About Feng Shui at Geomancy.Net
Sponsored Link

Help in applying feng shui in an apartment

cammydee

Hello master,

I'm from Eastern Europe, I am a feng shui enthusiast and amateur and I have studied the art of feng shui for 8-9 years now. I came to understand a lot of things about feng shui, but not all of them, and I can't say that I know everything regarded to it and still trying to understand some aspects, that's why I wanted to ask for help from someone that knows this better, and verify if what I am doing is correct.

I’m practicing feng shui only for my family. I don’t do it and don’t talk about it with other people, because our culture is based on christianity and some look at feng shui with doubt, fear or skepticism.

I was raised by my parents in a different way and though I am a christian, asian culture always fascinated me and drew me in. I understood it and I believe that feng shui is about balance, energy, life.

I would truly appreciate your help and advice.

Me and my husband are going to move into our own apartment sometime in July, Till then the house is in renovation.

1. The house period

The building was build in 1974, so that makes it a period 6, but since we did renovations inside (breaking down a part of a wall to create a door, taking out flooring, etc.) did that means that we changed the apartment's energy to the period 8?

2.  The front/facing of the house

Since the apartment belongs to a condominium, the main door of the apartment is in the building’s shared hallway (only one door to enter the house). In front of the door is the staircase going up to the next floor.  Besides people going up and down the stairs, not that often, I consider this not to be the front of the house, because of the yin energy.

On the other hand I want to consider the front of the house the part that has the most windows, because that is the place where I can let the yang in. People are walking, sitting on benches talking, kinds playing, some cars moving.

The apartment has 4 windows on one side (2 bedrooms, living room and kitchen). The other window is from the bathroom and it is on another side, singular, very small and I will disregard that.

The side where the 4 windows are it is the front of the building where the main entrance into the building is located.

In this situation, is it correct to consider the front/facing of the apartment the one with the 4 windows?

3. Compass reading to determine the facing direction

I’m having trouble with this, because when I stay in the center of the house (the living room), pointing the compass at the windows, it shows me different results from 100 to 115 degrees. When I go in the other rooms to the left and right of the living room sometimes it shows me 90 or even 120 degrees.

The apartment is at the 2nd floor of a 5 story building and I took the directions inside the apartment.

Being that the compass oscilates above and below the line of 112,5 degrees where the line between East and Southeast is, I don’t know if the facing direction is E3 or SE1 and I don’t know how to accurately find the facing direction of the apartment.

I want to get this right because I know that the facing direction will influence the flying star chart with the water and mountain stars of the house.

In this situation, how can I get a good compass reading? Should I do a measuring standing outside the apartment in front of the building?

Thank you very much.

Sponsored Link

• Staff

These are some considerations:

1. If in doubt, may have to draw both the Period 7 and Period 8 charts. In some instances, there are similarities

2. Should consider the side of the home with the most windows

3. My book on the use of compass includes the understanding that even in any country be it east europe or elsewhere, one can obtain a street directory: paper or soft copy and a protractor to check on the readings

Flying Stars - Using an Ordinary Compass - Book 1 2016-11-002.pdf

Master Cecil Lee, Geomancy.Net

1. May I ask when considering different house periods the similarities that I will find are regarded of the interaction of the stars?

2. Ok

3. Thank you for the book. It is very comprehensive, easy to understand and I will try to apply all methods.

Also when doing the house's chart, how do I interpret the stars? Here I'm a bit confused.

If you are kind to see which one is correct.

4.1 Do I interpret the starts by their element and see what is their relation to each other (constructive, distructive etc.) and try to reconcile the elements through shapes and color?

Example 

If in E palace I find 7 as the governing, 2 as mountain and 5 as water.

2 and 5 fuel 7, but 7 needs to be exausted, meaning I have to implement water (shapes and colors).

But taking into consideration that they sit in E, implementing water will exhaust 7 and will fuel the E and the element from E will control 2 and 5, and avoid as much as possible fire element.

4.2 Interpret the relation of the governing star with the palace and annual and monthly stars.

Example

In SE I find star 2 as governing and 6 as mountain and 3 as water, 5 as annual and 8 as monthly.

In this case is best to avoid SE palace, because of 2 as governing and 5 as annual but that will influence the eldest daugther.

If activating mountain that is auspicious, then SE can be used.

And SE can be enhanced with wood, thus controling the governing star 2 and annual 5.

Or is there a another way to do this?

