About Feng Shui at Geomancy.Net
Sponsored Link

Practice Sword keeping

Chris

Dear Master,

I know this is quite old post and I'm not sure if it's still valid. But I'll just try my luck posting a quick question here.

i've recently bought a bokken (japanese practising samurai sword made of hard plastic), which I'm keen to learn sword technique martial art.

Does this consider bladed weapon as the edges are blunt except for the tip which a bit sharp.

If so, what are the precautions to take note or fengshui figure to place in my room if I'm keeping it in my wooden wardrobe/ drawer ?

regards,

Chris.

IMG_0021.JPG

Sponsored Link

• Staff

There are two considerations: [1.] Common sense and [2.] The concept of symbolism.

1. Common sense

1.1. Common sense says that if we leave real sharp blades lying around UNLOCKED; And if there is a child or children in the home influenced by martial arts films.

1.2. May not see the danger(s) of playing such items. Thus based on common sense never leave such things in the open. Especially in the living room or any rooms with unlocked doors as an added precaution.

1.3. As your samurai sword is not a toy, it can still hurt if it is left open. Be it a child swings it or stab someone with it.

2. Feng Shui under the concept of symbolism

2.1. Under Symbolism, best not to display the sword in areas like the master bedroom.

2.2. It is still acceptable to place it a gym room or a study room. But best that it is placed high-up away from prying eyes or playful child (if any).

3. There is really nothing cast in stone, here.

Master Cecil Lee, Geomancy.Net

Master Cecil Lee, Geomancy.Net