About Feng Shui at Geomancy.Net
Sponsored Link

House opposite electrical substation

Shen

Hi Master,

Would like to check with you. Direct opposite my main door is a electrical substation.

Since electrical substation is fire element. May I know, if I was born in earth element year, is the electrical substation will bring good to me ? As using the theory of fire produce earth? If this is wrong, is there any way to over come this? 

Please advise.

Sponsored Link

• Staff

In my opinion, frankly, it does not work this way.

If a person is a strong metal element or a strong earth element. Based on the same argument; these people should not be staying on earth. As everywhere they walk they are influenced by gravity/earth.

The good thing is that a substation may have some sort of magnetic field. But there are no reported information that magnetic field is harmful. Today, many hospitals also have MRI machines which generate massive magnetic fields.. and also no issue - provided no iron or steel is near-by.

Master Cecil Lee, Geomancy.Net

Dear Master Lee

Haha, very good explanation.

Thank for your information. But  everyone is saying feng sui is not good if substation is directly opposite to a property (direct face to main gate)? It will make people who saying in this property to get sick or any problem. In view of feng sui, it is really not advisable for staying in this property? If yes, then did Master Lee have any advise on how to over come this?

please let me know more. Thank you alot.

Note: Although the property is facing the substation directly, but there are still at least 60ft away. Which totally will not impact by the magnetic field.

• Staff

You wrote: "Note: Although the property is facing the substation directly, but there are still at least 60ft away. Which totally will not impact by the magnetic field."
What's the worry? 

Frankly, it is not so easy as. It is not like you can knock on your neighbour's door and change homes.

If you find it is dooms day; then in reality move-house. Can't be done right?

It is not like one can make the sub-station disappear. Or see too many Superman movies and line your home with "lead?" in this case ... erh... aluminium foil... the home.

As mentioned... if one is scared until like that.. there is no other cures...

Frankly, there are many who stay direction above a kilowatt transformer.

Are you living in a world of scaremongering?....

Thank you Master Lee, 

Your advise is very very good. Haha, personally, I am not worries about the so call radioactive. Just afraid on feng sui problem. But seem like Master Lee comment is all is decide by your own faith! But not like other feng sui sifu keep advise not good not good will curse bla bla bla problem. HAHA

Thank for your time for all this! 

• 7 months later...

hi master , appreciate the very enlightening insights. Is it bad fs if the substation is very near(<20ft) from the back of the house. Although it is sitting on higher land same height as the 2nd level bedroom)? 

tia

• Staff

In my opinion, there are no known scientific literature to say that this (magnetism) is bad.

In fact there are some private apartments with the transformer room directly above a unit.

Even very recently, I had posted photos of several HDB homes with the transformer room below a unit.

However, if you have this concern (real or unreal); many others also share the same concern. This boils down to the notion of grandmother stigma. Or grandmother's tale.

Thus, this may affect or even hurt future resale value (if any). 

• Cecil Lee pinned this topic
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Staff
  • 2 years later...

Hi Master.

My wife is concerned about a solar sub station that is opposite a house we would like to buy. The sub station is 20 mtrs away from the front door, you cannot see it as there is a large tree and very large succulent plant blocking the view. The station is actually inline with the driveway. The unit is only 4 foot tall.

• Staff
1 hour ago, Yianni said:

Hi Master.

My wife is concerned about a solar sub station that is opposite a house we would like to buy. The sub station is 20 mtrs away from the front door, you cannot see it as there is a large tree and very large succulent plant blocking the view. The station is actually inline with the driveway. The unit is only 4 foot tall.

Sorry, do you mean Electrical sub-station? 

• 1 year later...