About Feng Shui at Geomancy.Net
Sponsored Link

Door that bigger than main door....

E9054

Hi, I am about to renovate my house and I know that rear door cannot bigger than the main door....but from my living room to dry kitchen between them I dunno can consider a door or not and it's bigger than my main door? Should I make it smaller than my main door? IMG_2780.thumb.JPG.0205e9eed50352ceb140fadb14adf218.JPG

Sponsored Link

• Staff

Under symbolism in Feng Shui, the main concern is that of the main door vs rear door.

However, the passageway or whatever one wants to call it need not follow the concern spelt out by you.

There are few considerations:
1. Common sense. Given that this is a passageway, most architects would give an allowance of at least 800cm or 1 metre wide. This is because, if it is a terrace house, one may have to move bulky items e.g. a large fridge, bed-frames e.g. queen-sized etc..

2. It is not about how small this passageway needs to be or how small the door; but rather, the larger the opening.. avoid opening a door or a living room sliding panel/french doors with a visible opening directly towards the yard --- that's all.

Master Cecil Lee, Geomancy.Net

Master Cecil Lee, Geomancy.Net