• Staff
5 hours ago, cammydee said:

Also when doing the house's chart, how do I interpret the stars? Here I'm a bit confused.

If you are kind to see which one is correct.

4.1 Do I interpret the starts by their element and see what is their relation to each other (constructive, distructive etc.) and try to reconcile the elements through shapes and color?

Example 

If in E palace I find 7 as the governing, 2 as mountain and 5 as water.

2 and 5 fuel 7, but 7 needs to be exausted, meaning I have to implement water (shapes and colors).

But taking into consideration that they sit in E, implementing water will exhaust 7 and will fuel the E and the element from E will control 2 and 5, and avoid as much as possible fire element.

4.2 Interpret the relation of the governing star with the palace and annual and monthly stars.

Example

In SE I find star 2 as governing and 6 as mountain and 3 as water, 5 as annual and 8 as monthly.

In this case is best to avoid SE palace, because of 2 as governing and 5 as annual but that will influence the eldest daugther.

If activating mountain that is auspicious, then SE can be used.

And SE can be enhanced with wood, thus controling the governing star 2 and annual 5.

Or is there a another way to do this?

Seriously, the clue here is The Five Elements concept.

As both the Flying Stars and Ba Zi uses this concept.

Do a search in this forum for " Lowest common denominator". Unless one is versed in The Five Elements concept.. one will always be forever.. asking and asking how to interpret ...

Again the clue is:

#5 = big earth
#2 = weak earth etc.. etc...

One also has to use Ba zi or Four pillars .. eg.. is the person a weak water or strong water etc.. element..

If one is never ever going to understand and apply the above... no point keep on interpreting for that person..

Look at the chart below:-

1. Beside the word "FIVE ELEMENTS" = Lowest common denominator or L.C.M.:-

Five Elements concept.png

2. Flying stars e.g all numbers uses the Five Elements
3. Four Pillars or Ba Zi (Heaven Luck or born with) uses the Five Elements concept.

All the above use "The Five Elements" concept: "Give a Man a Fish, and You Feed Him for a Day. Teach a Man To Fish, and You Feed Him for a Lifetime"

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you for clearing that out and help me understand this better. I now that depending on what stars are in a sector I need to neutralize/balance by destroing, exhausting, fuel etc.

1. Also Is the sector's element considered when analyzing five elements? South is Fire, Center is Earth, North is water etc.? Or Pa Kua is left out and only flying stars are considered? I think this confused me when wanting to apply cures.

2. Another question about BaZi. I'm a weak metal and my husband is a strong earth. Earth generates and fuels Metal and I think this is good considering that strong supports weak. Using Fire will fuel Earth but will destroy Metal, using more Metal will weaken Earth.

In his situation I'm inclined to think that we don't need a binding element, but whenever there is earth it is good for both of us. Is this correct?

2. And I know that depending on how stars combine they have a meaning that could bring wealth, prosperity, possible health issues etc. When analyzing the meaning of the stars combinations, I need to look at mountain+water and annual+monthly. The base star doesn't combine, unless it makes a 10 with another star. Is this accurate?

Thank you very much. 

Hello master,

I wanted to thank you for all the support and help you are giving to people through your forum, becuase all the advice found here is a great resource.

I have read a lot of articles here and I come to understand a great deal of things and I found answers to the recent questions I asked.

I do have another question related to colors. This might be a very subjective discussion, but nevertheless another opinion is very welcomed.

Each element is represented by color and shape. And when resolving a certain sector, depending on the one's interpretation fire can be red, triangle shapes, light, candles etc.

I found other authors that include pink and purple as fire, some include purple as wood, others pink as earth etc.

For me, because of my profesion (illustrator, drawings), i tend to see and interpret colors different.

When I look at colors, For me gray is metal, pale pink is earth (like the quartz crystals extracted from the earth), yellow brown or deep brown is earth, blueish greens, turquoise is water etc.

I can't see them in another way, because I see the shades and tones in every color and that to me is associated with a certain element.

Is it ok to interpret the elements colors like this, from my own point of view?

• Staff
2 hours ago, cammydee said:

Hello master,

I wanted to thank you for all the support and help you are giving to people through your forum, becuase all the advice found here is a great resource.

I have read a lot of articles here and I come to understand a great deal of things and I found answers to the recent questions I asked.

I do have another question related to colors. This might be a very subjective discussion, but nevertheless another opinion is very welcomed.

Each element is represented by color and shape. And when resolving a certain sector, depending on the one's interpretation fire can be red, triangle shapes, light, candles etc.

