About Feng Shui at Geomancy.Net
Sponsored Link

FS Audit Tools: My favourite brand of protractor & how to use a compass

Cecil Lee

• Staff

Hi everyone,
I like to use the Saintograph (R) brand protractor.
It comes in various sizes. If I am not mistaken it costs around US$2.50/- to US$5.00/- plus or minus this amount. If you cannot find this brand, purchase a `reputable' brand.
For those who are new, I use it inconjunction with the compass method:
http://www.geomancy.net/fs/cecilcompass.htm
My favourite compass can be found under this link:-
http://www.geomancy.net/fs/recommendcompass.htm
Happy Feng Shuing:)
Important Tips:-

1. While doing so, always remember to take confirmation readings from the exterior of the house e.g. on a vacant land and do not wear jewellry or go close to the walls (wher the walls may have steel supports).
2. If possible purchase a compass with a line of sight e.g. like those with aiming sight.

Avoid using a Luopan to find the correct direction especially holding in the hands (although the illustration shows it in the animated graphic file of the link page. This is not accurate.)

3. Alternatively, if you have the "money", get a surveyor to measure the main entrance of the house for you.

Especially if you D.I.Y. and can afford this one time but very important step to determine your main entrance direction.

But of course, do it if you are going to apply the Flying Star theory. If you are only applying the Eight House,

I am not sure why one needs to hire a surveyor. This is because there are only 8 sectors as compared to 15 degree increments for Flying Star. Thus one has to be as accurate as possible with the measurements.

Warmest Regards,
Cecil

Master Cecil Lee, Geomancy.Net

Master Cecil Lee, Geomancy.Net

Sponsored Link