cremation.
2. The funeral procession remains unchanged till today.
Instead of `bringing' the dead or leading him/her to the burial grounds by musicians clanging bells etc..., the dead is lead to the crematoria.
3. Usually a separate ceremony is conducted after the ashes of the dead has been collected.
4. The `dotting' of the eyes on the portrait is less commmon today.
Few people follow this, as one would later have to continue `ancestor' worship i.e. place the portrait on an alter in the home. Offer incense etc... and prepare offerings during periods like Cheng Meng etc...
5. Burial sites such as the one shown in the picture (Photo Tours) are carefully chosen by Feng Shui Masters.
Usually, the tombstone face the South side of a hill or mountain. If one looks at the side picture of one of the photos (under Photo Tours) you will notice that all the graves face a certain direction i.e. cardinal point South (which stands for Yin side). North by the way stands for Yang or the living side.
6. The land for the above burial site was reclaimed sometime in 1970s. The Singapore estate is now Tampines.
I believe some of the public housing at Tampines Town, stands on the previous grave of my grand father.
7. As for the burning of paper houses, cars and `Hell money' (printed paper money) offered to the dead.

Nowadays, many do not go to the extend of burning the offerings of model paper houses and cars. However, many still burn `gold' paper or `Hell notes' as these are easy to buy and burn.

I remembered each time during Cheng Meng, (date to remember the date) we would help to fold these `gold' notes into the shape of Chinese gold ingots and place them in huge baskets to be burnted later.

Nowadays, if one does that even in one's backyard, and if there is a complain from neighbours, the police will come after us.
Warmest Regards,
Cecil

On 1/2/00 2:00:52 AM, Anonymous wrote:
Dear cecil,
Are these kind of funeral
ceremonies still performed or
it is changed with changing
time.(photo tour of Chinese
funeral ceremony)

Master Cecil Lee, Geomancy.Net

Master Cecil Lee, Geomancy.Net