About Feng Shui at Geomancy.Net
Sponsored Link

Fu Lu Shou

siewchernhee

Currently we already have a Fu Lu Shou placed close to our dining table area. Recently my husband's aunt has converted to Christianity and is passing her Fu Lu Shou statue to us and now we have 2 sets of the Fu Lu Shou statue. I would like to find out if one household can have 2 Fu Lu Shou i.e. is there any clash in the fengshui and how I should placed the 2nd  Fu Lu Shou statue? Your advice is greatly appreciated.

Sponsored Link

• Staff

In my opinion, Feng Shui is non-religious. And many of the principles of Feng Shui is based on metaphysics.

Figurines like Fu Lu Shou and it's close equivalent of laughing buddha(s) are very popular "decorative" items in Chinese homes. And especially in the 1970's many Chinese who may not have an altar but yet, do keep such figurines.

Today, I have seen many clients who have several sets of the Fu Lu Shou figurines.

The only difference is that they often do have one large sized set of the 3 figurines as the major display item in a home. And many other much smaller sets.

Here the large sized set is often made of porcelain. While others can be in gold coated or other sets.

Thus, since these are non-religious items; there is no issue in having one or more sets.

But it would be extremely odd to have two sets of the same sized e.g. the 30 cm to 60cm sized side by side. As a display .. seems like "no taste".. at all. But no harm, here.

Another consideration, is that often or in the past, some purchase the Fu Lu Shou to be placed at a display shelf .. and so far as I recalled, no one has place such an item onto a proper altar table or pray directly to these three deities.

There are some who collect a few laughing buddhas and even display ( all ) of them.

If one has larged sized Fu Lu Shou x 2.. and unless one has separate areas to display them.. may just wrap the spare set and keep them or store them away.

As mentioned earlier.. all these has nothing to do with Feng Shui.

Master Cecil Lee, Geomancy.Net

Master Cecil Lee, Geomancy.Net