About Feng Shui at Geomancy.Net
Sponsored Link

Kitchen Feng Shui in the house

Teddy Bear

Hi Master,

I would like to check with you this house main door is facing a wall then kitchen. I am concern on the stove position . The current is slightly facing maindoor but we wish to relocate the stove to next to the window instead. 

I need you advise on the position of the stove as both stove is very close to entrance with a block of wall. Will this create a bad feng shui?

Is the kitchen position is consider southeast as well?

Thanks for your advise in advance.

Floor plan.PNG

Sponsored Link

• Staff
5 hours ago, Teddy Bear said:

Hi Master,

I would like to check with you this house main door is facing a wall then kitchen. I am concern on the stove position . The current is slightly facing maindoor but we wish to relocate the stove to next to the window instead. 

I need you advise on the position of the stove as both stove is very close to entrance with a block of wall. Will this create a bad feng shui?

Is the kitchen position is consider southeast as well?

Thanks for your advise in advance.

Floor plan.PNG

I am not going to go through the Feng Shui portion. But, below is sufficient pure common sense will be enough to pursuade one not to...

In my opinion, although the current position is less than ideal (akin to the deep blue sea). It is still much better than your proposed change:-
Look at it this way: "The devil or the deep blue sea." The current position is like the deep blue sea.. while....

Three (3) reasons below are akin to a combined: "The Devil" :-

1. DID YOU CONSIDER DRAINAGE PIPES ABOVE THE CURRENT SINK? = "The Devil"

58c7ba07b39fe_wastepiping.png.c8ad01d6e26757d11a0e99c7439f2b5a.png

1.1 Unless the unit is at the highest floor; the current location where there is a wash basin always inadvertently have a waste pipe or a "U' pipe for drainage.

1.2 Thus, in Feng Shui; what could be worse? The current location which is after all not so bad (with the exception of the highest floor or penthouse).

1.3 Or placing the stove at the new location where the stove is directly BELOW the waste pipe?

1.4 As mentioned, above, nothing to fear if your unit is the highest or top most unit. But if yours is lower; do open the square "hole" in the kitchen ceiling; shine a torch light and you will see this waste pipe... above your potential stove.

2. STOVE NEXT TO A WINDOW AND DANGER OF FLAME OUT & WIND VORTEX?

2.1 Based on common sense, a stove close to the windows means that one should preferably close the window(s) when cooking to avoid either flame-out or if windy, hopefully the fire/heat does not blow towards the person when cooking.

3. IF IT IS A FRONT LOADING WASHING MACHINE & FACING THE NEW LOCATION OF STOVE

3.1 If the circular glass window of a front loading washing machine faces the stove; this is less than ideal. But a top loading washing machine is okay.

Master Cecil Lee, Geomancy.Net

Master Cecil Lee, Geomancy.Net

• 3 years later...