I found other authors that include pink and purple as fire, some include purple as wood, others pink as earth etc.

For me, because of my profesion (illustrator, drawings), i tend to see and interpret colors different.

When I look at colors, For me gray is metal, pale pink is earth (like the quartz crystals extracted from the earth), yellow brown or deep brown is earth, blueish greens, turquoise is water etc.

I can't see them in another way, because I see the shades and tones in every color and that to me is associated with a certain element.

Is it ok to interpret the elements colors like this, from my own point of view?

These are some considerations:

1. As you correctly pointed out: there will never be a end as to who is considered right or half-right or wronge.

2. For example grey:

2.1. If it is sprayed e.g. metallic paint on metal e.g. a car or a fridge.. it does really look like metal. Especially if it is shiny.

2.2. But if this same colour matt grey painted onto a wall. It really looks grey. And some may consider as water element. As water can be Blue, black or grey.

3. "The Principle of Exception"

3.1.  You wrote : "I found other authors that include pink and purple as fire, some include purple as wood, others pink as earth etc. "

3.2 Yes, it is no point asking for example my opinon as to what I feel these colours or grey colour belongs to.

3.3 These are generally "peanut" colours.

3.4 Instead, one should look at the "Highest Order of colours".

3.5 In many old TV sets of the 1970s e.g. Sony Trinitron.. there is always a three colours : BLUE, GREEN and RED. Nowadays.. many also include YELLOW. Although Green and blue can be mixed to obtain YELLOW.

4. In my opinon, I will zoom into  PRIMARY COLOURS. As they are suppose to be most influential.

4.1. Look at the sample illustration. For a sector that has especially #5 or a combination of #5 with #2 or #9 = I would zoom into YELLOW as an example to avoid.

5. For #3. avoid GREEN. While brown is very common natural colour.

6. In fact, I have (for me) I would consider Metal as (White or LIGHT PASTEL colours). And this is found in the illustration.

7. Again above is JUST my opinion. To the best of my knowledge, I am figuring it out based on as much common sense as possible. Nevermind if people don't agree with it. Go eat, sleep, repeat the vicious cycle of classifying until the cows come home or rather.. drop dead....

sample illustratin on colours.png

In addition, both Husband and wife's binding element is wood. Thus, the master bedroom can include wood element.

sample illustratin on colours1.png

• Staff

In my opinion, I look at exceptions. Not purple, pink and pulling out the hair or finding that someone else classifies it under something else..

As mentioned, above, I look at "exceptions" or rather the APEX of colours. Primary colours. And in Feng Shui: I consider it as BRIGHT RED, BRIGHT GREEN, BRIGHT BLUE and BRIGHT YELLOW.

Of course one can argue that Yellow can be mixed by using green or blue. But, there are also some who consider it the 4th primary colour.

Again, please don't go and ask me why this person consider purple as wood.. he is right. Because.. there are purple tapioca roots which is a plant and tasty.. Maybe that person is infactuated by it..

Can also say.. nowadays ASH wood although grey.. to some is wood.

As mentioned, my priority is first and foremost the APEX colors. The rest of the others can be considered as PASTEL colours...

Primary colours.png

• Staff

Another consideration I often tell my client is: although I highlighted that a sector should not have BRIGHT YELLOW.

But go ahead if there are three primary colours in the bedroom.

In real life situations: it is not just black or white or green or yellow etc..

Go buy a colourful cartoon bed-sheet. It may have yellow, green and red or black.  If one has all three primary colours.. then no need to avoid say e.g YELLOW at NW sector in my sample illustration. "Yawn"

• Staff

"To each his own" 

This is how I would map the relationship between Colours to Feng Shui.

In Feng Shui: Location, location, location takes up 70 percent.

Others: Compass School Feng Shui etc 30%.

Thus based on the above; based on a holistic approach: this is why I consider Colours are secondary.

Some Feng Shui schools even consider it a myth of using Colours. But often, there is a hidden agenda. Most often, one may be asked to purchase products. But why?

You don't buy paint from a geomancer. Nor does he/she earn from service rendered in painting your home.

But there is a world of difference if one is to empty one's pocket to purchase highly marked up products in the name of Feng Shui.

Enclosed is a simple model:-

final.jpg

Thank you very much for taking the time to write such detailed and comprehensive explanation. I understand perfectly and I totally agree.

Primary colors (bright red, green, blue and yellow) and pastel colors.

If I choose to see bright pink as fire and pale pink as earth, that's my personal decision, but a primary color will always be considered first, acknowledging also BaZi.

Yes, many authors and websites make use of people's fears and push "magical" objects to buy from them. "OMG #5 is in this sector this month. Choose to buy from our Feng Shui Supermarket a rotten tomato, an oversized rhynocerous or a frog that talks to exhaust the malicious star and bring you wealth"

Never bought and don't plan to do so from these, like you said in another article, Fast Food Feng Shui.

Also I wanted to ask about Tai Sui (Grand Duke Jupiter), San Sha (Three Killings) and Sui Po.

I've read about how every year they sit in different directions and recommendations are given like to sit, not to sit, to face, confront, not to confront, not to disturb, no renovations, ground breaking etc. besides the usual selling technique: "here buy this product to help you neutralize" 

Are these to be considered when applying Feng Shui (to sit, not to confront, no renovations etc.) or they have no real influence and it is to be considered another scare tactic used to sell products? 

• Like 1

• Staff
13 hours ago, cammydee said:

Thank you very much for taking the time to write such detailed and comprehensive explanation. I understand perfectly and I totally agree.

Primary colors (bright red, green, blue and yellow) and pastel colors.

If I choose to see bright pink as fire and pale pink as earth, that's my personal decision, but a primary color will always be considered first, acknowledging also BaZi.

Yes, many authors and websites make use of people's fears and push "magical" objects to buy from them. "OMG #5 is in this sector this month. Choose to buy from our Feng Shui Supermarket a rotten tomato, an oversized rhynocerous or a frog that talks to exhaust the malicious star and bring you wealth"

Never bought and don't plan to do so from these, like you said in another article, Fast Food Feng Shui.

Also I wanted to ask about Tai Sui (Grand Duke Jupiter), San Sha (Three Killings) and Sui Po.

I've read about how every year they sit in different directions and recommendations are given like to sit, not to sit, to face, confront, not to confront, not to disturb, no renovations, ground breaking etc. besides the usual selling technique: "here buy this product to help you neutralize" 

Are these to be considered when applying Feng Shui (to sit, not to confront, no renovations etc.) or they have no real influence and it is to be considered another scare tactic used to sell products? 

You wrote: Also I wanted to ask about Tai Sui (Grand Duke Jupiter), San Sha (Three Killings) and Sui Po.

Reply:

1. The origins of Tai Sui or that you have already given the clue here: Grand Duke of JUPITER).

2. Why called Grand Duke of Jupiter? Not Grand Duke of Mars or Saturn or Moon?

3. This is because in our solar system other than the sun, everyone will agree that Jupiter is our next largest planet.

4. This is because Jupiter has a great mass thus it's gravity can influence earth.

5. This concept has more to do with roughly where Jupiter will (OVERALL) within that specific earth year.

6. The San Sha (Three Killings) and Sui Po and Grand Duke is based on the Flying Stars especially #5 and #3 for that year...etc...

7.  Where #5 is associated with Grand Duke. To be exact, every month it can also be found at different locations (But this is only for precision fine tuning).

2018 Annual Flying Stars: 59598c090c86a_2018annualflyingstars.png.2762bd0e7818aa564c90046c068adf3f.png

Resource extracted from: https://www.geomancy.net/content/feng-shui-resources/yearly-forecast/dog-2018-chinese-horoscope-feng-shui-yearly-forecast

8. The key success factor in understanding metaphyics is always question: HAS IT GOT TO DO WITH COMMON SENSE, FIRST?final.jpg.8e74ca306ff3e34998a9ee9e00b36802.jpg

9. One will be surprised that if one uses this simple doctrine.. many many things associated with Feng Shui or metaphycis has this common sense origin!

10. Frankly, I was impressed with the former Sony's founder: "Research makes the difference!".

11. "Reseach makes the difference" combined with a determination to try to fine a common sense Rationale behind this:-

• Staff

59598d5d12ed4_2018annualflyingstars.png.e2abd5855cff412e408959ee17ab6dcc.png

Some may question: Wait a moment.. if we tie in the mass of Jupiter ... this planet has a large mass always revolving right?

But how come you mentioned that it is West-North-West 300 degrees? And not changes?

We use this monthly chart to fine-tune case:-monthly flying stars.pngIn fact, Flying Stars can even be plotted daily, hourly also. But this seems impractical. Or more than some can chew-on.